DOING SW FROM HOME???

A loss is a loss red so well done. When I plateaued a bit (without good reason) the group leader said to make sure I was having a third a plate of SF and back off the fruit ie free foods. What I had started doing was bringing in more fruit at quite large portion sizes and wasn't having SF foods which was hampering my weight loss.

Thamks Emma

I am just a slow loser unfortunately. I do have the rare decent loss, but on the whole it takes me ages to lose weight.

I have started my 2nd placement and so far so good. I think the key is to take my lunch and refuse all staffroom cakes and biscuits

Thamks Emma

I am just a slow loser unfortunately. I do have the rare decent loss, but on the whole it takes me ages to lose weight.

I have started my 2nd placement and so far so good. I think the key is to take my lunch and refuse all staffroom cakes and biscuits
Just saying no to the office snacks is so hard. I used to take carrot sticks and fruit in with me to munch on rather than taking the cake

Just saying no to the office snacks is so hard. I used to take carrot sticks and fruit in with me to munch on rather than taking the cake

Thankfully there doesn't seem to be too many cakes and biscuits around. As of Monday I doubt I will have much time to be in the staffroom as I will be teaching most of each day.

I hope everyone is sticking to it and losing :)

I was absolutely dreading starting placement 2, in terms of being able to stick to SW, but it has been absolutely fine. The 2 days I do get home later (5.30/6pm) I am planning on Pizza one of those days and chippy the other - for the kids & husband. I will have some fruit/yoghurt/mugshot as a snack while I am sorting theirs. I will then sort my own dinner out afterwards. It seemed to work well this week anyway so fingers crossed I can continue like this.

Anyway, very happy to report a 2lb loss :D

Well done missykeljo and five-by-five, fantastic losses this week :)

I have struggled this week; tiredness and exhaustion are kicking in and I lost my appetite completely for 2 days. I ate junk for 1 day and I am not drinking enough water!

I am hoping it all balances out and I can at least maintain :) I weigh in the morning so fingers crossed.

I am trying to find out if you can eat yoghurt on an SP day and just syn them, if anyone knows that would be great as I am going to try and do a few SP days next week. I really want a boost to get into the next stones bracket down.

Well done missykeljo and five-by-five, fantastic losses this week :)

I have struggled this week; tiredness and exhaustion are kicking in and I lost my appetite completely for 2 days. I ate junk for 1 day and I am not drinking enough water!

I am hoping it all balances out and I can at least maintain :) I weigh in the morning so fingers crossed.

I am trying to find out if you can eat yoghurt on an SP day and just syn them, if anyone knows that would be great as I am going to try and do a few SP days next week. I really want a boost to get into the next stones bracket down.

Hiya lovely,

If you're doing SP 'properly' the advice is to avoid free foods that aren't marked 'S' or 'P' in your slimming world book. Therefore they advise you don't have yoghurts while doing SP to maximise your weight loss. However SP is only meant for 2 weeks max if you're following it 100%.

Also if you do SP for a week or more don't forget your extra healthy B choice to get the appropriate fibre you miss by avoiding pasta/rice/potatoes.

If you're really missing yoghurt you can still have quark which if you whisk it up for a little while becomes like a really thick greek yoghurt which you could have with some speed fruit and sweetener. Plus, as it has a higher protein content you'll feel fuller for longer :)

x

Hiya lovely,

If you're doing SP 'properly' the advice is to avoid free foods that aren't marked 'S' or 'P' in your slimming world book. Therefore they advise you don't have yoghurts while doing SP to maximise your weight loss. However SP is only meant for 2 weeks max if you're following it 100%.

Also if you do SP for a week or more don't forget your extra healthy B choice to get the appropriate fibre you miss by avoiding pasta/rice/potatoes.

If you're really missing yoghurt you can still have quark which if you whisk it up for a little while becomes like a really thick greek yoghurt which you could have with some speed fruit and sweetener. Plus, as it has a higher protein content you'll feel fuller for longer :)

x

Thank you.

I will make sure I read up a little bit more before doing it, so I am doing it correctly.

Hi All,

Can I please join you?

I have been to classes numerous times but just can't fit them in anymore with working full time and going to uni as well. I'm now bigger than I have ever been :( but feeling motivated to do something about it. I weighed in on Saturday at that will be my weigh day but I used the weekend to get myself organised so am officially starting today.

Ann x

Hi I have just started doing SW ( again) from home. I struggle to get to classes with working full time/ husbands shifts/ I can't drive due to illness. I am determined as the warmer months are looming and I want to look good when I peel the Winter layers off :-(

I had a lot of recommendations from friends who had done slimming world and lost weight so I thought I would give it a go, I was all hyped up and ready to go to my first group meeting and then I freaked out and didn't want to go, I have had really bad anxiety since putting a lot of weight on when I was pregnant so I couldn't push myself to attend. But I thought I'm not going to stop just because I cant go to the meetings so I'm now doing it from home, I have all the books incase I need to recap on anything and I am constantly online finding new recipes I can use, I have only weighed myself once and that was a week after I started and I had lost 8 pounds so that definatley gave me the self motivation I needed :)
I'm now sorting out a music playlist and I'm going to start power walking(eventually running when I have lost some more) around my area after work, hopefully that will speed up the loosing weight process :)
good luck with it! And just take day by day as it comes that's how I have been getting myself through it x

Morning! I'm starting again!! After doing SW numerous times in the past I've got to the point where I know I need to give myself a kick up the bum and really focus on losing this weight for good!
I can't afford to go to group so will be doing this from home.
I haven't had a chance to properly look through this thread but am looking forward to hearing any tips or advise you all have
C

Ah I feel your pain! I was all geared up in the right mindset for going to the group's even though I'm not a very sociable person due to being insecure because of the weight issue but still I thought I'd push myself to go. I attended the first meeting, sat back and observed the ladies heading toward the dreaded scales. All was going well until one lady had gained 2lbs, no drama there I thought until the weigher announced 'what do we shout ladies?' and the whole group erupted into a chorus of 'WOBBLE WOBBLE!!!' I sat opened mouthed!!! I decided there and then that public humiliation was not for me and nothing would make me more want to reach for the biscuit tin for comfort, so yes i am also going to embark on this solo. Well I thought I would be but then I came across this site and now I feel less alone ☺

Hi All!

First timer here! I took the plunge and joined online last week so today will be my first weigh-in. Not a big fan of the idea of sitting in a room talking about my weight with strangers staring at me! I managed to lose about 3st around 3 years ago myself by mainly going to the gym and cutting out the junk food but at the time I had a lot more motivation with an quickly approaching trip to Oz! Over the last year I've put about half of that back on and found I couldn't resist reaching for 1 more biscuit. A conversation last week with the bestie really made me realize I need to do some quick before I get back to the place I said I'd never be again. I'm hoping to get back to 10st by loosing 1.5st and really change my eating habit(self confessed giant fussy eater!). After that I'll probably try for 9.10/9.8/toning which is what I got to at my lowest in 2013. I've 2 weddings in 2017 to attend one of which I'm a bridesmaid so I'm hoping the dress shopping will be some of my motivation!

Looking forward to having a proper read of this forum and finding lots of tips and new recipes to try :)

Hello,

Please can I join you, too? I'm new to SW as well - started last week - and looking to lose about 25 lbs. Attending classes not really an option for me at the moment due to a number of factors, but I could really do with some support and company on this journey!

Going to be weighing in on Thuradays. Last weigh in showed a maintain so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for next week!

Ps RachLC that group experience sounds awful!!! Makes me glad I've chosen to go the forum route instead.

Hi all. Can I join too? I've joined online and was amazed that this doesn't give you access to an official forum! So I am so so glad that I found this site.

Hello,

Please can I join you, too? I'm new to SW as well - started last week - and looking to lose about 25 lbs. Attending classes not really an option for me at the moment due to a number of factors, but I could really do with some support and company on this journey!

Going to be weighing in on Thuradays. Last weigh in showed a maintain so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for next week!

Ps RachLC that group experience sounds awful!!! Makes me glad I've chosen to go the forum route instead.

How did your weigh in go? I've got mine tomorrow morning but then have a really big weekend planned, so it's more about damage limitation than anything else!

Hello everyone! I'm doing the Slimming World program from home as well. I started going to SW in late 2011 with my sister-in-law. We had a great consultant and I thoroughly enjoyed meetings. Not only did I get inspiration and encouragement from many in our group, I felt as if I was contributing the same in return to others. Honestly, I felt really good about myself when I was going to the meetings. However, our consultant decided to change locations because it would mean he had a free of cost venue to use after he finished with his first job. That was fine for a while, but I relied on my sister-in-law to get me back and forth, which quickly became a problem. She decided that she wasn't going to attend meetings anymore...which left me without any way to get to the meetings. I could have ridden a bus up, but I wouldn't have had a way home. So, I didn't go for a long time. It was really sad because I gained back all of the weight I'd lost and then some. Then I was told by a neighbor that his good friend, who attended SW, would be happy to give me a lift every Thursday. I though, 'YES! I'm on my way to getting this weight shifted!' Only, she too decided...after a few months, that she didn't want to go anymore. So...again...I was left unable to get to meets. It was a bummer because I wasn't able to keep myself on plan...meaning I gained back a frick ton of weight I didn't want.

I finally decided last week that I was going to kick my butt back into gear. I realized that I did so well in meetings because I had people encouraging me and because I had to face the scales every week...I had to be accountable! So, I'm hoping to keep myself accountable by weighing in each week on Mondays, blogging my progress if I can keep myself inspired, and keeping a load of SW recipes handy for losing weight. :D As long as I have to face someone and be accountable for my weight, I think I'll be able to do okay. -fingers crosses-

Long story short...I'll be joining you guys in the battle of the bulge!

Hi Insomniac03, how did your weigh in go? I hope you had big success!!
I will be weighing in next Thursday - last week I actually weighed in on a Monday and immediately after that I decided that weighing right after the weekends when I'll probably be using up some flexible syns - might not be the best idea... :rolleyes: So switched to Thursday weigh ins from next week. I will be hoping to have a loss by next week but would even settle for a maintain again.... Yesterday was our anniversary and next week is my partner's birthday so there are a few "off days" planned. Plus I'm due a monthly visit and already feeling a bit heavier due to that. Going to try to be extra good the rest of the week, though, and fingers crossed.

Leslie, hello to you, too! Hopefully we can all work together to stay motivated from home and get the results we want. I have faith in all of us! :)

Back