Don't you just hate it when....

Snap! Mine has been with my mum since I was
4 and im much closer to him than my real dad (probably helps that we live in the same house). It's just weird because I've never called him dad!

You can get 'you've been like a Father to me' cards?
I make my own so I avoid the soppiness of Mother's Day Cards etc.

Don't send to my Dad as he's no Father!

M Louise H said:
I moved a piece of cardboard off our balcony yesterday and there was a big scorpion - fortunately dead - but now I have the jitters!

Oh my :S

Jenna88 said:
Snap! Mine has been with my mum since I was
4 and im much closer to him than my real dad (probably helps that we live in the same house). It's just weird because I've never called him dad!

My step dad is more like a dad than my real dad could ever be (being that he buggered off n left me homeless at 14 and I haven't spoke to him in the last 11 years). I don't call him dad but he knows I think of him as my dad and I ALWAYS send him a card and gifts. I think you'll find that it's extra heartwarming to them :)

Stacey87 said:
My step dad is more like a dad than my real dad could ever be (being that he buggered off n left me homeless at 14 and I haven't spoke to him in the last 11 years). I don't call him dad but he knows I think of him as my dad and I ALWAYS send him a card and gifts. I think you'll find that it's extra heartwarming to them :)

And I didn't start sending cards n stuff to him until I was about 16!

something similar.......
......when you realise you didn't turn the setting on the tumble drier up, so all the towels from yesterday are still damp

...the kids are still sleeping, house is quiet but you have to get ready before your nephew is dropped off to he minded.

DYJHIW your fella is being an inconsiderate pillock, I do everything in the house, go to work & do 98 % of the childcare & seeing to there everyday needs. While he ligs about the house after being made redundant before Christmas & still not got a job.
He tells me I need to make time for myself & complains when I haven't had time to do things like take the dog for a "proper" walk.
God I could really walk out sometimes & take the kids & not go back.
Sorry rant over but feel better now x

DYJHIW your fella is being an inconsiderate pillock, I do everything in the house, go to work & do 98 % of the childcare & seeing to there everyday needs. While he ligs about the house after being made redundant before Christmas & still not got a job.
He tells me I need to make time for myself & complains when I haven't had time to do things like take the dog for a "proper" walk.

Have you considered telling him? Some men do struggle to see the blantantly obvious in front of them & need it spelling out in short blunt words.

I don't want to make excuses for him, he obviously needs to pull his finger out, but often when men are made redundant & find it difficult to find another job it seriously affects their self esteem. They feel worthless as they are exected ot the breadwinner, and they aren't. This probably contributes to his lack of attention to you, and general apathy towards doing anything.

I would in the 1st place discuss with him some of the things he could be doing to take the pressure off you. For example, take the kids to school, if they are that age, walk the dog (its a bloke job anyway), clean the house, do some washing. As long as you don't expect him to do everything it won't be unreasonable.

.......you take the dog out for a lovely walk in the sunshine thinking Ooo the washer will be finished when I get home, I can hang it all out before I go to work.....only to find I'd not pushed the start button!! Duh!!!

I agree with all that Kingsled has said though I don't know whether I would be able to be as kind and understanding as her.

That he still has no job must be so demoralizing for him, BUT, what does he do all day. It would be so good for both of you if there was a bit of role sharing.

My heart goes out to anyone in both his and your situations. It makes such a strain on your relationship.

Could he at least take the dog for a walk and do more of the childcare.

I know that I am stating the obvious here but I just want to let you see that there are people here who are totally sympathetic to your situation.

hugs xxx

your period is so slow, but it is on it's way, you feel really bloated and has given me a nasty mirgrane so hormone, last night randomly crying and today want to bite peoples hates off for just looking at me :sigh:

Last edited:
fillymum said:
I agree with all that Kingsled has said though I don't know whether I would be able to be as kind and understanding as her.

That he still has no job must be so demoralizing for him, BUT, what does he do all day. It would be so good for both of you if there was a bit of role sharing.

My heart goes out to anyone in both his and your situations. It makes such a strain on your relationship.

Could he at least take the dog for a walk and do more of the childcare.

I know that I am stating the obvious here but I just want to let you see that there are people here who are totally sympathetic to your situation.

hugs xxx

In reality, I'm not sure I could be as kind and understanding as I suggest you be my luv. It's very frustrating when someone does not pull their weight, and even more so when they have a go at you for failing to do something as well. Hope it gets better xxx

Back