does it matter if i dont have all packs

tanya12

hi all wondering if any of you can answer this
so im on day 9 and am struggling to get my kcals up to what it says is enough on the meal planner, i also struggle to have all 4 packs or 3 packs and a meal so im just wondering if this is safe also will eating the packs later on in the eveing effect the weight loss?
thanx:)

I'm no expert, but from what I've read previously;

1) You must eat all your packs to avoid nutrient deficiencies
2) You can eat the packs when you want but try to space them out as much as you can to avoid eating too many carbs at once and causing a possible 'carb spike'.

I had 2 packs very close together and the next day felt more hungry than normal, so that may have been the reason.

Do you have any bars? I have breakfast/lunch/dinner, then a bar at around 9pm.

Good luck with it all! Hope that helps x

You can have your packs any time of the day and it won't make a difference. It does matter that you have them all though! I missed a pack by accident last week and the next day I felt so dizzy and weak. The packs have all the nutrients you need for the day in them, so try and squeeze them all in :)

You need to make sure that you are getting enough protein. Three packs on their own won't provide enough - you need 4 packs or 3 plus protein. If you don't take in enough protein your body will use your muscles to make up for the missing protein. This leads to muscle wastage, which is not only very bad for you but also will reduce your metabolism, making it even harder to keep the weight off at the end. During ketosis you may not feel hungry and not want to eat. But this is about prioritising your health and looking after yourself. Good luck for the rest of your journey!

As weasey said you need the nutrients (vitamins, minerals, protein AND fat) that is the 4 packs provide. Also your body will enter starvation mode quicker if you are not taking in the calories provided in 4 packs, meaning your weight loss slows.

Try having a shake long, makes it just like a drink then if you're struggling with the "food" - or alternatively, have a chocolate shake in a mug and heat it up before bed for a really lovely hot chocolate - great in this snowy weather :)

Missing the odd pack here and there won't make a difference really but doing it regularly isn't good for you at all. Like the others have said, you won't be getting everything that you need from just 3 and so that puts your body at risk. Also, if you're regularly missing packs then you'll probably find you end up feeling hungrier/less full and are more likely to cheat.

I missed a pack the other day but had extra (allowed) veg hopeful it hasn't made a different but won't be making a habit out of it!
Was just enjoying my salad so much ha :)

thanks for all the advice ;) i will try have the 4 packs i only lost 3 lb on my first week which i was extreamly disapointed in so im hoping for a bigger weight loss this week

If you're not eating enough you'll actually lose less. So that could be why. I'm sure you'll have a nice big loss next week.

I don't want to scare you but I did 4 months until November of last year... I was not 100% missed packs at least 2-3 a week and I started to lose hair... Lots of it.. I mean lots... Took 3 weeks of normal eating before it stopped falling out... I'm pretty sure that's lack of nutrients as I've done vlcd's before and this has never happened.. But I usually stick to them... This time I'm have 4 a day and am too frightened not to!!!

Back