Dreamaholic's diary - 20 pounds to go!

Thanks little sausage and Emily! Fingers crossed I'll get there next week!

Just noticed I've now got the 1 stone sticker back, and I've lost 9% so far!! Not far to go till my club10!!!! :D

dreamaholic said:
Just noticed I've now got the 1 stone sticker back, and I've lost 9% so far!! Not far to go till my club10!!!! :D

Excellent! Well done! They say that the 10% mark makes a huge difference to how you feel. I just hope I get there before too long!

X

actually my club10 = 166.5 x 0.9 = 149.85

which is less than 2 pounds away!

so... not long to go... hopefully!! :)

i find it very difficult to do food diary... *on the verge of giving up*

11/1 (Tues)
0900: ride porridge
1100: cereal bar
1220: toasted steak and cheese ciabatta from EAT - 591 kcal (how many syns with the ciabatta?)
1500: hot chocolate
1715: alpen light (HeB)
1900: grapes
2030: chinese cabbage cooked in miso soup (1 syn), rice with chicken, onion and egg (called oyako don in Japanese)

12/1 (Wed)
0800: Oyako don + broccoli
1215: Oyako don + broccoli
1300: cranberry juice (some syns)
1500: cafe mocha (some syns)
1600: fat-free yogurt, alpen light (HeB)
1930: dined out, had satay x 1, half a rice paper spring roll, chicken, rice, pak-choi stir fry, small slice of lemon cake.

goodness knows how many syns I've had!

Dont worry I'm not giving up completely... I just find it hard to estimate syn values, especially when eating out. I'll continue to watch what I eat, avoid fattening food and eat more veg, and will note down what I eat, hope I'll still continue to lose :) (I'll go back to syn counting if i stop losing, otherwise I really cannot be bothered)

Last edited:
I've been finding it really tough making myself do my food diary recently too hun. But I have found that I really go off track more than I thought when I don't stick to writing it.

I think because you've been doing SW for a while now you know how it works and what works best for you, so as long as you keep an eye on the syns and dont let the sneaky hidden ones in then you will be fine :)

Oh, I keep meaning to ask, you know in your signature you've got the link to your food diary and things? How to you name the link 'Food Diary' and not have the whole link showing like on mine? I've been puzzled by this for aaaaaages, lol.

I think doing the food diary helps, I'm sure working out the precise syn helps too but it's doing my head in! :p I hope I'll still lose by avoiding syns where possible apart from the occasions I dine out.

regarding the signature

37516-albums2678-picture17325.jpg

basically you'll need to be a geek and amend the code!

the URL = blablabla bit is the actual link

the highlighted bit is the words you want others to see (Food Diary in my example)

I hope this is clear enough and I haven't confused you! :p

Yay, managed to get it working :D Thank you!! I'm normally really good with computers, but obviously not internety stuff as this had me confused, lol.

dreamaholic said:
was watching "baking made easy" on BBC1... it's so good!

BBC - Food - Recipes from Programmes : Baking Made Easy

if only I could bake and eat those yummy food without having to worry about getting fat!

Love that programme! Once I've lost some weight I won't feel so bad about having a cupcake every now ad again... I just LOVE cupcakes!

the "I can't believe you made it" chocolate cake from the programme looks amazing!!! sooo wanna try making that one day!

13/1 (Thurs)
0900: rice porride with chicken slices and mushroom
1030: M&S chocolate cornflakes mini-bites x ?? (bought by colleague)
1200: M&S count on us crab risotto
1500: grapes
1600: fat-free yogurt, cereal bar
1830: udon noodle soup with pork slices, salad, fish and lotus chips, and ice cream

14/1 (Fri)
1100: cereal bar
1245: M&S count on us fish pie
1530: grapes
1630: cereal bar
1845: roasted butternut squash, rice with chicken, onion and egg
2000: biscuit x 1 (2.5 syns)

15/1 (Sat)
1100: peanuts
1300: rice with chicken, onion and egg
1500: peanuts
1600: biscuit x 1 (2.5 syns)
1800: grape juice (5 syns)
2100: tofu + konnyaku + broccoli + buna shimeji mushrooms in miso soup
2300: fat-free strawberry yogurt
Exercise: speed walking on treadmill for 30 min, 10 min body toning exercise

16/1 (Sun)
1100: rice porride with chicken slices and mushroom
1300: sashimi + sushi
1400: green tea and ginger ice-cream
1600: grapes
1900: ???

will probably have a light dinner... like veg and tofu in miso soup tonight.

played abit of wii this morning, lost 0.2kg since Wednesday, hope I'll see at least a 0.5 pound loss next Wednesday!

Ah I'm trying vey hard to stop myself from going to Paul and get a chocolate macaroon. Why why why do I love macaroon and why are they so tasty?

Ooo, yum, I LOVE macaroons!! Haven't had one in aaaages though. You are making me want one now, hehe.

17/1 (Mon)
0800: leek + cod + mushroom bake
1200: M&S seafood linguine
1600: apple + banana
1800: dinner at Jamie Italian - Italian nacho, mushroom fritter, feather steak with a HUGE tomato and rocket salad
2000: japanese dessert (made of sticky rice and red bean)
2200: biscuit (2.5 syn)

18/1 (Tue)
0800: leek + cod + mushroom bake
1000: grapes
1200: spinach + courgette + bean sprout + minced beef in a Korean style sauce
1300: japanese dessert (made of sticky rice and red bean)
1500: grapes
1600: apple + banana
1745: alpen light
2000: spinach + courgette + bean sprout + minced beef omelette, broccoli + chicken slices + mushroom stirfry
2100: biscuits x 2
exercise: ab + back toning class for 45 min

weigh in tmr, hope the low carb day today helped!!

Weighed this morning. 68.6 kg = 151 pounds. Lost 0.5 lbs. A little gutted.

Hope I'll get below 150 next week!

Well done on the loss hun! Don't be too disheartened, it might mean you will be in for a bigger loss next week to make up for it :D

Back