donnajt's "determined this will be my last ever diet!"

Do you have 1/3 superfree with every mea?

• Yes

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • No

Votes: 39 57.4%

• Total voters
Been a horrid day today, yesterday my husband's stepmum was finally diagnosed with lung cancer - she has been poorly for 15 months and was referred for physio instead of having blood tests!

Then today, my beloved Mum was also diagnosed with cancer, unfortunately or fortunately depending which way you look at it, the oncologist cannot find it, so its early days and fingers crossed after another round of scans and tests this week she will start a cocktail of drugs rather than chemo

They say things come in 3's...

aww donna you make my "bad day" look like a walk in the park! i am so so so sorry to hear your news, i cant imagine what you must be going through. i hope you know that we're all here for you if and whenever you need to talk to somebody :) xx

Thanks Emma-Louise, I am partly relieved because mum has been ill since easter and was in hospital for 2 weeks in May, they told us she had cancer and then said she didn't - I felt they had missed something and that if she was discharged she would have this timebomb tick tick ticking. But I am also angry, sad, terrified, numb, sick. I hate the fact that MY MUM is ill, I hate cancer, we only lost paul's dad to cancer in Feb 2010

ending on positive note...i love that i haven't reached for the biscuit tin, crips, takeaway menus, chocolate etc

Sorry to hear about your mum and hubby's stepmum. Well done for not reaching for the chocolate.

You are doing fab with your losses! Keep up the good work.:)

Sorry to hear about your mum and husbands step mum Donna! Hope your ok, and heres me going on about veg! hope everything goes well! xxx

Thank you Jenny and Millie09 for your kind messages - I am sure everything will be fine - positive thoughts etc

Been to my dad's today for his 59th birthday bbq, had a lovely day, all my aunties and uncles went, didn't cheat but haven't exactly had a plan today and came home with lots of pieces of cooked chicken, OH didn't eat so I had to make an impromptu meal, here's what I came up with, chicken and egg friend rice

Chicken and Egg Fried Rice.JPG

Cooked some plain boiled rice, left in cold water to chill. Removed skin (and threw away) shredded chicken meat. Frylighted red onion for few mins, added mushrooms left for few mins then added peas, corn and chillies and chicken, chinese 5 spice and soy sauce. Gave a good mix for a couple of minutes, added rice and stirred well, added more chinese 5 spice and soy sauce. In seperate pan scrambled eggs, then added to chicken and rice mixture, mixed thru, hey presto! One happy husband and I have to say it is rather delicious!

Week 3 Food Diary 29 June - 05 July 2010
Target weight loss this week: -2lbs

Saturday 03 July, Day 5, Extra Easy
B: Banana, WW Yogurt
L: Lean Quarterpounder (2.5), large salad (no dressing), reduced fat sausage
D: Chicken & Egg Fried Rice (recipe above)
HEA Milk
HEB -
SYNS: Sausage (1) & Burger (2.5) (3.5)

Daily Fitness Programme (increase each week)
* 20 minute walk No
* 5 minutes on the exercise bike No
* 20 sit ups No

Jars of pickle onions eaten to date: 5

Sunday 04 July, Day 5, Extra Easy
B: Banana, WW Yogurt
L: Large Salad (at bbq no "healthy choices") no dressing
D: Bacon and chicken pasta, beetroot, carrot, cucumber, tomatoes, WW Yog, Strawberries, 4 mini meringues (4?)
HEA Milk / 21 g reduced fat cheese
HEB -
SYNS: Honey (1) Meringues (4) (5 syns)

* 20 minute walk No
* 20 sit ups No

Jars of pickle onions eaten to date: 5

Last edited:

Monday 05 July, Day 5, Extra Easy
B: Banana
L: Leftover Bacon & chicken pasta (small bowl), whole honeydew melon (once started couldn't stop)
D: Cold sliced roast beef, horseradish (2) roast onions, plum toms, celery, cucumber, carrots, beetroot, pickle onions, red cabbage, side portion of SW chips
HEA Milk
HEB Alpen Light
SYNS: Horseradish (2) (2 syns)

* 20 minute walk I WALKED A TOTAL OF 1 HOUR 15 MINS TODAY!
* 20 sit ups No

Jars of pickle onions eaten to date: 6
also bought pickled beetroot and pickled red cabbage!!

WEIGH DAY TOMORROW....why am i consumed with fear haven't cheated once

Yes Donna, i ordered some online! i was with a friend yesterday, and she said her sister lost 8lb in a week and i was like no way! so anyway i spoke to her sister later on that day, and it was true! she had been eating sensible too, eating cereal from breakfast, chicken salad jacket etc for lunch, and for tea fish fingers or chicken jacket and veg, so all healthy and lost 8lb! She got them from her local hairdressers, and the girl who works there has gone from a size 16 to a 10 in like 2 months! hasnt exercised once and just ate normal.
So i though right! im going to get some haha! ordered them last night and im just going to stick to my slimmers world plan.
ill have to let you know how i get on! xxx

yeah, i will keep you posted!

Well i was good all day sunday and then had a kfc !!! :(

But been good so far, need to update my food diary sorry! Hope WI goes well x

Back