DOING SW FROM HOME???

Well Done Laura that's a brill loss!
I've been really good today...fingers crossed I can get a loss on Thurs!
Just wondering if an Alpen Bar (Choc & Orange) is synned or is it HEX?

Cheers my lovelies! X

How funny, I've got some and was thinking the same! In my book it says 2 alpen light cereal bars any variety, so I reckon so yes!

Can't remember who had the chicken query, but it's 113g raw, 71g cooked so I reckon that's a small breast

:)

Thanks hun so what if I only have 1? Can I have 1 slice of a small wholemeal loaf?
X

Yes! You could actually have both cos you have 2 hexb so 2 bars and 2 slices of wholemeal bread. I think i'm right!

I've already had my weetabix this morning haha!
Thanks for your help x

STS for me this week; what a bummer:(

Steps for me this week: 19044

I was hoping for a loss. hopefully next week.

It was me with the chicken request Jenny, so thank you :) Don't be disheartened by a STS Carol, that's so much better than a gain, which you might have had had you not put in the work you did :) Keep going, and you'll get there! :D

I love alpen lights so much, I usually have at least one a day! Which is why I like green days so much now as I can have Alpen lights and still have toast or something else :D

I usually split my hex's dairy wise, I'll have half milk half cheese, but yep if your doing a red or green day you could have both, but EE just 1 or half them if that makes sense?

My knee is still absolutely killing, def some kind of muscle sprain or something :( gutted. I've walked 3 miles today but think should probs not shred boohoo. Are the leg supports expensive? I'm skint x

Laura94B said:
Oh dear... Charl, you might benefit from a knee strap thing? It's like a tight bandage thing that you can buy in chemists, and you wear it whilst walking or exercising to protect those muscles... Fingers crossed it goes away with a bit of stretching though :) I like your new picture!

Lost 3lbs this week, so I am now 1lb less than I was before the gain :D Think green days are definitely working for me, so week days will be green for now :) Does anyone know how much chicken you get in a HexB allowance on green, like a whole chicken breast or less??

Hope everyone is recovering after the weekend, and the shock of back to work :p x

Thank u!! I usually look crap in photos so was pretty impressed with this. :) and well done on your loss. Yay! Xx

Thanks :D And yeah, I am like that with photos - hate them! I usually just find one I love and stick to it for ages, but you do look really lovely :) x

Charl you can get knee soports from poundland that is where I got mine from, they seemed to come up quite small so I went for the large size but then again I have fat knees lol.. I'm not sure how you would get on with wearing them all day but they help when exercising I wear them for the shred and zumba...

Ah thanks. Ill pop into town tomorrow and get one. X

So I'm lactose intolerant but I can tolerate the amounts in cheese and yoghurts but I'm wondering about cutting out as much dairy as possible in my diet to see if that makes me feel better in myself, anyone else do a non dairy diet here? If so how do you find it?

Hi.

I am new to this site and starting Slimming World from home on Wednesday. I would start tomorrow but I'm out for a meal tomorrow night. Good luck to all who are going solo, and wish me luck too

Angela

incasmum said:
Hi.

I am new to this site and starting Slimming World from home on Wednesday. I would start tomorrow but I'm out for a meal tomorrow night. Good luck to all who are going solo, and wish me luck too

Angela

Welcome Angela I'm sure you will find lots of interesting things on here plus fab recipes and everyone is so friendly . Good luck

So I'm lactose intolerant but I can tolerate the amounts in cheese and yoghurts but I'm wondering about cutting out as much dairy as possible in my diet to see if that makes me feel better in myself, anyone else do a non dairy diet here? If so how do you find it?

I don't do dairy free (yet) but i do know that hard cheese such as cheddar and yoghurt have less lactose and can often be tolerated by people that have an intolerance (if that makes sense!). Otherwise I would recommend kara coconut milk or an almond milk (soya, rice and oat are not as nice) and soya margarines etc. I'm no longer a member of SW, my book is from last summer and doesn't list soya based 'dairy' items so sorry I can't help further.

ETA starting back with SW at home again as of tomorrow morning. Going it alone is difficult but the lack of classes near me at a time i can get to, limits my options.

Just finished my second 30 day shred workout. I am really struggling with the press-ups. I am hoping it will get easier. The children ate out tonight and I usually share their chips. It was very hard to resist it but I told them not to let me have any as I am trying to lose weight. My 6 year old told me I am not fat I am wide lol

Has anyone got any nice recipes for chicken and rice? I love rice and pasta and fine it very filling but am getting bored with beef chilli, chicken curry and spaghetti bolognaise.

I posted a nice recipe for honey chicken, its really good with cous cous and salad, if you go onto the threads I've started it should be there, its tasty. I make paellas too, as you can make them really SW friendly, with some chicken thighs and lots of veg, and if you like prawns add them too, orrrr just roast a chicken with vege cous cous and salad which is nice too. Thai curry isn't too high in syns either if you use reduced fat coconut milk and some chicken stock, you can make your own paste which is free, or shop ones also aren't too high syn wise. Cajun chicken skewers with wedges and salad tooooo, loads of stuff. Oooooh I made the SW chicken kievs not long ago too, they were lush. xx

Yep. Even though it is free I still watch my portion control though and tend to weight rice and pasta, as I know for me anyway I need to be a bit restrictive otherwise I don't lose x

Back