Does your hubby /partner know your weight??

My other half knows. He is a slim one though which makes it really hard.
I only plucked up the courage to tell him how much I weigh a month or so ago. He was fine about it and didn't judge me. If they love you they will accept you for who you are and not what weight you are. It is just a number after all. You may be able to hide the number but you can't hide what you look like-and that is what they really care about.

Honesty is the best policy.

I now find it easier to talk about weight issues now Paul knows. :)

my oh knows my weight as we are losing it together xx

I have put nearly 2 stone on since I first started seeing my boyfriend!!! :( It's crept on gradually and he has also put weight on but it was a sharp shock when I got on the scales 4 weeks ago! He doesn't know my exact weight but he weighs all the time in front of me and isn't bothered! Suppose it's all about how much self confidence you have and not wanting somebody to think badly of you or be shocked by what they might see! Hopefully once I have lost weight I'll be proud to get on the scaled willy nilly and will make sure he is looking!! :D

My fiance knows my weight because we go to SW together (I'm now the weigh in lady and he runs the shop!). We both went to different groups before we met, so maybe that helped. I tell him everything tho, so I don't think I'd ever not tell him something, even something I'm so horrified by myself. I used to be a big secret eater, and I still have the tendency, but one night when I'd had a binge, I very shamefully told him the LONG LONG list of things I'd eaten. He burst out laughing, cuddled me, and said he was glad I'd told him, and I haven't done it since, lol.
I know what you mean about being picked up though! He's a strapping six foot and about 2 stone heavier than me now but I still think in my head that he'll do his back in :( In my head I'm still nearly 20 stone, and it's so scary anyway!!!
One thing that makes me a bit sad is that OH is 1/2 pound off his target, and I'll be so proud when he (hopefully) gets there this week. I have nearly 2 stone to go, and feel soooo big for that reason, without really thinking about how far I've come. All OH says is at least it'll be cheaper coz only 1 of us has to pay, lol x

Its a dangerous trap to fall into. I did it with my ex. We got together-I was already carrying a little more weight than I should but nothing a few weeks dieting wouldnt have stopped and then bang 8 years (and 4 and a half stone later) I had a huge problem.
Love makes you comfortable. I am now in a new relationship and continually getting encouraged to make the best of myself. Its very liberating and motivating.

Yes, there are no secrets!! If he were a skinnymalink himself (which he is far from being!!) and weighed a lot less than me, I may have been ashamed to tell him my start weight, but I wouldn't have kept it from him as he loves me whatever size I am anyway, which is lovely to know, but also probably why it was so easy to stay the size I was!!X

My hubby is really supportive -i couldn't ask for more. I have been promised a charm for my tiffany bracelet for every stone that i lose. A physical reminder how far a have come(hopefully)Lets hope that my bracelet will really jangle soon

I have a charm bracelet too and it's lovely to see the collection building up!! I had a 'Love Stories' zebra print heart for my 1st stone, a 4 leaf clover for my Club10, a 'Hot Diamonds' mermaid for my 2nd stone and a 'Guess' turquiose handbag for my 3rd stone! (I've also got the silver heart on it that came with the bracelet and an 'H' that a friend bought me for my birthday, which are the cheating ones!!) I'm excited about my 4th stone charm which will be winging its way to me in 5lb time! Choosing is very exciting!!X

Love the charm bracelet idea. Trying to think of how to bring it up in conversation.
"will you buy me pressies for weight loss"
Advice needed you lucky ladies!

Still I can't grumble-he is paying for my holiday in Sept. ;)

My hubby knows my weight, shoe size, clothes size and bra size.. well I've told him but whether he was listening or not is a different matter haha :D

He has promised that when I get to a size 12 he will take me shopping for a pair of designer jeans :D

Love the charm bracelet idea. Trying to think of how to bring it up in conversation.

You should drop some not so subtle hints. Say something like 'isnt this lady lucky her bf is buying her (add what you want here).' Then say something like isnt she lucky to have a boyfriend like that ;)

Where you off to on your holidays?

It's daft my hubby knows my weight but i still can't step on the scales in front of him. It took me a long time to actually tell him my weight. He's not the most supportive of people about my size but is trying to be supportive with the diet, and i got a "cool" when i told him how much i lost in week 1. Better than nothing.

I've been trying to figure out the same :D I have two Trollbeads bracelets and I'm loving the idea of charms for losing weight! I've lost a stone so far so I think I owe myself one charm already :D

My (relatively new) partner said he wasn't interested in the numbers, and when I was feeling quite brave the other day and was going to tell him how much I weighed, he didn't want to know :confused:

I actually invested in the bracelet and first charm myself, THEN broached the subject with dh, explaining that it would mean a HUUGGGE amount to me if he bought me a charm for each stone lost, a way in which he could show his support!! Go for it Gemma, I'm sure you can 'charm' your way around it!! LOL! PS if budget is an issue, you can get really nice 'Links of London' 'Sweetie' style bracelets from Next and also Boots for less than £20. They don't have to cost a fortune!XXX

I just asked my hubby outright if he was going to treat me for every st lost and he was very happy.
Also , this weekend i am struggling with finding clothes to fit me, so i have bought a few items from ebay to last a month or so, when i change sizes again. Hubby has very kindly offered to take me on a shopping spree when i reach target - i really don't think he realises how much that is going to cost him !!

My hubby knows, but thats because we both do SW. He doesn't go to the class because we'd have no-one to watch our kids, and there's no point paying for 2 of us to go when I have access to all the information. He weighs at home and I WI at class. I do ALL the cooking so I can make SURE everything is on plan and counted for. We had both gotten lazy and he was about the same weight as me to start.

I told OH my weight and clothes size when I embarked on SW and I think he was quite surprised at how much I weighed. I guess I'm not the only one it crept up on lol. He is a skinnyminny himself but he has been fabulously supportive without pressurising me.

I don't have a charm bracelet or anything like that but we've got one of those terramundi money boxes that you can't get the money from without smashing it. OH started putting in the £5 per week I would have spent on going to group. Then we started adding any £2 coins we got in our change. Then I started to add the money I've saved by not giving into temptation for wine or sweets or takeaways. The idea originally was that I could buy new clothes but I'm thinking that a romantic holiday might be a good idea instead.

i have re-read my original reply and i am still the same weight i was when i wrote it!! how useless am i? hehe!

my fiancee still does not know my weight - but now i have put my stats on here, i guess he could come on at any time and find out! eek!

x

Back