Donnajt's 2012 Diary...yes I'm back!

Hoummous
1 tin chick peas drained
lemon juice
paprika
garlic (to taste... personally the more the better :D)
salt
pepper
water (4 tblsps... u can tell if u need more)

Blend it all up untill its smooth, i use a hand blender but im sure u could use a food processor or similar....
then i serve it with carrot, pepper and cucumber batons or have it on ryvita if they are my healthy extra B :) hope this helps :)

This makes a very thick hummous... if you like it a little less 'stodgy' im sure you could stir some quark or fat free fromage frais through it :)

SW Mag Hoummous
This recipe is from a slimming world magazine. Free on extra easy and green but it does make loads so you may want to half ingredients.
2 x 400g cans chickpeas
2 garlic cloves
juice 2 lemons
300g fat free cottage cheese with onions&chives
200g roasted red peppers in brine from a jar

Whizz all ingredients until smooth in a food processor season with s&p garnish with smoked sweet paprika.

Pete’s Mini Falafels

Makes 18

Ingredients

2 Wholemeal slices of bread (400g loaf) 1Heb or 6syn
1 400g chickpeas (s)(ff)
1tsp cumin
1egg
2tbsp chopped coriander
1tsp chilli flakes
100g Roasted red peppers (s)(sff)
2 spring onions (s)(sff)

Method

In a food processor reduce the ingredients to a smooth paste, put in a small bowl and cover, place in the fridge until the mixture is firm, remove and form into small size “burgers”

Heat a frying pan and spray with Fry Light, cook in batches on both sides, remove and allow to cool.

FalafelsSmall.jpg

You've been a busy lady this morning, what time shall I be round for the feast hehe :)

Have a good Sunday x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
Morning Jo - I am always writing notes and then forgetting where I saw the recipe so I thought I'd try this way - these are recipes I want asap - so come on over xxx

Baked Bean Lasagne or Cannelloni Syn Free on Green (If using the cheese as Healthy Extra)
10 Cannelloni tubes / Lasagne Sheets
1 tin of baked beans
half a tin of chopped tomatoes
42g low fat cheddar cheese
1 onion
2 garlic cloves
half a red pepper
a handful of mushrooms
paprika
black pepper

cook the onions, peppers, garlic, mushrooms in a pan until golden brown, add tomatoes and baked beans and season with some paprika and abit of black pepper. Fill the cannelloni tubes with the filling and then spread some of the filling over the tubes. Cook in the oven on gas mark 6 for approx 30 minutes, or until the cannelloni tubes are soft. Add the grated cheese and cook for a further 5 minutes or until bubbling :)

donnajt said:
Morning Jo - I am always writing notes and then forgetting where I saw the recipe so I thought I'd try this way - these are recipes I want asap - so come on over xxx

Well it all sounds yummy so don't mid if I do! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Chicken Parmigiana & Homemade Tomato Sauce

chicken parmigiana pots brocco tom sauce.jpgchicken parmigiana.jpg

Chicken or Turkey breasts/fillets
Smash
Paprika
Fresh Lemon Thyme
Egg

Beat egg in bowl
On a tray mix smash, paprika and lemon thyme
Dip breast in egg
Roll breast in smash mix
Place on baking tray
Spray with frylite
Cook for about 20-25 minutes
Sprinkle with cheese and place back in oven til cheese has melted

Homemade Tomato Sauce
Tin tomatoes (puree using hand blender)
Tomato puree
Fresh Garlic
Chilli Flakes
1tbsp red pesto (2.5 syns)

Bloody hell Donna, lol!!! That lot must've taken you hours! There's some really nice stuff there. I reckon that sausage, bacon and egg muffin looks like a great hangover breakfast. Thanks for all the ideas. x

Just put away the ironing board are 2 hours of solid ironing ... watched that drama Last Weekend...so wish I hadn't bothered!!!

Well forgot again to make up the magic pancake mix :mad: so breakfast will prob be fruit and yog but i do feel very hungry so might have to fish around for something else

Lunch...can't think what to have again

Dinner...am gonna do the Gino Pasta with roast bacon joint...yum yum!

Right Meg's back at school today so Madam is demanding I go straighten her hair

Hi hun, I'm well impressed with your new posts!! The ideas are ALL great and as usual the pics look delicious! I'm so going to have a go at the sausage n egg Mcmuffin! Ingenius! And at 2.5 syns plus HEXs its impressive stuff!

Hope your week is going well hun! I just want to say thanks for all your support lately! I don't think I could go through it without great friends, and I'm so lucky to have such wonderful ones outside in the big wide world and also the ones I have in you guys in the Minis world! Thank you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lunch ideas:
* Jacket Spud
* Hoummous, ryvita, pogen crisprolls, salad
* Beans on toast
* Fried Rice
* Cous Cous
* Greek Salad
* SW Quiche
* Pasta pesto sweetcorn
* Pasta
* Fiery Tomato Soup
* Eggy bread
* Sarah83: Pasta mixed with 1tbsp EL mayo (0.5syn) my HEXA grated strong cheddar, chopped up spring onion, sweetcorn, vine cherry toms and sliced cucumber. All on a bed of shredded iceberg lettuce. Oh and loads of black pepper!
*Pitta Pizza
*Pizza on toast
*Salmon Pate, Ryvita, Salad
*Coronation Chicken and Salad
*Sarah83 - pasta mixed with red pesto (2.5 syns), hexa portion of rf cheddar, yellow pepper, spring onion & cherry toms (sarah83)
*Dudette Sian - Potato Pie: boil enough potatoes for 4 people then mash them with either milk or veg stock, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add cooked leeks and sweetcorn, 2x HeA of RF cheddar and mix well. I plonk it into a dish and top with the remaining 2 x HeA of cheddar and bake it in the oven for about 20-30 minutes on 160-180

Last edited:
Syn Treats:
Asda bubbly bites are 3 syns each, and you can get them in milk or white choc
Curly Wurly - 6 syns
Freddo Frog - 5 syns
Freddo Caramel - 5 syns
Pink & White -
Tesco Low Fat Chocolate Mousse - 4 syns
Velvet Crunch - 4 syns
Custard Cream - 3 syns
Crunchie Treat size - 4
Crunchie full size 9.5
Rich Tea Biscuit - 2 syns
Digestive - 4 (reduced fat - 3.5)
Kit Kat - 2 fingers - 5.5 syns
Maple Syrup - 1 tbsp - 2 syns
Pink Wafers - 2 syns
Wotsits - 4 syns
Chocolate fingers Mini bag -6 syns
Digestives mini bag - 6 syns
Maryland cookies mini bag - 6 syns
Flake - 7.5 syns

Last edited:
Jo - I am still in my pjs lol!!! Back at work tomorrow :cry:, got zillions of jobs but i have spent most of today researching dinner, lunch and breakfast ideas lol

About to cook dinner in a minute sounds gorgeous...lets hope so cos I don't fancy cooking twice (am hoping there will be enough leftover for lunch too)

How was your day?

Day 3: Monday 03 September 2012
Breakfast: Yogurt, Pineapple, Banana, Hot water & Lemon
yog ban pine.jpg
Lunch:
2x Laughing Cow XLight, 4xRyvitas
cow.jpg
Dinner:
Gino's Speedy Pasta (2.5 syns + 1/2 HEA)
gino pasta my version.jpg
HEA:
2x Laughing Cow Xlight, 25g Feta
HEB: 4x Ryvitas
Syns: Dinner (2.5), Milk in tea (1), 2x Pink Wafers (4) = 7.5/15

Last edited:
Gino's Speedy Pasta (Lets Do Lunch) OMG so good!

Gino's Pasta-Serves 4

• 500g cooked pasta shapes, of your choice
  • 6 garlic clove, grated
  • Shredded bacon joint (but you can use chicken/ham/salami/quorn etc)
  • 150g/5¼ oz sun blushed tomatoes, halved if necessary, I rehydrated the sun dried toms and cut into little strips (6 syns)
  • Cucumber chopped into small ish pieces
  • 12 black olives, pitted and halved (1.5 syns) but you can add more to your taste
  • 1 handful of fresh basil, chopped - or a spoonful of pesto if you have none
  • 100g Chorizo sliced (and fried using oil to coat pasta) (6.5 syns)
  • 100g/3.5oz feta, crumbled (optional) = (50g = 1 HEA or 7 syns) = 14 syns
  • 4 tbsp vingrette dressing
  • Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • = 30 syns serves 4 = 7.5 syns per serving, or 1/2 HEA and 4 syns

gino pasta my version my bowl.jpg
gino pasta my version.jpggino pasta my version my bowll.jpg

1. Start cooking pasta

2. In a large bowl, grate the garlic and add vingrette dressing, season well and taste - this will be your dressing, adjust the flavours if needed.

3. Dry fry the chorizo (if using and any other shredded meat) and bacon

4. Prepare olives, cucumber, tomatoes and basil, add to dressing

5. Drain pasta and add to bowl

6. Add meat from saucepan, olives, cucumber, toms and basil, mix well

8. Crumble over the feta and serve.

Back