Don't do it!!!

mollydog

Silver Member
When you get the munchies - Don't do it!
I had two peices of homemade shortbread on Monday evening then posted yesterday that i was only just in Ketosis as very slightly pink on pee stick. Well today absolutely no colour change at all - knocked myself out of ketosis for two peices of shortbread after 20 days of SS 100%.
Was it worth it - absolutely not.
I'm not going to let it dampen my mood but i've now got three days of feeling hungry to get back into the pink.
Mx

Sorry to hear that my dear was sure you had escaped it yesterday. Dont be too down about it I had a blip on Sun and im already back in fat burning so doesnt always take 3 days xxx

Hugs Molly... you are back on it now, and have learned from the experience... so maybe it will make you stronger. And you'll be back in ketosis before you know.

xxx

Hiya Molly, I'm sorry it happened, but sometimes these things can actually teach us a good lesson. Now you know it does affect you, I doubt you will stray again.
Hope you manage to get into Ketosis again quickly, on the bright side, it probably will take you very little time, as it won't take long to burn up that little bit of glycogen. Just make sure you drink loads and you will soon be back on track again.

xx

When you get the munchies - Don't do it! I'm not going to let it dampen my mood but i've now got three days of feeling hungry to get back into the pink.
Mx
Oh, how i know where you are coming from.
You'll be back in the pink very soon
Just jump back in and continue your fab losses, not long til you move up the steps and then you can have 'one piece' guilt free.

Hey hon..
Well done you for jumping straight back on... thats the best way to do it.. Your doing fab hon, and I am sure it wont take you long to get back into ketosis..
xxx

Thanks everyone. Got a thumping headache today but i'm sure its more work related than CD. Had 3ltrs of water so far and i'll test again in the morning. Did my measurements this morning which strangely are all reading same as CDC ones 3 weeks ago except from my hips which have lost 2" so i've still got something to smile about.
Mx

A CDC said that as soon as you've had a blip, get straight back on the plan, as psychologically its hard if you come off for a day or 2 anyway. But if you have any time out, then straight back on it, even a shortcake, lol.. I munched through some gerkins at lunch, dont ask me why. Was away at the weekend and started as day 1 on Monday, so feeling the week 1 blues again, its horrid isn't it? Well done for getting straight back on that CD train to slimville :) x

Oh i hope i'm not on the train for much longer!!
Off to see Take That at the weekend and cant decide whether to take Saturday off, have some food and drinkies or steam right through on SS.:angeldevil:
I know what the right answer is but my friend and i have had this planned as a girlie overnighter for ages and we havent done anything like this for so long. I actually think the weather will make an impact on how i go. If its a lovely day then there will be a fab happy atmosphere and i'll want to join in but if the weather is foul i'll be quite happy to SS.
Decisions decisions.
Mx

This is the third time I have read this thread today. I keep coming bck to it becasue I am nearly crying with the thought of fish and chips. Some of the other members may remember that this was my craving at the beginning of CD (I didn't give in) and its back with a vengance aaarrrrgggghhhhh.

The fish shop at the bottom of my CDC's street, where I am going tonight, was voted 2nd best in the whole country and I have to drive past it. Its killing me ..................

Aww, Mir dont stress, you're doing so great!! -just remember that you want to stick 100% SS until your hols, there will be other times for fish and chips! stay strong!

Dont do it!!
I had two cooked cocktail sausages earlier on. Really struggling, which is annoying me cos i actually still feel strong - does that make sense? There are lots of things i could be eating, OH opened a big bag of doritos on sunday night and ate half the bag, the rest of it is still in the cupboard and not bothering me but DD opened the sausages for her supper but that wee devil no my shoulder had a bigger pull.
I've burned 135 cals on the wii tonight but that doesnt count when it comes to ketosis.
B*gger, i'm annoyed with myself. Slippery slope that i dont want to slide on.
Stay strong ladies.
Mx

Well I've learned my lesson well and truly! I slipped off plan for 2 days at the weekend cos I was away on a training course. I got straight back on ss on Monday morning and I've been so hungry I want to cry! I also gained 5lbs even though I didnt eat any carbs!!! Its all come off now but I've been really uncomfortable and had some terrible cravings - especially today as my TOTM has started. What a bummer!! I think I'll be back on 100% until I reach my target cos its just not worth the physical discomfort or the mental anguish!!!! Hang on in there Mollydog - be strong cos its so worth it! xxxx

Up early after an early night (bad head) and now have so much energy I don't know what to do with!!

After my weekend jaunt, I've had to relive the week 1 again.. Horrid isn't it? Tired, no energy and bad head ache.. Its all coming back to me now!! So, for that alone, it really isn't worth getting off the track.. Unless you plan it, low carb and high protein.. and get straight back onto your plan straight away; as soon as you step through the front door. That way you'll start to shed the excess immediately. I gained 7lb after my weekend away (weighed on my scales Mon morn) and this morning, looks as if its all gone already. With the energy I have, I do think I'm now back in ketosis too. So it can be undone with a bit of work x

A couple of cocktail sausages and two slices of cooked ham have well and truly kept me out the pink this morning. I'm okay cos i'm at work til 3.30 but when i come home its going to be a real struggle. I knew this would happen with an overnighter coming up on Satuday. I think i have been subconsconsciously preparing myself for food and drink.

A couple of cocktail sausages and two slices of cooked ham have well and truly kept me out the pink this morning. I'm okay cos i'm at work til 3.30 but when i come home its going to be a real struggle. I knew this would happen with an overnighter coming up on Satuday. I think i have been subconsconsciously preparing myself for food and drink.

Molly, its not that important to be in the pink all the time, if you are loosing.. a lot of ppl don't get into ketosis and still loose weight, and some of us don't register either.. and again still loose. you'll be fine, just keep on track. What overnighter do you have ? I am working all 3 nights this weekend, and take an extra shake with me and some fizzy water.. That helps me.xx

Well today I am absolutely disgusted with myself. I just couldnt help myself last night and i binged. To be honest i'm a greedy person (hence why i'm here!) but i cannot remember EVER bingeing. I ate sweeets, 3 packets of crisps, a huge bar of chocolate, cocktail sausages, cheese, doritos and a sandwich which i washed down with 3 large vodkas. I cant explain what came over me as i just don't know, but i couldnt stop. I felt so ill this morning that i actually made myself sick to get it out my system. The worst thing is that for most of it, it was greed, nothing more and none of it even tasted that good.

I've been harping on all week about how i am so looking forward to seeing Take That on Saturday night. As i'm going with my friend we have planned it to be a nice girlie overnighter and i've been deliberating about whether to eat sensibly and have a few drinks or stay SS. I know i should SS but I think realistically i think it will be protein food and i doubt i'll drink any alcohol. I'm coming halfway home on Sunday and OH and kids are meeting me and we are going to see TT again! They can bring me some tetras and i'll get right on it again.
I think i said earlier in this thread that i'm (by a Lb) lighter than i got to last year with CD and i am determined to get to goal.

Sorry its a long post, i have been doing so well but i have to say that i have got the munchy bug out of my system, literally, and i am going to get back on the wagon.
Mx

Big hugs. Sometimes the scary things are the biggest learning curves... put this behind you and enjoy your weekend, then get back on CD & on minis as soon as you are back.

xxx

Katy, you're right it was quite scary! Gave myself a bit of a shock just how much i consumed in a couple of hours. In the olden days i could easily get through that but it would be over an entire day and evening. A definate learning curve.
Mx

I agree, it is really not worth the feeling you get if you cheat! I did just the same as Mollydog last Thursday, started with a chip, which then spiralled out of control, but then that is typical of me (I am an all or nothing person). I managed to get through 2x pieces of chocolate cake, 1/2 a pizza, more chips, tuna pasta bake, chip butty and a glass of wine grrr.............
The stupid thing is I didn't even enjoy the food. I was dreading WI which was 3 days later, but I actually lost 3lbs!
I think this little blip strengthed my resolve though, as now I feel stong as an ox!
For anyone tempted like others have already said it is def not worth it.

Back