Does your other half sabbotage your diet?

MissHarleyQuinn92

I was just reading another thread from a few years ago and I was wondering if many people had this problem. I do really well at sticking to my diet when I'm on my lonesome. I'll eat tonns of fruit and do lots of exercise but when I'm with my man he always tries to persuade me to eat naughty foods! I don't mind indulging in a bisquit or two with tea with him but I mean when we're out at the cinema or out in town. I get the feeling he doesn't understand just how important it is for me to shift these last few pounds.
I'm scared of letting myself go too much and ballooning up. Like any great guy of course he tells me he loves me as I am and it wouldn't matter to him if I ballooned up like a Gorilla or shrunk to 3 inches tall but I'm doing this for me and I won't feel pretty if I gain a lot of weight.
Does anyone else have an other half who tries to forcefeed you junk food?
(Sorry about the ranty tone. lol Needed to get that off my chest x3)

mine does but unintentionally, he just doesn't think sometimes. Like he'll go to buy milk and come home with freshly baked bread which makes me cry cos i can't have it and i want to eat the whole loaf. Or he'll buy crisps in the pub and open them out on the table in front of me.

He is very supportive and will ask how to make stuff SW friendly or if he is going to co op if there is anything low-syn i want for a treat etc, but its taken a while to get here, there's been a lot of tears and misery and he finally realises I am serious about my weight loss, he used to do cute things like bring me home chocolate from work etc, and tell me i am perfect and i don't need to diet. which is cute but annoying when you are trying to take it seriously. He gets it much more now but he still doesn't think sometimes xx

My boyfriend is very supportive to be honest, he has always been good with meals, never moaned at a sw meal and if he's cooking he'll do everything slimming world friendly. He was very happy as he was loosing weight as well.

The problem I used to have with him, was he would eat loads of snacky things in front of me. Before I joined slimming world when I was trying to diet he would do this and I would give in and eat with him, going to group really helped me to develop my will power as I knew if I gave in and had a gain I'd have to tell my group why!

He's getting slightly better at that as he's trying to loose a bit more and just eating the meals isn't doing this, so he's cutting down his snacking....to some extent.

Sometimes he does my head in a little, like we were talking about going pizza hut and I said we could go in a few weeks because I wanted to try and maintain for a while and he was like ''This is your life now!?'' ended up going pizza hut anyway and I fitted it into my plan, 48 syns in one day but I'm still within my weekly syns.

He's very good though and will buy me low syn or syn free treats if he see's something I've mentioned before

Mines very supportive I only knew him 4 weeks before I started a meal replacement diet in January and he stuck by me resisting the urge to take me out for meals.

I lost a lot of weight from size 18-20 to size 12 he's not bothered by my size loves me what ever. So he's well happy I'm eating now and can take me out for meals of course I choose healthy.

We cook together and eat the same sw friendly meals and I adapt things like he sat and had his Ben and jerrys I had my frozen muller light. :)

I am very lucky in that my OH , if her doesnt want to eat my SW meals will make his own dinner etc and he knows how it works so I can leave him doing my meals for me if I am busy. He laso makes me the most fantastic 'grill ups' for brekkie which I have to say, as much I enjoy eating them, there is no way I would have the patience to cook it all myself x

Mine is supportive as well when it comes to meals. He did say this is the 1st 'diet' I have been on that does not feel as if I am dieting and constantly asking him to weigh things or count the points in things. He does eat snacks in front of me but I cant get annoyed at him for that - he does not need to diet and it is my choice not too eat those things (as all others have said loves me as I am - bn together 10yrs so he has seen me all shapes!!!). And if i have a bit of whatever he is eating he makes sure I write down on my diary some kind of syn value to cover all the wee things I may pick at!!!!

Mine is also very supportive of trying to eat healthily as he wants to shift some weight himself.
However, as he has an active job and goes to the gym daily he does like to treat himself. And that then means he buys tons and sits there tempting me! :/
I am terrible and always give in. I can't resist the Ben & Jerry's!! Lol xx

Mine struggles with the idea sometimes, he is very supportive of me but is quite a picky eater and doesn't like a lot of the SW meals. He loves cooking and baking but all of it high fat, high calorie treats that are not SW friendly at all! Sometimes it doesn't seem to occur to him that butter, cheese, pastry etc are off-limits most of the time. Like last night he baked a beautiful quiche and salad, thinking it was nice and healthy - full fat pastry, cream and cheese in the mixture. Sigh. I had only a very small sliver and didn't eat the pastry, so it wasn't too bad. All the same, I wish he would get on board with SW meals, it would be a lot easier!

If I ask my chap to help keep me on track he's really helpful (and strict!!!) but sometimes if I'm feeling a bit down for whatever reason he asks if I want him to go and get me a treat to cheer me up "Ohh, you know how much you like those pizzas from Lidl's, shall I go get you one? Mmm!" :giggle:
I asked him the other day why he suggests things like that when he knows I'm trying to stay on plan and he just says he wants me to be happy - gotta love him. I kindly explained that losing weight makes me very happy so to stop tempting me because one day I know I wont be able to resist! haha.

I'm defo lucky though, I've read posts in the past about people with VERY unsupportive partners/family. Makes me sad :(

I'm very lucky with my hubby and he is very supportive. He has learnt to cook the SW way, asks me about the plan all the time and says not to get anything in that is naughty.

However for some strange reason I seem to buy lots of naughties in for him whilst I'm being good and actually encourage him to have what he wants. I don't know that I like to see that someone can eat what they want or I secretly like to be proud of myself for resisting. I really don't know why I do it, but I do?!?!

As I type, my OH is cooking a syn free mushroom stroganoff! He's by far the better cook and as he is out of work at the moment, he is more than happy to take care of the housework and cooking. He's extremely supportive and is a healthy eater anyway. The only problem I have is when he nicks my last Hifi bar!

My used to sabotage, but when we talked it was because he didn't understand the plan.

Since then I've written a simple version listing superfree, free and common used syns (omitting HE's and speed) and given him a max 5syns per meal target for dinner. He cooks alternate nights and we do our own breakfast and lunch.

Now there's steak, sw chips and grilled tomato, mushrooms, peppers, corgette and peas cooking as we speak which I'm looking forward to!

As I type, my OH is cooking a syn free mushroom stroganoff! He's by far the better cook and as he is out of work at the moment, he is more than happy to take care of the housework and cooking. He's extremely supportive and is a healthy eater anyway. The only problem I have is when he nicks my last Hifi bar!

Everyone is banned from my hifi bars, I've told my boyfriend he can go in my treat box if he wants anything, but he usually has his own treats in so isn't bothered about that. But neither him or my son can touch my hifi's....

My ex used to be quite unsupportive. He used to sit right next to me eating chocolate bars and going 'mmmmm, such a shame you can't have any'. Needless to say, I kicked him into touch lol.

My bf is really supportive. He came and joined group with me and lost a stone even tho he didnt really need to. He's been great!

My other half is doing slimming world with me. So thankfully we eat most of the same things. I make our packed lunches and dinners and he does the housework in turn!! Except for when I run on tuesdays and thursday nights, he cooks (I just have to leave him instructions lol).

We both have a goal in sight - our wedding in September so snackings not really a problem. I do the shopping online and there is never sweets or crisps in the house. Only Velvet Crunch or Alpen lights. He used to come home from the shop with a choccy bar for me, but thats stopped now that he's on the plan as well. It makes it easier that he is doing it alongside me. I can't imagine how hard it would be to stay on plan if my fella was munching in front of me all the time.

Back