DoingItForMe weight loss diary

Hi well done on the 2 stone! I also got to 2 stone mark last week...it's a great achievement and you really start to notice a difference!! Keep up your hard work! X

Oh my word, I have been so rubbish at updating this recently, I guess life has got in the way lol. Anyway, another 2lb off this morning which finally takes me into the stone I want to be in. I'm still really enjoying WW and learning to build a few 'extras' into my eating. Went out with friends last night and being the night before weigh in, I decided to be good. Ordered grilled plaice with caper butter and swapped chips for a large salad.... all great until the meal arrived when it was declared they only had 'small' plaice and so would only charge me half. Small? No kidding, lol. Still, it was delicious and beyond doubt kept me well within my dailies. Could have had a few chips afterall ;) Oh, and I treated myself to a lovely glass of wine too :)

Fillet steak, sour cream and salad for dinner tonight, followed by strawberries and sugar free jelly - yummy, can't wait!

Keep up the good work everyone :)

2 lbs down Yahoo !!!!!!!!!! .well done . So great to see the numbers you want on the scales.:D:D

Your menus look great ..steak and sour cream Mmmmm. I have actually planned to have some strawberries later too as my late snack. Yum .:drool:

Hi

Steak and sour cream sounds delicious...must give that a try actually! Well done on your loss, keep up the good work x

Last night's grilled steak with sour cream was fab. Only 1PP for a tablespoon is great - a tablespoon is actually quite a lot ;) I then went on to have a Creme Egg and Special K cereal bar... had the points but easily could have kept eating!

Today has been another good day food-wise despite going to a children's party where all the usual party fare was wafted under my nose lol.

2 x Weetabix 3PP
142ml skimmed milk 1PP

50g Smoked salmon 2PP
Huuuuge salad 0PP
Weight Watchers peach yogurt 1PP
Bowl of strawberries 0PP

90g chicken breast, raw weight 2PP
Straight to wok medium noodles 6PP
Amoy sweet & sour sauce, 60g 2PP
Leeks, cabbage, carrots and spring onions 0PP
5 x sprays of Fry Light 0PP
A really big plateful of delicious-ness for 10PP :p

Not sure what to have now... have some sugar free jelly in the fridge that isn't quite set yet. Oh, just remembered I've got a Skinny Cow mint lolly - yep, that'll do!

1 x Skinny Cow mint lolly 2PP

19/29 so far

mmm food sounds good for today! I'm loving the sound of your mint ice lolly, yum indeed! Well done for resisiting the temptations of kid's party. It's all those little things that you think can't be many points that are the hardest to say no to so well done!! x

Well done you avoiding that stuff at the party. Our neighbours girl was 11 today so we all had to go to the party. Had some cake (small piece and a tiny profiterole :eek:) Its just not easy when its piled up there in front of you so well done for abstaining.

Monday's food diary:

20g Special K 2PP
142ml skimmed milk 1PP

50g tuna, in spring water, drained 1PP
Big salad 0PP
Balsamic vinegar 0PP
Pink N White 1PP
Sugar-free jelly 0PP
Special K choc cereal bar 2PP

115g salmon fillet, raw weight, grilled 5PP
10g Jack Daniels glaze 1PP
More salad & balsamic vinegar 0PP
Sugar-free jelly 0PP
Jacob's Club orange 3PP

1 x v small piece of flapjack (another party, less will power lol) 3PP

19/29
I've got a very sweet tooth today and could eat loads of chocolate - I know if I start, I'll go OTT and end up feeling terrible (emotionally not physically!). Early night I reckon.

Good for you having the will power to say no ..I havnt quiet got the hang of that word yet. Your menu looks lovely .

HI CC . hope today is going well .Was down a pound today . Thrilled. Hope dad is well. Talk soon

What can I say, I blew it today... knew it was coming. We have a bag of Cadbury Caramel Nibbles open and I've dipped in and out of the bag all day, one here, one there. They aren't even particularly nice IMO - not like a caramel bar. Oh well. Off to the in-laws tomorrow for lunch and am praying it's salad based so I can redeem myself.

Today's food:

20g Special K 2PP
142ml skimmed milk 1PP

25g very lean ham 1PP
Salad 0PP
Weight Watchers strawberry yogurt 1PP
Pink n White 1PP
Handful of strawberries 0PP

75g chicken breast, raw weight, stir fried 2PP
Amoy straight to wok noodles 6PP
Amoy sweet and sour sauce 2PP
Copious amounts of cabbage, leeks, spring onions and carrots! 0PP
5 sprays of Fry Light olive oil 0PP

Given the chocolate, I'm going to point today 29/29

Back on the straight and narrow today... almost ;)

20g Special K 2PP
142ml semi-skimmed milk 2PP

Very small (cocktail size) homemade Quorn sausage roll.. guess 3PP for pastry and 1PP for tiny piece of sausage = 4PP
Tablespoon baked beans 1PP
50g (prob less) homemade chips, fried :eek: 3PP
Small amount of salad 0PP
Approx 1/2 Yorkie biscuit 2PP

125g Fillet steak, raw weight, grilled (M&S, fabulous steak!) 4PP
3/4 tbspn sour cream 1PP
Loads of salad 0PP
Strawberries 0PP
Sugar-free jelly 0PP

19/29 PP

Well done for getting back on track today. . Its so easy for a good day to suddenly change to a bad day but you still have your weeklies anyway. Good on ya:D:D

Well done Doingitforme, 30.5lbs gone forever! Wish it was me...

Morning all,

CelticTiger... 13lb gone, you are well on your way, and doing brilliantly :)

Just weighed in and have lost 1.25lbs this week, I'm really chuffed :) I've felt really wobbly this week (more so than usual lol) with regards to craving my old food habits. I figuring the only way to manage this is to incorporate a few goodies into my diet rather than trying to maintain an all or nothing approach. Having never used my weeklies, I'm almost scared to do so. The thing is, feeling wracked with guilt after eating a bit of chocolate isn't the way forward. I know it's not yet 9am but I'll be opening a bottle of wine tonight!

20g Special K 2PP
142ml skimmed milk 1PP

50g Smoked salmon, 2PP
Laughing Cow Extra Light triangle 0PP
Piles of salad :p 0PP
Balsamic vinegar 0PP
Sugar-free jelly 0PP
Strawberries 0PP (these are delicious at the mo)
Tiny choc krispie cake made by DS 4PP

81g Chicken breast, raw weight 2PP
60g Amoy sweet & sour sauce 2PP
Amoy medium noodles 6PP
Lots of yummy stir fry veggies 0PP
5 x spray Fry Light olive oil 0PP

Highly likely sugar free jelly & strawberries later on!

19/29

Last edited:
I have found the all or nothing approach doesnt work for me either . I try to have a few snack treats every day like my walkers baked or the odd curley wurley at night (If I have them early I could set off a binge). At the moment I find the sugar free jelly and strawberried yum or the oranges are really juicy at the moment. I limit the snacks to 2-3 pp and you cant go too far wrong then.

For the first time ever I have broken into my weeklies! Felt really weird at first but heck, that's what they're there for, eh?! Popped into M&S for some strawberries and cherry tomatoes (thought I only had a handful left at home)... got home to discover we have two big trays of cherry tomatoes and strawberries... guess I'll be eating lots of red stuff over the coming days lol.

30g Special K 3PP
142ml skimmed milk 1PP

3 x slices Pizza Hut veggie supreme pizza, italian base 28PP :eek:
Salad bowl - no dressings/naughties 0PP

50g Smoked salmon 2PP
Lettuce, cherry tomatoes, celery, cucumber, pickled beetroot, pickled onion & balsamic vinegar 0PP
Sugar-free jelly 0PP
Strawberries 0PP

34/29 (5 weeklies used, first-ever break-in the precious extras!)

Felt like heading down the serious binge route today, managed to nip it in the bud, so far! I'll be glad when DS is back to school tomorrow, my eating feels more controllable then.

20g Special K 2PP
142ml Skimmed milk 1PP

50g tuna, in springwater, drained 1PP
Salad 0PP
Balsamic vinegar 0PP
Weight Watchers cherry yogurt 1PP

125g Fillet steak, raw weight 4PP
0.75 tbspn sour cream 1PP
Salad 0PP
Balsamic vinegar 0PP
Sugar-free jelly 0PP
Strawberries 0PP

Snacks:
28g Dairy Milk 4PP
Chocolate biscuit 3PP

17/29PP

20g Special K 2PP
142ml semi skimmed milk 2PP

50g Smoked salmon 2PP
Salad 0PP
Weight Watchers raspberry yogurt 1PP
Weight Watchers strawberry yogurt 1PP
Pink N White 1PP
28g Cadbury's Dairy Milk 4PP

110g Fillet steak, raw weight, 4PP
0.5tbspn sour cream 0PP
Salad 0PP
Strawberries 0PP
Sugar-free jelly 0PP

17/29PP will probably have a Special K choc chip bar later for 2PP

I am hugely relieved that all supplies of Dairy Milk have been removed from the premises :p I just *knew* that having it here would mean a square here, a square there....

Hi

Your menus look really fab!! I am the same as you, can't resist so I just don't buy any junk what so ever. OH is watching what he is eating too so it makes life much easier. Keep up the good work x

Back