Donkey's journey to deal with disordered eating and lose 6 stone!

Best of luck for your weigh in!

Only lost a single, lonely, solitary pound.
And I'm betting that's only because I've barely drunk anything today.
Not feeling great :/

I know it can be disheartening to lose a pound but believe it or not it's quite a lot (see pic) plus you had quite a big loss last week so your body could just be playing catch up. Chin up, onto a new week and a bigger loss xxx
1-pound-fat-can.jpg

Thanks guys, I know I shouldn't complain, it all adds up like you say but 1lb off a week makes target and even mini targets seem so far away!
Obviously it tapped into my ed thinking too - I could lose far more than that and the knee jerk reaction is to restrict to compensate for the small loss. I didn't feel like staying to group because I was kind of ashamed of such a small loss when people much lighter than me were losing 3 pounds, but I did, which was something. Everybody talks in their own groups though (including during the meeting which drives me insane because they talk about whatever they want when other people are talking and my hearing isn't up to it lol) and odd people out just sit there kind of ignored, and I don't have the confidence to try to strike up conversation. Plus 2 women next to me were *****ing about one of the social team and how she lost too much weight and looks awful, which I thought was nasty as it's none of their business at all. Just didn't enjoy the group much today I guess, excuse the whinge.

I feel like if I hadn't bought the countdown that would have been me done. I do need to see that it evens out as 8 pounds over 2 weeks and that's good. I just now worry that I'll only be losing a pound, if that, every week - it's not enough to keep me motivated. But onwards I guess and let's see how this week goes.

Ok I have maxed out my syns and gone over. Hello binge. Wasn't actually that bad, just a few 5 syn yoghurts and 2 sausages at dinner took me over and I have only had one proper meal today. Clearly that was the problem - I was so hungry and down after I got home I reached for the bad stuff. Lesson learnt hopefully. At least it was nothing like the real binges I used to have.

I realise I should be happy with a loss no matter what it is but I'm not going to say oh yeah I'm happy with any kind of figure as long as it's going down right now, because I have a long way to go before that is my thinking. So no, I'm not happy but I know what I can do to try to pick things up a bit next week.
Also I'm absolutely shattered, to the point I've rearranged an exam that was tomorrow just so I can try to have a decent amount of sleep. Come tomorrow I will get myself back on track and embrace the thinking that even if I do only lose 1 pound a week, in the next 9 weeks that will be 17 pounds, which is significantly better than where I started, and in fact when I started I would have LOVED to be 17 pounds lighter. So yes.

Thank god for that bloody countdown lol

even if I do only lose 1 pound a week, in the next 9 weeks that will be 17 pounds, which is significantly better than where I started, and in fact when I started I would have LOVED to be 17 pounds lighter. So yes.

Thank god for that bloody countdown lol[/QUOTE]

This is the spirit! It's easy to hear it when others tell you, but til you feel it yourself its difficult.
Looking back at my old minis posts, my old stats and remembering how I felt in my skin back then I remember praying for the day when I would be close to target. Don't get me wrong, it hasn't been dead easy but I'm so glad I stuck with it, even though it doesn't sound like much of a loss it's made a big difference to me.
You'll get there too, just keep going :) x

Just keep on truckin! You will soon be surprised how fab you feel even at 1lb a week!

Its probably because you lost so much last week. You'll more than likely lose 2 or 3 next week, but also remember that 1-2 lbs a week is a healthy loss so pat yourself on the back!

I know I'm just repeating what others have said but 1lb loss is brilliant! It's a nice healthy weight to lose each week. I know it can be disappointing but hey, you didn't gain? You didn't even STS - you weigh LESS! It's very unlikely to be 1lb every week but even if it was you're going to get to your targets far more quickly than you would if you just give up :) If you stay on track you're even more likely to lose more than 1lb next week. I know it's hard to stay motivated when you're disappointed but try to think of the positives and hopefully it'll be a little easier.

A pound is fab, I know you feel dis heartened but please don't, you'll get a bigger loss next week. It will be your body catching up with your mahoosive loss last week :)

Thanks all!

You're right, I weigh less and not more, which is the direction I was going before I started sw so that's good. And I hope my body is playing catch up and it will even out better next week but I can't put hopes on it just in case.

I could either give up because the loss isn't enough and end up piling weight on, or I could persevere and end up with at least a stone off by the end of the 12 weeks which wouldn't have come off at all if I wasn't doing sw. It obviously makes sense lol. So, on we go.

Woke up at 8am today -thoroughly unimpressed as I'd woken once in the night over a dream where I somehow had dead octopus all over me (result of falling asleep on my back - always get the weird dreams like that) and had only had 5 hours sleep. Realised my finger is infected - surprisingly painful! - and I seem to have another ear/throat infection going on. I get them a lot, just minor issues but they're bloody irritating! So I went back to sleep. And woke up at a much more indulgent time lol.
Absolutely MUST clear up the place today - might be my imagination but I swear it smells catty, even though I'm forever cleaning up after the cat, and I can't have that! :kitty:
Then really I should contact the landlord because there's a problem with the kitchen tap, I suspect it needs a new washer but I want a new sink because this one is round and it's stupidly hard to wash up in, far too small. Only thing that's keeping me from doing it is workload because I know I'll have to tidy up the mountain of paper and books for when he comes round and I keep needing to pull bits out.

Bought 2 sw books yesterday, the extra easy cookbook and the curry one because I LOVE curry. Need to go shopping first but they look goooood!

Donkey, if you like curry then take a look at Kays indian recipes on the recipie thread. I made the jalfrezi and it was amazing even though I used the wrong ingredient!!

One pound down is one pound down. Think of how much you will gain healthwise by eating the SW way. Only another 6lbs and then you've hit your first stone.

Stay positive. It sounds as if you have a lot going on in your life at the moment so you should be really proud that you are
doing something good for yourself as well as everything else that is going on.

Take care xx

Donkey, if you like curry then take a look at Kays indian recipes on the recipie thread. I made the jalfrezi and it was amazing even though I used the wrong ingredient!!

One pound down is one pound down. Think of how much you will gain healthwise by eating the SW way. Only another 6lbs and then you've hit your first stone.

Stay positive. It sounds as if you have a lot going on in your life at the moment so you should be really proud that you are
doing something good for yourself as well as everything else that is going on.

Take care xx

Just had a look - great stuff, thanks!

Yep, glad I signed up for 12 weeks because I will see results by the end of it :)

Hoping I haven't sabotaged my week after Tuesday's minor binge. I am constantly coming in at the maximum syns by the end of the day so maybe I need to lower them to try to even things out for next wi.
Feeling pretty crappy atm, couldn't sleep for hours then woke up several times before having to get up for an exam which went very badly. Had a sweet potato with beans and veg and intend to get the slow cooker going to freeze some meals in a bit. Kind of fancy chocolate but I know that one piece could too easily lead to masses more today so considering going out to get a twister instead. nom.

I try to use all my syns, so if the weight doesn't shift then I have somewhere to go by reducing them a bit. Definitely use them, that's why they're there!

I try to use all my syns, so if the weight doesn't shift then I have somewhere to go by reducing them a bit. Definitely use them, that's why they're there!

I was thinking though that because I went well over them on Tuesday, reducing them a bit during the week would even it out so I don't go over?

Back