DoingItForMe weight loss diary

Good for you for avoiding weighing yourself too often - I'm going to try to start weaning myself off ;) I'm an online user only so the temptation is huge lol. How are you finding the plan? Well done on your loss so far.

I'm really loving it- for once I'm optimistic about reaching my goals. Usually I just try to 'diet' by myself and because I had no support system or structure I'd just give up after a week. Love how I can still have a sneaky bit of choc and not feel guilty haha.

Good luck with your WI on Friday, I'm sure you'll have done good :D

Steph

how many pp is 50g of tuna?

t x

Tuna in brine, 50g = 1PP
Tune in oil (Drained), 50g = 3PP
Tuna in spring water = 1PP

:)

Here we are, Thursday already, the day before weight in.

Breakfast:
20g crunchy nut cornflakes 2PP
142ml skimmed milk 1PP

Lunch:
50g smoked salmon 2PP
1 packet cheese & onion Velvet Crunch 2PP
Large salad 0PP
Balsamic vinegar 0PP
WW black cherry yogurt 1PP

Dinner:
117g Fillet steak, grilled (raw weight) 4PP
Tbspn sour cream, 1 PP
Salad 0PP
Balsamic vinegar 0PP
Sugar free lemon & lime jelly 0PP
& something else to be decided upon.... turned out to be WW strawberry yogurt 1PP

Lots of water

A SP shows no weight loss whatsoever - I don't get it. This is my first plateau and after 0.5lb loss last week, a STS or similar tomorrow will be hard to tolerate. I've worked really hard this week - but perhaps I need to re-think next week. Time will tell.

Last edited:

Really struggling with points, found out I've been working my points for bread out wrong didn't realise it's 5pp for 2 slices I thought it was 4pp I've been doing this all week so that's 6pp I've lost from my weeklies just coz of that, hummpf :(

T x

Aw Tani, it's a nightmare when that happens isn't it. I remember the first time I realised that 2 Pink N White biscuits were 3PPs and not 2PPs - I felt cheated! At least we have those weeklies to fall back on eh ;)

I'm gutted, only 0.25lb loss. I honestly don't understand it. For two and a bit weeks now I've been really struggling to lose anything. This past week I really 'went for it' and still the fat is sticking like glue. Argh! Oh well, keep on at it girl and you WILL get there. Right now I'd love an indian take-away but know that whilst I'd enjoy eating it, straight afterwards I'd be feeling guilty as heck and as though I'd let myself down - for now I will stay strong, have just made another sugar-free jelly :p

Breakfast:
20g Crunchy nut cornflakes 2PP
142ml skimmed milk 1PP

Lunch:
50g tuna, in spring water, 1PP
Large salad 0PP
Balsamic vinegar 0PP
1 x Ryvita crackerbread 0PP
WW peach yogurt 1PP

Dinner:
150g Salmon fillet, raw weight, grilled 8PP
10g Jack Daniels glaze 1PP
Salad 0PP
Balsamic vinegar 0PP

Anytime:
1 x Pink n White 1PP
Choc snack 5PP allowed

20/29PP

Last edited:
I always think a little loss is better than a gain which is probably what would be happening for me every week if I wasn't doing wws so don't be too hard on yourself at all!

I know what you mean about indian take away- yum!! You could always treat yourself to a chinese for a take away..much kinder in points x

Thanks CC, I know what you mean. I'd been gaining weight for a long time, it didn't happen overnight so why should it come off overnight ;) Psychologically it feels as if the two stone lost mark has been so close for so long yet I just can't quite get there!

My monthly cycle seems to have gone awry this month too so guess the apparently slow weight loss could just be down to fluid retention etc.

I think I may just keep that idea of a chinese takeaway... sounds good!!

Today's food:
20g Crunchy nut cornflakes 2PP
142ml skimmed milk 1PP

Lunch:
50g tuna, in springwater, drained 1PP
Salad 0PP
Balsamic vinegar 0PP
Weight Watchers raspberry yogurt 1PP
Weight Watchers strawberry yogurt 1PP

Dinner:
Amoy straight to wok noodles 6PP
62g Amoy straight to wok sweet & sour sauce 2PP
100g Chicken breast, raw weight 2PP
Pile of stir fry veg 0PP
Fry light olive oil spray 0PP
Blackcurrant sugar free jelly 0PP

Anytime:
1 x Pink n White 1PP
Part of Tesco choc chip cookie 4PP (guesstimate)

21/29

Keep strong doingit for me. Our bodies are strange things and as you said water retension could be a problem but you will eventually see your efforts . Think of a great loss next week .

Thanks MW, I do hate these 'blips'. Feel much better again today and determined to stay on plan. Have you had a good week?

Sunday's food diary:
20g crunchy nut cornflakes 2PP (I'll be glad when the packet is finished lol).
142ml skimmed milk 1PP

Lunch:
25g lean ham 1PP
Salad 0PP
WW raspberry yogurt 1PP

Dinner:
120g fillet steak, raw weight, grilled 4PPs
Tbspn sour cream 1PP
Salad 0PP
Alpen light fudge and chocolate cereal bar 2PP

Snacks:
MIL's millionaire's shortbread, tiny piece, 3PP guesstimate!

16/29

Hi . have had a fairly good week i think . Used about 17 weeklies so far whereas I used practically none last week. I will be very happy with a 1lb down (weigh in tuesday)because I can really say I didnt feel deprived in any way this week .I was never hungry . I snacked a bit this evening but hey its the weekend !!!!

Your food looks really nice and really organised . Do you ever use up the full 29 though ?. Be careful not to fall in to the trap of eating too little because then your weightloss could stop too because your need that 29 points to fuel your body. If your body doesnt get enough fuel you wont burn the fat. You have to eat to loose weight.. Its finding the right balance though isnt it between too little and too much . Thats why I find the tracking great.

Well done Doing it for ME!!! Brilliant name & sentiment. I am very impressed with your detailed food diary. I have picked up a number of pointers from it. I have to try the Balsamic Vinegar to liven up my lunches. I am a big fan of Tuna also, but I read again recently that we should limit out intake of Tuna due to the high levels of Mercury found in samples. However, I see you have come up with several alternatives which are keeping your meals interesting.

Whoops, I haven't updated since Sunday, slapped wrists and all. I'll skip to today's food, yesterday was absolutely fine but I'm up against the clock tonight, lol.

Breakfast:
20g Special K 2PP
142ml skimmed milk 1PP

Lunch:
25g lean ham, 1PP
Huge salad & balsamic vinegar 0PP
WW raspberry yogurt 1PP (prob my least favourite flavour, hate the pips!)

Dinner:
100g Pork loin lean, raw weight, grilled 4PP
More salad :p 0P
Sugar free jelly 0PP

Snack:
Pink n White 1PP

MichillinWoman - it's only recently that I've dropped below my 29PPs, I was losing a steady 1-1.5lb per week then plateaued and just couldn't get moving again so I decided to really reduce my carbs, which highlighted how many PPs I was using on them! As soon as the weight starts moving again (fingers crossed this week), I'll increase my intake again. I tend to be a bit 'all or nothing' so have to be watchful that I don't stick to the silly numbers. Good luck for WI, fingers crossed hun.

CelticTiger: Balsamic vinegar was a real find for me. I used to have Hellman's Balsamic dressing but found it a bit gloopy and not much 'zing' lol. I definitely need to choose a few new foods before I never want to heat certain things again - mind you, that never worked with chocolate ;)

Wednesday's menu:

20g Special K 2PP
142ml skimmed milk 1PP

Lunch:
Sainsbury's Be Good To Yourself ham, 25g 1PP
Ryvita crackerbread 0PP
Salad (lots!) 0PP
WW Strawberry yogurt 1PP

Dinner:
120g Fillet steak, lean, raw weight 4PP
Salad 0PP inc pickled onions - haven't had those for ages!
Tbspn sour cream 1PP
Sugar free jelly 0PP

Snacks:
Jacobs Club, chocolate 3PP

14/29

Last edited:
Finally I hit my two stone weight loss! It's been a long old haul the past three weeks. 10st 0.25lb, next mini goal is 9st 13.75 - anything less than 10st will be fabulous. I think my overall target is another stone off and I'll be happy.

Breakfast:
20g Special K 2PP
142ml skimmed milk 1PP

Lunch:
50g tuna, in spring-water, 1PP
Salad 0PP
WW strawberry yogurt 1PP

Dinner:
Chicken and broccoli potato-topped pie 10PP (not particularly nice either)
Sugar free jelly 0PP
Pink n White 1PP

Snacks:
1/2 of a cheese straw - bloomin' lovely it was. Guessed 3PP
Fresh fruit salad 0PP

19/29

I'm feeling so motivated again today, funny what a 'good' weigh in can do for the soul, lol. Had a great day out today, I even resisted ice-creams and chocolate muffins - mind you, I did have a sneaky bite!!

Breakfast:
17g cornflakes (Mini box) 2PP
142ml skimmed milk 1PP

Lunch:
50g tuna, in spring water, 1PP
Laughing Cow extra light triangle 0PP
Salad 0PP
Balsamic vinegar 0PP
Special K choc chip bar 2PP

Dinner:
100g chicken breast, raw weight, 2PP
4 x sprays Fry Light olive oil 0PP
Amoy straight to wok medium noodles 6PP
Amoy straight to wok sweet & sour sauce 2PP
Savoy cabbage 0PP
Leeks 0PP
Spring onions 0PP
Carrots 0PP
The plate was piled so high it was looking more than a little obscene :D

Snacks:
Bite of choc muffin 2PP

19/29

2-Stone thats fantastic well done :):). You must be down a few dress sizes. I cant wait to move from 22 to 14 is my goal. Keep it up you will loose that last stone no problem. :happy096:

Back