DOING SW FROM HOME???

rharbord said:
Thank you everyone. I will have to make a large batch of veg, freeze it and just add it to my share of each meal. Or I'll have to have a go at making some soup, hopefully some ideas on so other thread.

Do you know of any frozen veg packs that are Superfree? I've got a couple of packs but they have peas and sweetcorn in them

Once again, thank you everyone for being super helpful x

Look out for aunt bessies frozen veg, I got a huge bag of diced stuff that looks superfree to me :0)

Im extremely lazy when it comes to cutting up veg hence I buy frozen onions, mushrooms and peppers!! It's still super free but just makes my life easier and saves me a lot of time too xx

Laurie said:
Im extremely lazy when it comes to cutting up veg hence I buy frozen onions, mushrooms and peppers!! It's still super free but just makes my life easier and saves me a lot of time too xx

Probably cheaper too? Fresh veg is so expensive!

hi everyone

tried SW years ago but just couldn't do red/green days.
my friend lent me her book and i am giving the EE a try before i join after Christmas.
into week 2 all good lost 5lb first week
found this site and looooooooooving it
weigh-in day is Saturday
look forward to chatting

Ann Marie:553:

Evening ladies!!! Well I'm glad your all enjoying the thread!!

I've only got 6lb to lose and would love to do it before Xmas!!! Been awful today! My meals were all to plan, but I know I've over synned!!! Will put in a bigger effort and pull it back for next weigh in on weds!! I'm determined to lose 2lb this week!

Good luck for the rest of the week to everyone :) x

Hello, well my 1st weigh in (doing it on my own) showed a 1ib loss so happy with that. Have beginning to notice my knickers are getting too big so may have to buy some in the near future! I only bought 2 pairs of jeans back in October but even them are getting lose on me now. Although with christmas coming and my work meal is 3 courses + wine I am expecting some sort of gain!

I have booked a weekend away in March so hoping to have lost at least another half stone by then!

Well done to everyone

Anna xx

Hi all, how's your weekend been?

I was very good upto my Xmas doo & today. Found it far to easy to fall off the wagon. I'm gonna find it hard to get back on in tomorrow.

I hate wobbling after only 2 weeks on it. Not very good and no excuses. Just one of those binges that shouldn't of happened.

Wish me luck for being good tomorrow, going to write it all down and aiming for a 100% week even tho I know the first day will be hard.

Hi, I'm Lucy and would like to join in :)

I'm starting SW at home tomorrow as I live in France, I have the books and will be starting off on EE. This will be my 2nd/3rd attempt at starting and fingers crossed it will be my last! My weight has slowly been creeping up over the years. It makes me cringe to think back to when I used to moan about being fat in my teens. Oh if only I knew! My main problem is that I only make half-hearted attempts. I've never truly thrown myself at this new lifestyle approach. But yesterday I had two sort of wake up calls, I looked back at some photos from earlier in the year, and generally they're just bad angles and such, but oh my word I look huge! I need to get them printed and stuck on my mirror to remind myself everyday of what I look like. I also went on a night out with a group of girls I met for the first time and they were all slim and tall. I enjoyed myself and they were nice girls but I just couldn't help but feel like the short, dumpy frump compared to them! I'm fed up of my lumpy-ness, I just feel so uncomfortable in my body. I spent all summer trying to dress around one specific item of clothing: my cycling shorts to prevent my thighs rubbing together. Ah it made me so miserable!

So here I am, rant and whine over, ready to start tomorrow with all guns blazing! I wish you all the best with your journey's and hopefully we can support each other (because I know I'll need it!) :)

LucyG said:
Hi, I'm Lucy and would like to join in :)

I'm starting SW at home tomorrow as I live in France, I have the books and will be starting off on EE. This will be my 2nd/3rd attempt at starting and fingers crossed it will be my last! My weight has slowly been creeping up over the years. It makes me cringe to think back to when I used to moan about being fat in my teens. Oh if only I knew! My main problem is that I only make half-hearted attempts. I've never truly thrown myself at this new lifestyle approach. But yesterday I had two sort of wake up calls, I looked back at some photos from earlier in the year, and generally they're just bad angles and such, but oh my word I look huge! I need to get them printed and stuck on my mirror to remind myself everyday of what I look like. I also went on a night out with a group of girls I met for the first time and they were all slim and tall. I enjoyed myself and they were nice girls but I just couldn't help but feel like the short, dumpy frump compared to them! I'm fed up of my lumpy-ness, I just feel so uncomfortable in my body. I spent all summer trying to dress around one specific item of clothing: my cycling shorts to prevent my thighs rubbing together. Ah it made me so miserable!

So here I am, rant and whine over, ready to start tomorrow with all guns blazing! I wish you all the best with your journey's and hopefully we can support each other (because I know I'll need it!) :)

I feel your pain. I wear cycling shorts under everything in the summer. I dread the summer when others look forward to it. Not this time!! Welcome.

hi ladies may i join you i have just signed up for 3 months on line but this can be our own group my first weigh day day will be thursday !!! ill keep you posted .... any advice or tips most appreciatedx

Hi can anyone help please, how many sins are in old elpaso small wraps? Can I count these as a heb? Also discovery fajita Mexican seasoning mix please?

Thank you x

No theyre not a HEXB, only wholemeal bread and a small range of branded products with enough fibre in are HEXB.

The syns for both are 1 syn per 20 calories as no free food.

Youre better off posting this kind of thing in the Syn Values room, Im sure a mod will move it shortly.

rharbord said:
Hi can anyone help please, how many sins are in old elpaso small wraps? Can I count these as a heb? Also discovery fajita Mexican seasoning mix please?

Thank you x

Think the seasoning mix is 3.5, same as the old el paso.

Good things happen with fajita mix, turkey mince, an onion, peppers, mushrooms, courgette, chilli beans and rice.

Back