Done it now! First Atkins kind of meal!

Induction is the stage that burns fat the quickest & like Jiggly says uses up yr glycogen stores.

The longest you can stay on induction is for 6 months, I know Jim did it for that long.. it really depends on how much you have to lose & if you get bored.

The next bit is OWL & you re-introduce things slowly such as nuts & berries to see how yr body copes & to regulate yr weight loss.

You'll understand that bit alot more when you get yr book. Initially no more than 20g carbs for at least 2 weeks. x

Last edited:
I go to the indian all the time and usually have something like a tandoori mixed grill or a dry tikka dish, if I fancy something on the side I have sag paneer which is spinach mixed with cheese and its yummy.

I've never had any problem with eating that and it's not affected my losses. But you will have to try it for yourself and see how you go.

Different food affects different people in different ways so its about experimenting to see what stalls you and what you can tolerate.

For example some people can eat atkins bars every day on induction with no problem but some of us cant have them at all cos they stall our weight loss :eek: - everyones different

it has already been said..no tomatoes, no red pepper BUT steak!!! you could have garlic mushrooms fried in butter and spinach with it...watch for the mustard, its carby but mmmm steak every night for dinner....

diet.....? what diet!

check out the 'what are we eating today thread' that will give you plenty of ideas :D

ll the above Brian. I'd keep it simple. plenty of unprocessed meat and green leaf veggies. Loads of butter and fat. That's it. I stayed on induction for 6 months because I had a lot to lose.

Back