does weight loss slow generally after the first 2-3 weeks?

Misdee

Silver Member
had a great loss today, and would love to continue at this rate, do you think its possible if i stick to it? or a 3-4lb loss a week average?

obviously will be very happy to continue to lose at any rate, but a bit quicker would be a bonus :cool:

They say the average is 3 to 3 1/2 lb per week, but my average seems to be 2lb so everybody different.:D Well done on your losses so far, it took me 5 weeks to get where you are in just 2!!!

I think it has to do with how much weight you had to lose in the first place, like with me I had around 9-10 stone to lose and at the beginning was losing around 3 lb per week on average, now I am nearing goal I lose around 2 lb per week average. Ive lost around a stone a month which is about what you can expect.

I am sure it depends how much you have to loose. I lost very fast for the first 2 months and then it slowed down but is still incredible. the losses are in my signature.

Is it possible to lose a stone a month when you have about 3-4 stones to lose??

My losses are all over the place, i seem to do better on the weeks i have a little bit of chicken, seems to boost me.

Is it possible to lose a stone a month when you have about 3-4 stones to lose??

Absolutely - if you're doing a VLCD you can expect to lose around a stone a month, I lost 3 stone in 3 months.

Most people lose around 3-5 lbs per week and it's not always dependent on size or how much you have to lose. You'll find generally that you lose in a pattern and everyone is different but after a couple of months you could well see a pattern emerging, but everyone's weight loss is up and down, it never comes off in a nice steady way :)

I've always been under the thought that when doing SS, you lose anything between 1-4lbs per week, adding up to approx 1stone per month. The first two weeks being the exception to this, as you generally lose more at the start with any weight loss programme.
You will of course lose bo-diddly some weeks! When going through a plateau phase, you could be doing SS to the letter, and still lose nowt on the scales - sometimes for a few weeks in a row! Very deflating to mood, but the results will shine through if you persevere! Everyone is unique, so weight loss is too to each individual! Keep up the fab work! 100% effort = 100% results!!!

Lainey xxx

Absolutely - if you're doing a VLCD you can expect to lose around a stone a month, I lost 3 stone in 3 months.

Most people lose around 3-5 lbs per week and it's not always dependent on size or how much you have to lose. You'll find generally that you lose in a pattern and everyone is different but after a couple of months you could well see a pattern emerging, but everyone's weight loss is up and down, it never comes off in a nice steady way :)

Hi, thanx for your reply. I just got alittle worried because i thought i would have a slower weightloss because i haven't got a lot to lose like some people. I hope it takes about a month to lose because i really want to get rid of my weight and move forward with my life, it holds me back so much.

I'm just not looking forwar to TOTM time, lol.

Thanks again xx

Back