Donnajt's 2012 Diary...yes I'm back!

donnajt said:
Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo...you are so lovely!!! I am struggling got to admit ... writing my meal plans ... only managed to do today and I still have a big fat blank where lunch should be and its 2:45...what can I have???

Hmmmm what day are u having? It's warm here so i would have to go for something light maybe salad and meat or even fruit salad and yog! Not very adventurous but light for this weather! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Here is THE PIC:

the pic.jpg
I know its not the most flattering of angles and I hasten to add they are my knees not my boobs lol!!

But it has done the trick...goodbye BIG BIRD...hello Yummy Mummy

Wowza Donna, you have been busy. And I thought I'd got a lot of shopping!! I love food shopping too, know exactly what you mean, although I was very good today and went with my list and didn't deviate from it. (It was a big list tho).
Do you get the SW magazine? There's loads of recipes in there, some that are really quick and easy. It's given me loads of ideas, hence the shopping this morning for all of the ingredients for all the recipes I want to try.
I've just made watercress and spinach soup for my lunch. Only took 30 mins to rustle up and was very yum, (have put recipe and pics on my diary). Crabsticks are good though :)
Thinking of doing this for dinner:
chicken kofta.jpg
Mmmm, making me hungry....

Fanta Chicken (Sweet & Sour) stolen from Corky's Diary
sweet and sour chicken.jpg
Chicken
chopped red pepper
Chopped onion chopped
fresh pineapple chopped
can of diet Tango/Fanta (330ml) I used Tesco Sugar Free Orangeade
1 beef stock cube
8 tbsps of passata
fresh chillies (I used loads of dried flakes)
1 tbsp vinegar
2 level tsp cornflour (2 syns)

Fry the chicken in fry light for a few mins
add the onion and pepper
cook for a few mins more
mix the passata, chillies, fanta, vinegar and crumbled stock cube together
and pour into the pan with the rest of the ingredients.
Let it bubble until the liquid has reduced
chuck the pineapples in at the end and allow them to warm through but not cook (syns in cooked fruit pah! lol)
Voila! Done!

I also cooked some mushrooms and added once cooked, delish!

Wowza Donna, you have been busy. And I thought I'd got a lot of shopping!! I love food shopping too, know exactly what you mean, although I was very good today and went with my list and didn't deviate from it. (It was a big list tho).
Do you get the SW magazine? There's loads of recipes in there, some that are really quick and easy. It's given me loads of ideas, hence the shopping this morning for all of the ingredients for all the recipes I want to try.
I've just made watercress and spinach soup for my lunch. Only took 30 mins to rustle up and was very yum, (have put recipe and pics on my diary). Crabsticks are good though :)
Thinking of doing this for dinner:
View attachment 61832
Mmmm, making me hungry....

Making me hungry too and I've only just had my dinner!!!

Do you know I took the latest issue of SW Mag and the last one to caravan and didn't get a chance to have a look thru - will have a sneak whilst Noah's watching his Ben & Holly cartoon

Andrea81 said:
By, that Heather talks a lot of sense doesn't she? ;) :)
I find my "before" picture(s) hideous and vile but still motivational. I'm not that person anymore so I don't feel put off by it.
Donna you sound really up for it and ready to get back on the plan and stuff, whatever you think will work for you - go for it but Heather's so right about looking back at your own diary. There's 30 pages of inspiration for you right there!

Are you getting weighed tomorrow then? Good luck if so. xx

Aw stop it lol *blushes*! I've been called a few things but wise isn't high on the list lol xxx

donnajt said:
Hev - I've just reread your last post, you are gorgeous, generous, caring, supportive, fun, loving, truthful, inspiration, focused, determined, you should be somewhere between self liking and self loving xxx

Well when you put it like that.....lmao! Thanks for the vote of confidence though Donna! You know how to put a spring in this gal's step!! XxX

Gino's Pasta- Serves 4
A delciously simple pasta salad with meat of your choice, sunblush tomatoes, olives, cucumber, feta.

• 500g cooked pasta shapes, of your choice
  • 3 garlic clove, grated
  • Shredded chicken/ham/salami, whatever you have in the fridge, I am using roast bacon joint
  • 150g/5¼ oz sun blushed tomatoes, halved if necessary
  • Cucumber chopped into small ish pieces
  • 24 black olives, pitted and halved (3 syns)
  • 1 handful of fresh basil, chopped - or a spoonful of pesto if you have none
  • 100g Chorizo sliced (and fried using oil to coat pasta) (6.5 syns)
  • 100g/3.5oz feta, crumbled (optional) = (50g = 1 HEA or 7 syns) = 14 syns
  • 4 tbsp vingrette dressing, or to taste
  • Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • = 23.5 syns serves 4 = 6 syns per serving, or 1/2 HEA and 2.5 syns

1. Cook pasta, drain and keep warm

2. In a separate jug, grate the garlic and add vingrette dressing, season well and taste - this will be your dressing, adjust the flavours if needed.

3. Add the shredded meat to the pasta along with the olives, cucumber, tomatoes and basil or pesto and toss well.

4. Pour over the dressing, adding a little more oil if needed. Toss well and season again, if needed.

5. Crumble over the feta and serve.

gino pasta salad.jpg

Last edited:
Gino's Corned Beef Hash - need to make Slimming World Friendly
corned-beef-hash.jpg
150 g5¼ oz corned beef, cut into large chunks
300 g10½ oz cooked potato, cut into large chunks
2 eggs
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
½ red onion, diced
1 tbsp chives
Olive oil for frying
Salt and freshly milled black pepper
Brown sauce to serve

1. Heat a frying pan with a little oil.

2. Fry the onion and potato in the hot oil and cook for a couple minutes then add the corned beef and chives and add a good dash of Worcestershire sauce and season well.

3. Continue to fry over a high heat, not moving the food around the pan. When a crust has formed on the bottom of the pan, flip it all over and fry the other side. Cook for a further few minutes, until there is a crust on the bottom.

4. Fry the eggs in a little oil and serve on top of the hash with brown sauce.

Syn Free Lemon Curd
3 heaped dessertspoons sweetener
Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
2 large eggs
2oz fromage frais
lemon curd.jpg
lemon curd2.jpg
In bowl suitable for standing over simmering pan place grated rind and sweetener.
In separate bowl whisk lemon juice and eggs together then pour into first bowl.
Place bowl over a pan of simmering water stirring until thickened
Add fromage frais whisking until smooth

Stores for 5 days in fridge

Last edited:
Syn Free Chicken Goujons
1. Cut your chicken into strips.
2. Mix plain smash with any flavouring of your choice (I used tikka powder)
3. Roll the chicken in the smash mixture until completely covered.
4. Place on a baking tray and spray with fry light.
5. Cook on a medium heat until crispy and brown

Used same technique to make Parmigiana Chicken (smash, lemon thyme and paprika)
chicken parmigiana.jpg

Last edited:
Half Syn Cake
It was probably the 1/2 syn cake recipe, which is this:
1. Whisk 4 egg whites in a bowl until they reach soft peak stage
2. In another bowl, whisk together 4 egg yolks, 4tbspn sweetener, half tub a quark, 1 tsp baking powder (1/2 syn), 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. Then whisk in half the egg whites.
3. Fold in the remaining egg whites with a metal spoon
4. Tip the mixture into a sandwich tin, lined with baking parchment (2 if you want to make a double cake with filling, or on a tray if you're doing swiss roll style)
5. Bake in oven (180c) until well risen and brown (approx. 20mins). It will sink when you first take it out, dont worry.
6. To make topping/filling- mix other half of quark tub with 1 tbspn of sweetener, as well as vanilla/fromaige frais/orange zest if you'd like.
7. Spread that or use as filling, as required and add fruits of your choice in filling/as topping.

Magic Pancakes (makes 6-12 depending on size of cookie cutter, type of yogurt, type of Oats and number of eggs used) ~ vixter's recipe

1 sachet of Oats So Simple (or your HEB Oats allowance)
1 syn free yogurt such as Muller Light (try vanilla flavour first before experimenting)

Make 'Magic Porridge' by mixing the oats and the yogurt and leaving in the fridge overnight.

Next day, mix 2-3 eggs into the yogurt and oat mix thoroughly and add a couple of tablespoons' sweetener.

Then, get a hot not-stick frying pan, add frylight (I used Better than Butter but any flavour will do - obv not Wok Light though, urgh!)

Place your cookie or pastry cutter in the pan and gently pour a little mixture in until it fills the base of the cutter.

Wait a minute for the base to harden then remove the cookie cutter. After another min or so (use your judgement) flip carefully with a fish slice or spatula.

This picture is mine.

14nllbp.jpg
:D

I used a Weight Watchers Toffee Apple yogurt with 2 eggs and an Oats So Simple. Obviously because there is less yogurt than a Muller and less oats than a new HEb, I only used 2 eggs. It made 6 pancakes. I served with a side of banana and a 2 syn drizzle of honey.

Now, because we have soooo many choices of yogurt, you can really experiment with flavours and toppings! I can't wait to try banana muller with nutella on top and raspberries on the side!

Try it, I promise it's lovely - and PERFECT for pancake day coming up!

They are not like crepes, they are more like the 'American' stacking style pancakes.

Enjoy! I got this recipe from the Slimming World facebook group, from a genius called Tracey, so I can't take credit for it. But I CAN tell you that it's looooovely!

Pete’s Spaghetti Carbonara (revisited)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1Tsp English mustard
3 Eggs (ff)
4 Slices of smoked bacon, chopped in to strips (ff)
6 “Laughing Cow” extra light cheese spread (1Hea)
8 Sainsbury’s” sweet & spicy” chorizo slices (2syn per person)
200g Spaghetti (ff)

Method

In a dry frying pan cook the bacon until crisp, remove and set aside.
In a pan full of boiling water, cook the spaghetti for 8-10 mins until “Al Dente”, drain and cover.
In the meantime, in a glass bowl, add the eggs, cheese slices, mustard and mix together.
Cook the chorizo sausage, when done add to the egg mix, with the cooked bacon and cooked spaghetti, return to the saucepan and mix well; cook until the eggs have set.

61694d1345589033-diet-coke-chicken-spaghetti-carbonara.jpg

Pete’s Egg McMuffin

Serves 1

Ingredients

1tsp basil
1 Sainsbury’s “be good to yourself” extra lean sausage (0.5syn) (ff)
1 Rasher of smoked bacon, fat removed, cooked until crisp (ff)
1 Egg, scrambled (ff)
1 20g Sainsbury’s “lighter” cheese slice (40% less fat) (1Hea) or (2syn per slice)

1 x 60g Sainsbury’s Wholemeal Muffin (7syns)
Or
1 x 60g Sainsbury’s Wholemeal Bap (1Heb)

Sprinkle of garlic salt
Sprinkle of Aromat seasoning

Method

Cut the sausage ends off and squeeze the meat into a glass dish, add the spices & seasoning, mix well. Wet your hands and roll the mix into a ball then flatten to look like a “burger”.

Spray a frying pan with Fry Light and cook the burger for 10-15 mins each side or until cooked. Also cook the bacon until crisp.

Break an egg into a dish & whisk with a fork until it’s scrambled, season, place an egg ring in a frying pan and cook the scrambled egg.

Slice each muffin & toast.

Plate up.

61695d1345588844-diet-coke-chicken-egg-mcmuffin-2.jpg
61696d1346387074-diet-coke-chicken-egg-mcmuffin.jpg

Back