Dreamaholic's diary - 20 pounds to go!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

I'm pleased to say the 1 pound gain I saw last week during the mid-week sneak peek is gone!! Weighed myself using the wii this morning, 71.2kg, which is 156.6 lb. A STS!! Thank goodness!! :)

Made some bread using the bread machine yesterday, needless to say, freshly baked bread is v. tempting and I know I had too much. Also had homemade katsu curry (pork chop was baked rather than deep fried), and used the left over curry to make curry pan (a deep-fat-fried bread roll with curry filing).

24/10 (Sunday)

Breakfast: fat free yogurt + 21g all bran (half of HeB)
Lunch: homemade katsu curry (with onion and carrots)
Snack: strawberries with fat free yogurt, homemade bread
Dinner: chicken cucumber salad, curry pan.

Not gonna work out how many syns coz I simply don't know. I'm just gonna draw a line and be good from today!!

I think I'm still gonna do EE, as it's much easier, but I'll try not to eat carb for dinner, just meat and veg I think. See how this goes.

Yay for the STS :D No more sneaky peaks though becuase they just make you worry! Heres to a fresh new week :D

Glad it's a STS but would have loved a small loss. I'm 3 pounds away to get below the 11st mark, can't wait to be in the 10s!!!

Just bought the m&s dark truffle as really wanted something chocolatey. At 45 kcal a piece, it's only 2 syns each. Delicious. I've only had one so far, will make sure I wont have more than two or three a day.

OK had a sneak peek just now (Tuesday 26/10), 70.8kg = 155.76 pounds, lost 0.4kg (0.9 pounds) :D 0.76 pounds till my next goal of being under 155 pounds!

I know I shouldn't have mid-week sneak peek, but can't help it :p at least it's some good news today :)

Food diary for yesterday:

25/10 (Monday) - EE

Breakfast: left over fishy paella with onions and mushrooms, cucumber salad
Lunch: Salmon sushi set (2 syns with seeds sprinkle on top of salad and sesame seeds in sushi rolls)
Snack: 2 M&S dark choc truffle (2 syns each, so 4 syns), fat free yogurt, banana, alpen light bar (half of HeB), 2 malteasers (how many syns each? if two mikado sticks are 1 syn, can I assume 2 malteasers are worth 1.5 syn?)
Dinner: roast butternut squash and parsnip with rosemary and oregano, baked fish fillet with red onion and herbs

Total: 2 + 4 + 1.5 = 7.5 syns

Overall a good day I think.

Superfree intake:
cucumber (s)
banana
onion (s)
mushroom (s)
red onion (s)
butternut squash (s)
salad leaves
carrots (s)

quite a lot of speed food here :D

Last edited:
Went shopping in oasis during lunch break, mid season sale, bought 3 items :) a floral dress for a friend's wedding, a dress and a top for work / going out. All three items were reduced to twenty quid, bargain :) they had no size 14 for the work dress, 16 was loose but 12 was very body hugging (but it fitted!) bought 16 but will wear with a belt. :D

26/10 (Tuesday) - EE

Breakfast: chicken noodles with onion, spinach and mushroom (was making packed lunch, had a few mouthfuls as my brekkie)
Snack: 2 square chocolate (45 kcal each so 4.5 syns)
Lunch: chicken noodles with onion, spinach and mushroom
4.00pm Snack: 1 square chocolate (2.25 syns), apple
6.30pm Snack: strawberries + all-bran (HeB) + fat free vanilla yogurt
Dinner: korean style bean sprout salad (Korean recipes: Soybean sprout side dish (kongnamul muchim) - Maangchi.com) curry pan (8 syns est - some free food in this, like chicken, onion, egg)

Total: 4.5 + 2.25 + 8 = 14.75 syns

I had abit of a diarrhoea from 5pm today... so hopefully my stomach can't absorb the whole 8 syns of the curry pan...

Superfree intake:
apple (s)
banana
onion (s)
mushroom (s)
red onion (s)
spring onion (s)
spinach (s, c)
bean sprouts (s)
garlic (f)
strawberries (ss)

making the superfree list makes me feel like I've been a good girl :D

27/10 (Wednesday) - EE

Breakfast: leftover roasted parsnip, butternut squash, red onion and fish chunks
Snack: banana, grapes, 2 small tuna cucumber sandwich (1 piece of brown bread, which is half of HeB), 3 prawn parcels made with some sort of pastry (these parcels did not feel buttery / oily at all, assume 3 syns) and fromage frais (not sure if these are fat-free, assume 3 syns), 1 cheese stick (2 syns)
Late lunch: chicken noodles with onion and mushroom
Snack: satsuma
Dinner: fish chunks + tofu + broccoli + konnyaku stew (1 teaspoon of korean hot pepper paste, 1 syn), fried egg white (egg yolk was used to make bread on Sunday...)
9pm: chocolate truffle (2 syns)
11pm: 175ml full fat milk (HeA), chocolate truffle (2 syns)

Total: 13 syns

Superfree intake:
banana
grapes
satsumas (s)
mushroom (s)
red onion (s)
broccoli (s)
butternut squash (s)

Last edited:
had a sneak weigh just now (did the simple test thing on Wii) :p , lost 0.1kg, now 70.7kg = 155.5 pounds. have officially lost 1 pound!! Hurray!!

I'm using the wii fit as my weighing scale as I no longer go to groups. I think the readings are good enough

Wahoo, 1lb loss already, well done! You could maybe even turn it into 2lbs by Monday :D

I have decided to move my weigh in day to Wednesday, because I tend to eat out over the weekend and I do want a day or two of super healthy eating to undo the damage before I weigh myself :p

This will also mean I will have the same weigh-in day as Emily and 10st10lbs! We can support each other hehe :D

yayyyy :D shall we have a new thread for it so we don't end up getting confused with writing on each others diaries? xxx

Yay let's have a new thread for this!! :)

Woohoo!! Same weigh in day!! :D The last class I went to was on a Monday and I came to realise this wasn't the best idea as I too tend to sometimes eat a bit more at the weekends. So I think wednesday is a good idea so you can fill up on lots of superfree superspeed food on Mon and Tues, lol.

28/10 (Thursday)

Breakfast: left over roasted butternut squash, red
onion
, parsnip and fish chunks
Snack: strawberries + fat free yogurt,
mini flapjack (around 3cm x 3cm x 2cm, from sainsbury bakery)
4 syns? *(that little chunk can't be more
than 80 calories, right...)
Lunch: caeser * salad with roast chicken
breast pieces and avocado (is this free or is there a syn value?) 2
tablespoon of dressing (4 syns) cranberry
juice (4 syns) *I thought I'd be healthy by
ording a salad... it's still pretty synful! *I may as well have the
haddock risotto with poached egg, that looked really yummy!!
Snack: banana, M&S truffle
(2 syns)
Dinner: chicken cucumber salad, with spring onion, in
a garlic / ginger dressing

Total: 14 syns

Superfree intake
Banana
Cucumber
Red onion (s)
Butternnut squash (s)
Spring onion (s)
Ginger
Salad leaves
Strawberries (ss)

Can't believe I haven't updated since last Thursday…

29/10 (Friday)

Breakfast: leftover stir-fried noodles with onion, mushroom and chicken
Lunch: Itsu salmon sushi + salad , with a sprinkle of seeds 2 syns
Snack: banana, fat free yogurt
Dinner: sushi, sashimi (some seaweed and spring onion in the sushi), green tea icecream 5 syns

Total: 7 syns

30/10 (Saturday)

Breakfast: leftover korean style fish + tofu soup with konnyaku and lots of spinach
Lunch: ham and salad sandwich made of brown bread (HeB), cappacino (the milk can count towards HeA?)
Snack: Alpen light bar 3.5 syns
Snack: tuna and spring onion sushi rolls, teriyaki chicken rice ball wrapped in seaweed
Dinner: a Japnese feast! sushi, radish salad, sashimi salad, spinach salad, grilled fish dishes, tempura, chicken skewer etc etc etc. a small slice of choc cake and some icecream too. Hard to guesstimate the number of syn

Total: 3.5 + X syns

31/10 (Sunday)

Breakfast: fat free yogurt with 21g of all bran (HeB) and strawberries
Lunch: crabsticks, ham, spinach and peas pasta noodle soup
Snack: 2 mini macaroons 5 syns
Dinner: chicken cucumber salad with garlic and ginger dressing, curry bread with chicken, carrot and egg (X syns)

Total: 5 + X syns
(I reckon the curry bread cant be more than 10 syns so I should be ok)

1/11 (Monday)

Breakfast: noodles soup with crabstick, fried egg white (fry-light) and chinese cabbage
Snack: alpen light bar x 2 (HeB)
Lunch: udon noodle soup with beef slices, onion and spring onion
Dinner: ??? (dining out with some girl friends… )

Total: 0 so far!! (saving the syn for the dinner tonight!)

Last edited:
instead of doing monthly photos I think I will do measurements (as its easier!)

Measurements as of 2/11/2010
Bust - 38"
Under bust/Waist - 32"
Waist - 31.5"
Tummy - 36" :(
Arms - 12.5"
Hips - 38.5"
Thighs - 22.5"

Back