does weight loss slow generally after the first 2-3 weeks?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Misdee, 2 May 2007 Social URL.

1. Misdee

Misdee Silver Member

had a great loss today, and would love to continue at this rate, do you think its possible if i stick to it? or a 3-4lb loss a week average?

obviously will be very happy to continue to lose at any rate, but a bit quicker would be a bonus :cool:
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Lenwie

Lenwie Full Member

Calorie counting
    They say the average is 3 to 3 1/2 lb per week, but my average seems to be 2lb so everybody different.:D Well done on your losses so far, it took me 5 weeks to get where you are in just 2!!!
  4. Rallya

Rallya Full Member

Cambridge Diet
    I think it has to do with how much weight you had to lose in the first place, like with me I had around 9-10 stone to lose and at the beginning was losing around 3 lb per week on average, now I am nearing goal I lose around 2 lb per week average. Ive lost around a stone a month which is about what you can expect.
  5. EmMUK

EmMUK Trying Hard!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Tony Ferguson
    I am sure it depends how much you have to loose. I lost very fast for the first 2 months and then it slowed down but is still incredible. the losses are in my signature.
  6. That's_So_Fetch

That's_So_Fetch Gold Member

Cambridge Diet
    Is it possible to lose a stone a month when you have about 3-4 stones to lose??
  7. kirsty2012

kirsty2012 is gonna shine in 2009

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    My losses are all over the place, i seem to do better on the weeks i have a little bit of chicken, seems to boost me.
  8. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

The Harcombe Diet
    Absolutely - if you're doing a VLCD you can expect to lose around a stone a month, I lost 3 stone in 3 months.

Most people lose around 3-5 lbs per week and it's not always dependent on size or how much you have to lose. You'll find generally that you lose in a pattern and everyone is different but after a couple of months you could well see a pattern emerging, but everyone's weight loss is up and down, it never comes off in a nice steady way :)

LAINEY Cambridge Diet Counsellor

I've always been under the thought that when doing SS, you lose anything between 1-4lbs per week, adding up to approx 1stone per month. The first two weeks being the exception to this, as you generally lose more at the start with any weight loss programme.
    You will of course lose bo-diddly some weeks! When going through a plateau phase, you could be doing SS to the letter, and still lose nowt on the scales - sometimes for a few weeks in a row! Very deflating to mood, but the results will shine through if you persevere! Everyone is unique, so weight loss is too to each individual! Keep up the fab work! 100% effort = 100% results!!!

Lainey xxx
  10. That's_So_Fetch

That's_So_Fetch Gold Member

Cambridge Diet
    Hi, thanx for your reply. I just got alittle worried because i thought i would have a slower weightloss because i haven't got a lot to lose like some people. I hope it takes about a month to lose because i really want to get rid of my weight and move forward with my life, it holds me back so much.

I'm just not looking forwar to TOTM time, lol.

Thanks again xx
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.