Doing WW

lunar jim

Gold Member
Strange, it seems I'm unofficially doing WW! My OH started a couple of weeks ago (2nd WI tomorrow) and lost 9lbs in the first week. I weighed myself last wednesday and found I'd put on a couple of lbs so I asked her to work out my points allowance, mainly to support her, but also to try and stabalise my own weight.

And lo, I weighed myself this morning and lost 5lbs :D

Hello well done on the loss before sort a weightwatchers,how did you do that?
Why are you doing it sort of?Is it so you dont feel that your on a plan?
Well done on the losses to date you men always lose fast grrrr ;)

Thanks Size 10! I did cambridge diet before WW, but I had to stop last September as I needed an emergency operation so I had no chance to come up the plans etc.

I lost a bit more while recovering from the operation and then took up running in October which helped me maintain up until Christmas when I put on a whopping 13lbs!

I lost 5lbs after Christmas easily and then ticking along since as you can see, simply through running and going to the gym. But I had the snip a couple of weeks ago; no running again and straight away I put 2lbs on. Not a mega amount but because I didn't alter my eating to reflect my lack of exercise it just went straight on.

There are three reasons why I wanted to do this: to support my OH mainy, to help me monitor my own consumption (I didn't get this before when I couldn't finish CD properly...), and because I want to run faster and longer, the extra weight I'm still carrying is hampering me...

good man welcome on board, have done cambridge myself and have regained 4st of my 7st loss so trying to loose the rest on ww everyone really supportive here so good luck :D

Well hello!!
I joined WW a fortnight ago - but i still had sneaky peaks on the CD forum.
I'm finding it difficult sticking to anything at the moment (hence my half a pound gain last night - doh). Never mind, start afresh again today and see how it goes. Your OH had an amazing loss - well done Mrs LJ!
BTW, how is everything, you know, down there?! Still a little sore?
Lynne
x

Well hello!!
I joined WW a fortnight ago - but i still had sneaky peaks on the CD forum.
I'm finding it difficult sticking to anything at the moment (hence my half a pound gain last night - doh). Never mind, start afresh again today and see how it goes. Your OH had an amazing loss - well done Mrs LJ!
BTW, how is everything, you know, down there?! Still a little sore?
Lynne
x

Hi Lynne! :D

Well, I suppose with WW you don't have to worry about getting into Ketosis and all that stuff, so straight back into it like you say!

And down there? Not as bad as it was, I jogged home from dropping the kids off at school yesterday and didn't end up in agony lol so I think they're getting back to normal (though hopefully non-functioning lol)

I'm pleased things are on the mend!

I need to get my head around WW again - i did it quite sucessfully a few years back. Considering how very strict CD is and I stuck to that for months, there really isn't any reason why i can't do WW! (Well apart from the food equation - damn food!!).

And I stupidly signed up for Race for Life the other day (well, I was rather emotional and a little bit drunk at a wake - my sister-in-law's twin sister died of cancer - aged 38 - she had a little 4 yr old girl - isn't life completely ****?). By the by, we've signed up for it and now I've got to get some training in... i can walk it no problem - but i'm no jogger... and I feel I must at least attempt to some jogging!! I'll keep you informed how the training is going (my god, I laughed as I typed that!! lol).

Lx

Thanks. We are all still in shock to be honest. It's just so sad and just so unfair.

Many thanks for the link - i've had a little look - I need all the help i can get.

Take care,
Lx

Well done LJ

just wanted to say wow :eek: you look like a different person now. Great role model for the children.

Back