DQ in 2007!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How I cried when I had to give back my lovely car after leaving work. My kids still tease me about it! Didn't have a car for 6 months and love my current old banger!
How are things with you?

It's been a day and a half already!! :eek:

Got to the Princess Royal in plenty of time, and despite losing the letter managed to find where we were supposed to go. Unfortunately the nurse didn't book us in, so at 9.30 Rob went up to the desk and asked if they had booked us. Major :oops: and we were then called straight away!! Dr got me to strip down, did some tests of sensation, strength, etc. Asked me about my weight, smoking, etc.

Basically, I have two bulging discs. He doesn't want to go down the route of surgery in case something goes wrong which would make things worse :( He wants me to lose some more weight - told me well done on maintaining while all this was going on, but to go ahead and do 790 - 1000. Yoga to build my core strength, keep with the painkillers but if I was feeling bad to call them and they could do spinal injections that might help :shock: Wants me to cut down/stop smoking as it can affect the cartilage or summat, but wants me to concentrate on the weight first. :cool:

So I go back in 6 months. I need to check with my GP to make sure she is happy with me doing CD, and then hopefully it's back on the wagon and really going for it this time.

After the hospital, Rob took me to Cliffords in Hove and bought me some car seat covers for the back of the new car - they need to be split as it goes down 60/40 so couldn't use any of the ones I had. He then took me to town, and I bought some boots to replace my 2 year old ones that had split. And now we're home!!

Picking up the car after 4 p.m. this afternoon, so should be back to motoring pretty soon, but on the whole it's not been too bad. :D Am pleased that the Dr didn't recommend surgery (yet) because I would like to see if yoga/losing weight will help first. And I am managing the pain quite well now, so not messing with what works!!

Phew, what a day! Glad you got the ok to get back onto 790/1000, hopefully the pain will ease in a few weeks and it would be great if you could avoid surgery. A few years back they would have had you on bed rest if not traction!
Really surprised to hear you smoke....your skin is so good would not have believed it, (not meaning to offend any smokers). I know a lot of people who've successfully given up using either hypnotherapy or a book by Allen Carr. One friend got on a train to Scotland at London, read his book and got off in Scotland as a non smoker!
Hope you're happy with your new car....very difficult to manage without one these days. :D

Really surprised to hear you smoke....your skin is so good would not have believed it, (not meaning to offend any smokers). I know a lot of people who've successfully given up using either hypnotherapy or a book by Allen Carr. One friend got on a train to Scotland at London, read his book and got off in Scotland as a non smoker!

I think I can thank my mother for my good skin :cool: We have the Alan Carr book - Rob got it for Christmas last year, but looks like I'll be the first one using it :rolleyes:

Splash said:
Hope you're happy with your new car....very difficult to manage without one these days. :D

She's lovely!!!! :D Had to drive back in the dark in the pouring rain, but it was such a pleasure to drive - no worries at all!! :cool:

Checking in before the weekend. Am off on the first of the family visits - Cambridge tomorrow to see my sister :cool: - so won't be back til Sunday. Hope everyone has a blissful Saturday in spite of the weather and catch ya when I get back :wavey:

Ciao! Hope you had a great weekend

Ciao! Hope you had a great weekend

Hiya honey!! :wavey:

I had a lovely Saturday with my sister. Woke up early and drove up in the Volvo - an incredibly comfortable drive, complete with heated seats (hot bum anyone?!! :p ) Had a great time chatting, helping with the cooking, and generally getting some big sister advice and love! :D

Stayed overnight in a hotel - Sophia and Isabella had the bed, I had the sofa bed which folded out on the floor! Next time, THEY can have the sofa bed on the floor - my poor back :eek:

Drive back today was very rainy, but even so was still quite pleasant and it was a gorgeous way to spend the weekend!! :cool: Just done the shopping online and settling down to do Isabella's hair for school, then it's chill time for me - bath, manicure, pedicure for the return to work :D

Just a quick check in. Am having a horrendous TOTM at the moment, and excrutiating back pain so not around very much. Surprisingly enough, doing ok apart from that. :wavey:

Hi ya DQ

Sorry you are suffering with TOTM, my friend who suffers with her back used to have terrible pains with that. She has now done with all that lark.

Hope you do ok with your yoga ~ its supposed to really help your core strength ( I have to do some core strength exercises when I am doing hydro, tried yoga too painfull for me though) Good luck with the docs advise to help your back, best to keep away from the surgery as long as you can

Posh new car and boots ~ hey look at you

I am suffering at the moment but just took some extra painkillers so on a bit of a high at the moment, don't care don't care la la la

Love to you and yours

Love your mez ~ its nearly the season to be jolly!!!

SHaza

Hello honey - sending some :hug99: your way. With my back being so bad, I have't started the yoga yet but am hoping to over the weekend. Got my 'drop in' evening, then popping round to my friend Jo's house so another successful day :clap:

hugz for you hun, stay well, check in soon x

Hey all!!

Got sporadic internet access hence my absence. All going well here - doing my hair today (pink bob braids :eek: ) and I really will try and get a photo up this time :rolleyes: Still suffering through TOTM but got my anti inflammatories and that has helped with my back big style. Also taken off the false nails - my nail beds are incredibly weak, and the nails are in a mess, but it means I can start the new year taking care of my hands - a manicure is always a good distraction from food!! :p

Hope everyone is having a good weekend, despite the weather, and will drop in when I can :wavey:

Hey all!!

Got sporadic internet access hence my absence. All going well here - doing my hair today (pink bob braids :eek: ) and I really will try and get a photo up this time :rolleyes: Still suffering through TOTM but got my anti inflammatories and that has helped with my back big style. Also taken off the false nails - my nail beds are incredibly weak, and the nails are in a mess, but it means I can start the new year taking care of my hands - a manicure is always a good distraction from food!! :p

Hope everyone is having a good weekend, despite the weather, and will drop in when I can :wavey:

Hiya D_Q your very daring with your hair it sounds gorgeous. I bought my self a hair dye today called plum power hope it turns out ok. I totally sympathise with you with the totm mine are doing my head in big time for the last 4 months I have been on for over a week :mad: blinkin periods grrr.

Are you sorted for Christmas? I am so giddy I am worse than the kids and I bet I am the first awake again this year on Christmas morning.:eek:

Thanks babes - love the piccie in your signature ;)

Got to thaNK KD for that one, I begged until she let me have it:p

Hope you are feeling better, hair sounds fab x

DH has gone to Wales for a funeral, so it's just me and Nina. A weird day - she misses her daddy - but am pleased with how things have gone. Am tired (stayed up late doing my hair, then couldn't sleep much last night) but just winding down now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back