Donzy's healthy for life diary

At work today so not got many steps in. Gonna make sure it's 5k by time I got to bed.

B: granola and almond milk and dates
L: salad with rocket, cucumber, avocado, ham, cheese, oil and balsamic dressing
S: almonds, ham, satsuma, dates
D: "breaded" chicken (breaded with ground almonds and coconut flour) avocado, rocket, pesto and mayo.

Dinner was very dry hence the mayo, wouldn't make again unless maybe frying...

Not done kettleworx since Tuesday really must get some exercise done.

Busy week coming up, got my brother and wife around Tom for our bday meal, shopping on Sunday with sister in law (bits for her wedding), work mon/tues, them my bday on wed, hubbies and Lucy's on Thursday. Doing a little tea party on thurs , then Friday I'm having spa day with sister in law, we got a bargain off groupon before Xmas not going to know if I'm coming or going x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi there.... subscribing to your thread....

I make the granola.... and then i sometimes.... Blend that with a banana and some almond milk (or on days i fancy a good fat boost) I do it with half a tin of coconut milk..... whizz and warm in the microwave.... paleo porridge!!! Its scrummy!!!

X

Omg am in agony!!!! Not too sure why, is gluten likely to affect me now?

I'll start from beginning.....

Yest my brother and wife came for tea we have ribs with BBQ sauce, steak plain with salad and potatoes (normal) they then brought pud with was a pavolova and a banoffee pie, and we had a fair few drinks....

This morning I felt fine apart from a bit dehydrated. I had some cashews for brekkie along with a handful of dates. Felt fine all morning, been In town shopping with sil and we went to handmade burger company for lunch (their burgers are grass fed) anyway had burger with no bun and some coldslaw, and a blk coffee, not long after that I felt woozy which I put down to coffee and maybe dehydration by time I drove home (2/3 hours later) I started getting stabbing pains in shoulder and kept belching, then my tummy started gurgling and cramping and that's still continuing now.... Oh and am super bloated...

So is that likely to be from gluten last night? Or maybe burger was bad? Also had some coke last night and a couple of mouthfuls at lunch...Feel real rubbish :-(

Last edited:
I would say its the gluten! I had some yesterday lunch time in a fillo pasty pie (yummy) but had a sharp tummy ache, bloating, feeling over full all afternoon and most of night . I had prunes with dinner to "help" pass everything quicker! . Went loo this morning and felt better. 1st time in over a mth for wheat/ gluten made me feel really rubbish!

I had gas (both ends ) which I've not had for ages and I gurgled like a sink along with the pains -

I recon cutting gluten out, then having it again and if you have symptoms - shows your intolerant !? My friend who is intolerant told me that's what her doc said.. To do

Yep I agree bet it was the gluten... I feel awfull after it!!! But up to a day after..... suppose it just takes time to work its way through!!

Hope you feel better today!! X

Well still feel bad today, tummy bloated and gurgly and keep burping and have wind. How long will it last? Am worried when I go on holiday as will be really limited on healthy food as its all burgers and sandwiches(Disneyland Paris)

Aleo Vera juice is my choice - cranberry favour is better tasting :) with prunes in natural juice to move it through! Lol

Aleo Vera juice is my choice - cranberry favour is better tasting :) with prunes in natural juice to move it through! Lol

Is that an online thing rather than an asda thing? Have made a cup of peppermint tea to try and settle, can you believe I've started period now as well!!!! Grrrr talk about timing! X

That's really rubbish! Health food shop. :)

Feeling a lot better in last couple of hours, done kettleworx as well.
But you wont believe what i've just gone and done! My Sil sent me home with this beautiful cake she got at work and i've only gone and had some!!! i'm so annoyed at myself now, all I can think is was it really worth it and it wasn't really, silly thing is that I know a week ago I wouldn't have touched it, its only because i've carbs in my system again, its making me crave more. Have wrapped it up and put it away, I won't have any more.

Feeling a lot better in last couple of hours, done kettleworx as well.
But you wont believe what i've just gone and done! My Sil sent me home with this beautiful cake she got at work and i've only gone and had some!!! i'm so annoyed at myself now, all I can think is was it really worth it and it wasn't really, silly thing is that I know a week ago I wouldn't have touched it, its only because i've carbs in my system again, its making me crave more. Have wrapped it up and put it away, I won't have any more.

Don't be too hard on yourself after your work out you prob burned it off already :) give it away so there's no more temptation.

Hi everyone,

Yes feeling better today, putting it down to experience.

It's my bday tomorrow and I've already seen a box of choccies from mil. So going to put them away until I'm at target.
Gonna be a difficult few days food wise as hubbies and daughters bday on Thursday, Lucy is having a tea party after school so gonna be a lot of food around oh and my mum has made her the most beautiful cake, will send a pic when I get it. Xxx

When you go away you can ask what is gluten-free, they'll be used to this (or they should be!). :)

Omg what a few days! Been totally off plan and feel rubbish! Can't wait for tom and being back to normal!

Disneyland is rubbish from research basically all gluten free food is served in foil airplane style packages! Yuck! Am going to get plenty of nakd bars and fruit and then just do what I can wen there xxx

Omg what a few days! Been totally off plan and feel rubbish! Can't wait for tom and being back to normal!

Disneyland is rubbish from research basically all gluten free food is served in foil airplane style packages! Yuck! Am going to get plenty of nakd bars and fruit and then just do what I can wen there xxx

Oh that stinks, they should make more effort. Sounds like you have a good plan! x

I'm back on the primal track!!!!
breakfast was IF
Lunch was a bit of a mix, pepperoni, dates, nuts and bit of dark choc
Dinner is Lamb chops and big salad maybe glass of red vino

just been out for a run/walk and feeling good

I went for a 9 mile walk this morning and didn't eat until 1pm.Then I had 3 sausages,2eggs and 2 bacon.It was needed.:)

Aw I'm never gonna catch up with u on fitbit!!! Clocked up 2k steps on wii with daughter earlier am pooped now x

Hi Guys,
Well i've been back to basics this week and feel great, have had the odd cheeky glass of vino and the odd non primal choccie (just got so many in house after bdays) but am within my 80% rule and have lost my little gain and a bit more taking me down to 10 2.5
Have started C2 5K again in a desparate bid to catch M up on steps!!! (its not working yet, but am averaging 8k a day so much better) xxxx

Back