DOING SW FROM HOME???

I was surprised at the weigh in i managed to lose 2 llbs although i had expected more but giving the bad weekend im pleasantly surprised. But im back in track so next week i should lose more. Its true not to let one bad day put you down

yes of course! that's why not supposed to get on scales for a week because it fluctuates but it's not that easy when you want something so bad! I think my body has got to that plateau point in my diet, it can happy every now and then and you need a good blowout and then back to it, i'm just carrying on and see what happens, but don't think it'll be much if anything at all this week, as much as I want it! fingers crossed. I've also started exercising which can slow losses down but tone up therefore lose inches rather than lbs.

I had a really bad couple of days. We are extending the house and in the last day the kitchen got ripped out and the wall at the back of the house got knocked down. I couldn't get into the kettle/microwave etc so we had a takeaway pizza. I'm finding it quite stressful as there is dust and rubble everywhere. I am stocking up on SW microwave meals to try my best to minimise the damage. Last night the kids stayed at my parents and I had a SW meal and a bottle of wine. Bad I know but I did lose 2 lbs this week and the wine was my cheat. To be honest it's behind me now and I won't be doing it again.

oh wow, you are going to have a brand new spanking bigger kitchen to cook healthy foods to your hearts content, and a day or a couple of weeks if it takes that long is nothing compared to your sw future! So, really hope you enjoyed your lovely microwave meal and bottle of wine, it'll be worth it in the end.

Hi Leigh it's going to be at least a couple of weeks I'm afraid. The builders need to put girders in and concrete the floor,plastering, wiring etc. I do have a microwave , fridge freezer. The old cooker and hob have been wired in temporary . I am going to make sure I have lots of easy to do meals as preparation surfaces are almost zero. I still can do this with some good shopping choices and frozen veg etc.

Yeah I'm sure it will, I had my tiny galley kitchen replace when around 2004 I think it was, it's tired now, but that was before children! Not sure how I'd cope having any major works with the children around lol, well done you! It'll be well worth it though. Keep planning ahead.

Evening all. Just wondered what you all thought about the porky light sausage agreement? Are any of you still using then and if so how many syns are you counting them as?

I could never find them, however, I probably would count as full syns is it now 4.5? Just don't have too many if you don't want your loss affected.

I only use them for making scotch eggs. I love scotch eggs and usually make a batch on a Sunday for my lunches the following week. I've still been having my scotch eggs and managed to lose another 4 pounds this week. Got my 1/2 stone award too

Slimming world scotch eggs
Ingredients
1 packet of 8 low fat sausages (2 sausages per eggs)
4 boiled eggs (4 minutes only)
1 egg
Smash
Paprika
Pepper
Cumin
You can use any herbs or spices. I like mixed herbs and garlic powder

Method
Peel boiled eggs and set aside.
Mix approx 4 tbsp of smash with your herbs and spices. Beat raw egg in a bowl. De skin sausages and put in 2's. Flatten in the palm of your hand until flat enough to fit round an egg. Wrap careful round an egg. Once completely wrapped, roll in egg and then in the smash mixture. Do this twice for extra crispyness then place on a baking tray. Repeat with the remaining eggs. Once all on the tray, spray with fry light and cook in a hot oven for approx 20 minutes.

DSC_5575.JPG

I make six at a time and eat one a day so six days. They are yummy and you can change what you put in them. Sometimes I make them spicy. Glad you like them x

I joined Minis back in 2013 and really enjoyed it...chatted on here every day whilst doing SW at group. I lost 5 stones in 7 months and got to target, after trying to lose weight for about 30 years, it really suited me. then my next target was to pack up smoking, which I did..50 year habit but now 2.5 years smoke free...but also 2.5 stones back on. went back to SW...took me over 12 months to lose a stone...and never did get my club 10...so for some reason it doesn't work for me any more. I'm now trying from home...going to try a new tack...my daughter has loaned me her juicer, so trying the 5 =2 SW + juice on the fast days to see if it will give me a kick up the rear!
I haven 't seen my Polly avatar or such a long time, i didn't know Minis was up and running again...so pleased! good luck everyone!

HI guys,

May I join? I'm thinking of joining SW online, used to go to classes but hated them, plus moneywise, I'm trying to save. Would love to do this and this site seems to be a mine of information so could easily get the support from here. Former WW too but I just used all my points for the wrong foods.

Thanks

I think once youve got the books and your head around it it is easy. Even if you go off the rails now and then. I do cross reference with mfp because occasionally it has said eat a bit more which i think is why it is gd to use the syns

Back