Does pysillium husk affect ketosis?

Nanny Dawn

As the title says...does pysillium husk affect ketosis?

Still not happy with bowels!!!:cry:

Fibre clear did nothing. Don't like taking Senna or Bisacodyl regularly as they both cause severe stomach cramps, so thought that I might try the pysillium husk.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Dawn xx

Hello i have just just taken 4 pysillium husks this morning.. but please remember that these are a source to 'prevent' you getting consipated.
As you seem to be u are better off taking senna over night to get movement again. hope this makes sense :)

Yes it does. Thanks *Shanny* xx

Yep, got capsules. I am not brilliant at swallowing pills but was worried about the taste of the powder. x

Yep, got capsules. I am not brilliant at swallowing pills but was worried about the taste of the powder. x
i opened the capsules and poured into a glass added water.. it was vile LOL huge lumps floating around the glass.. haha but necked it back :)

I bought some yesterday as I don't want another - OW- OMFG - session on the toilet (sorry)...

I don't think they'll adversely affect ketosis as the cambridge diet people seem to use them.

Pysillium is not just something that will keep you regular it will also act as a laxative, by adding weight behind what is already there...

Pysillium capsules are no where near as good as just having the husks mixed with a little water...

I have been having pysillium for about 4 Years and so has my OH although he has added flax seeds...

If you are going to use pysillium make sure you have plenty of water as it does take water on itself to help the bowels, so less in your normal system...

Thanks everyone for yourhelp and advice.

Things okay at the moment,

Wow Dawn your losses are amazing well done! your daughter will be so proud of you :)

I was just thinking the same thing!

Well done indeed!

Back