Total Solution Double Trouble...The Exante Duo!

Well it's weigh in day today, and we're both absolutely stunned at the results!

The man has lost an amazing 24lbs!! :talk017:

And I've lost 16.5lbs!! :party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011:

We both know that these kinds of losses can't and won't continue, but we're so happy at the moment :D It hasn't been easy - but we've both stuck to TS 100% this week apart from the 'allowed' drinks (and an extra quarter of a biggest loser bar yesterday - just to try it :p)
Hopefully it'll get even easier now the hunger's subsiding, and we're starting to find more ways to make the shakes/soups, and we're also finding more products to try.

The Tesco chocolate ones were lovely actually - and I agree, they really did taste like rice crispie cakes, but with more substance.
Now I need to find a store that sells the raspberry ones too - they didn't have them in the shop we went to :-(

Well it's 11:30 now and I haven't yet 'eaten' or had anything to drink, so I'd better make a start on my water!

Thanks for your replies everybody - we've been made to feel really welcome here :D
x

Wow that is phenominal! I bet you'r on cloud 9 right now! Long may it last!

Well it's weigh in day today, and we're both absolutely stunned at the results!

The man has lost an amazing 24lbs!! :talk017:

And I've lost 16.5lbs!! :party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011:

We both know that these kinds of losses can't and won't continue, but we're so happy at the moment :D It hasn't been easy - but we've both stuck to TS 100% this week apart from the 'allowed' drinks (and an extra quarter of a biggest loser bar yesterday - just to try it :p)
Hopefully it'll get even easier now the hunger's subsiding, and we're starting to find more ways to make the shakes/soups, and we're also finding more products to try.

The Tesco chocolate ones were lovely actually - and I agree, they really did taste like rice crispie cakes, but with more substance.
Now I need to find a store that sells the raspberry ones too - they didn't have them in the shop we went to :-(

Well it's 11:30 now and I haven't yet 'eaten' or had anything to drink, so I'd better make a start on my water!

Thanks for your replies everybody - we've been made to feel really welcome here :D
x

Hi Alex, well done to both of you!! I hate that men seem to looser quicker and have higher losses ;) You've done amazing though! 16lbs has put a real dent in it, and feels great to have lost that doesn't it! So pleased for you!

It is sad the losses can't always be like that but they even out to loose on average a stone a month or just over, which is great, there's nothing else that can give us these results and although it's hard I think it's so worth it for the short term. :)

Come December you could be down another 3 stone or more, you'll be slinky and sexy this Christmas hun :giggle:

yay!! thats brilliant hunni, well done! you should be very proud of yourselves. Bring on week 2! xx

WOW amazing results :D well done to both of you :)

Wow that is phenominal! I bet you'r on cloud 9 right now! Long may it last!

Thought i'd pop in to say hi and...WOW! What great losses! Well done both of you x x

Oh myyyy :eek:

Those results are absolutely awesome well done Alex here's to week 2 chick :D

X

yay!! thats brilliant hunni, well done! you should be very proud of yourselves. Bring on week 2! xx

Hi Alex, well done to both of you!! I hate that men seem to looser quicker and have higher losses ;) You've done amazing though! 16lbs has put a real dent in it, and feels great to have lost that doesn't it! So pleased for you!

It is sad the losses can't always be like that but they even out to loose on average a stone a month or just over, which is great, there's nothing else that can give us these results and although it's hard I think it's so worth it for the short term. :)

Come December you could be down another 3 stone or more, you'll be slinky and sexy this Christmas hun :giggle:

Thanks for your lovely replies everyone! We were really amazed at how much we'd lost!! :D I knew I'd done alright-ish, as my trousers were fitting better, and I thought The Man seemed skinnier when I saw him, but I had no idea we'd done that well.

Well we're into week 2 now, and still going strong - although I'm still struggling with hunger quite badly :(
I'm honestly not having anything that I shouldn't be, I'm drinking plenty, and I'm pretty sure I'm in Ketosis because my breath is pretty foul, but yet I'm still hungry :confused:

I'm hoping it doesn't carry on indefinitely, because this is going to be a long hard slog if it does!

Could it be that I just need to wait for my stomach to 'shrink' a bit? I really did push the boat out before starting Exante, and I ate everything in HUGE portions, so I'm wondering if I'm suffering now because my stomach is just a big empty cavern!!?

Well, we're now officially half way through the second week :D
It's getting a bit less interesting now, since we're nearly at the end of our first bumper pack, and the only flavours left are the ones we've been putting off eating!
I'm still getting quite hungry, but I've managed to keep myself busy today and it hasn't been quite as bad. I took the afternoon off work using my flexitime and did some spring cleaning at home, which I really wasn't in the mood for! I battled on with it though and now the downstairs of the house is all lovely and clean :)
The upstairs is still a work in progess, but I think rather than doing it all in one go, I might take the time to do a bit each evening when I get home from work.
I had great plans when I started Exante - I saw myself really getting stuck into all those jobs around the house that I'd been putting off - but all I've done so far is laze around watching TV and browsing Minis!

The bad news is that I found out this afternoon that my car needs a new petrol tank at the cost of £380! :eek: Turns out that because my car is 10 years old now, it's not possible to get non-genuine parts for it, so I have to fork out £218 for a brand new one from Toyota, plus VAT, plus labour!

At least I'm saving money on my weekly food shopping bill!!

Can't believe it's only a couple of days until our second weigh in! And I'm pleased to report that the hunger has subsided quite a lot now!

Just a shame I feel a bit off-colour today - just a headache and general grogginess, but I'm hoping an early night will sort that out. I've been drinking as much water as I normally do, so I don't know what's caused it! :(

Our second order of Exante was delivered today to The Man's house - we did it via Ebay this time so it's not quite a full bumper pack, but it'll keep us going for a little while. We've also got plenty of Tesco bars to keep us going (I'm loving these at the moment!! So much nicer than the Exante ones!)

Hi Alex - you're doing brilliantly:) Well done on your losses - that's fantastic :).

Sorry to hear about the car - mine died earlier this year :(
Money just slips away doesn't it?

Good luck to you both for your weigh in on Sunday and the quest for the raspberry bars :)

Lesley x

Hey Alex
Just read through your diary and wow what amazing losses :D
Just wanted to call in and say hi and good luck for your next WI :)

Hello :) Thanks for popping in, and for your lovely post...only another full day until weigh-in on Sunday. I haven't peeked at all, so I have no idea how I've done - and I know the man hasn't either, as I have the scales at my house!

Hi Alex - you're doing brilliantly:) Well done on your losses - that's fantastic :).

Sorry to hear about the car - mine died earlier this year :(
Money just slips away doesn't it?

Good luck to you both for your weigh in on Sunday and the quest for the raspberry bars :)

Lesley x

I found the raspberry bars!!! I went to a different Tesco on my way to an appointment for Diamond Dermabrasion (Groupon bargain!!) on Monday, and I managed to get some there.
I must say....they're absolutely gorgeous! So much so, that I'm planning to forget the Exante bars altogether and just buy those and the chocolate ones!

Better news on the car as well - the mechanic got back to me yesterday and he thinks he's managed to find me a second hand petrol tank which will cost £250 all-in. Not ideal...but better than £380! Money really does slip away...and I had far better plans for that money! :rolleyes:

Well it's our second weigh in day today...we were both a bit unsure of what to hope for, given our big losses last week, but as it turns out we didn't have anything to worry about!
I lost 6.5lbs :banana dancer: and The Man lost 8.5lbs! :bliss:

We're both absolutely blown away by those results, and more determined than ever to see this through until Christmas...
The Man is already over half way to his original Christmas target with three months still to go...so there's every chance he'll meet and surpass that target :)

We both know that things will slow down - maybe week three will be a slow one, but these two weeks along have taken a big chunk out of our original expectations!

I'm also happy because I've re-lost the binge weight I gained pre-exante, and I'm only a couple of pounds away from my lowest weight of last year (15st 4ish). Most of all I'm looking forward to getting back into the 14s, because then I'll feel like I'm losing real weight, rather than weight I've been losing and regaining for a couple of years now.

Then it'll just be a matter of battling on, until I (hopefully) get back to my lowest weight of 2007/2008 which was 12st 7....but I don't want to get too far ahead of myself....being that weight is such a distant memory, so just being in the 14s will be good enough for me! :)

Hope everyone is having a good weekend
x

Just been reading through your diary .. and just wanted to say a mahooooooosive well done xx you and THE MAN lol have done amazingly well xx

Not too much to report over the last few days! We're still keeping strong and staying motivated :)
The weekend was probably the trickiest time we've had yet to be honest - The Man went to visit his family for the day, and I went to Manchester to visit my friend overnight - so I had to take my packs with me and resist temptation when we stopped for food/drink breaks while we were out shopping (although I did stare at the cake cabinet in Cafe Nero for an innapropriately long time ;))
We both did well in the face of temptation though! The Man just had a tiny amount of ham...but he was offered a ham sandwhich, amongst other things, so it could have been a lot worse!

This week has been fine so far - we're still both thinking of staying on Exante until at least Christmas (with AAM week somewhere along the line) so we decided to put in a big order the other day that will hopefully see us through until Christmas.
We've decided to get one bumper pack of shakes, one of soups, and we're going to supplement them with Tesco bars and some Slim and Save products that we've got.
It does seem like a big committment spending so much money up front, but we're hoping that it'll keep us on the straight and narrow! And at least we don't have to spend anything on food shopping for a while yet!!

Back