Dreamaholic's diary - 20 pounds to go!

emily87 said:
Well done on the loss hun! Don't be too disheartened, it might mean you will be in for a bigger loss next week to make up for it :D

Thanks! Well I did lost 2.5 pounds the week before so maybe that's why I lost less this week - have lost 3 pounds this month so it's not too bad. Hope I'll get under 150 next week!

10st10lbs said:
Hello beautiful! Macaroons are yum! Once at target, go crazy with them lol :D

I lost 2lbs today, thought I'd come share the news :) xxx

Well done with the 2 pounds loss :)

Just had m&s seafood linguine for lunch, now heading to Paul for a macaroon. 7 days till next weigh in, I need a macaroon :p

Nom nom nom. Enjoy hun!

Just resisted getting a packet of kettle chips. Well done me!!

Well done :D wish i could say the same - M&S at lunch time and i ended up buying a very naughty back of cheese wotsit type things... my only redemption is i stapled the bag up when i had half and started to feel bad (gone over my syns this week already u see)

Ooo, I love kettle chips. Well done!

Ahhhh can't believe I haven't logged my food diary since TUESDAY!

OK I can't remember what I had so many days ago.

Fri - 21/1

0800: leek + cod + mushroom bake
0930: hot chocolate (68 kcal so 3.5 syns)
1200: apple
1300: toasted chicken + mushroom ciabatta <-- 409 kcal. some syns with the bread and mayo
1600: apple
1900: dined out at a Korean restaurant, had bean sprout salad, beef tartar with pear slices, grilled beef wrapped in lettuce, rice in a stone bowl (with spinach, bean sprout and beef strips), ginseng chicken soup

Sat - 22/1

0830: rice porridge
1315: gelato (180 kcal which is 9 syns)
1430: tried out Jamie Oliver's meaty restaurant (Barbacoa) winter berry cocktail (non alcoholic so some sort of mixed fruit juice, 5 syns) , pate + bread, scallop salad, pork cheek, half a burger, creamed spinach, pork shoulder + coleslaw - goodness knows how many syns
2030: Chinese cabbage in miso soup (1 syn), shirataki noodles

Sun - 23/1

1100: banana
1300: Chinese dim sums (abit like tapas) - eg pork bun, chive dumpliings etc (goodness knows how many syns)
1600: biscuits x 3 (2.5 syns each, say, so 7.5 syns)
1700: banana with fatfree yogurt and a sprinkle of all bran, weetabix x 1 with full fat milk (my HEX)
1900: chicken cucumber salad in ginger / garlic dressing
2100: chicken soup

I'll be going out for dinner on Monday, Tuesday, and possibly Thursday as well. It's going to be fun catching up with old friends, but not so great diet-wise. Fingers crossed for some losses next Wednesday. I'm not feeling hopeful :( I do want to get under 150 lb!!!! Maybe I should offset the damage by having salads for lunch in the next few days!

Last edited:
Trying to monitor how much water / tea I drink. Since I got into work at 9, I've had 3 green tea and 4 water. It's now almost 11am. Do I drink too much?

Don't worry hun, I've been rubbish with my food diary over the weekend too! Looks like you've got a lovely week ahead, lots to look forward to.

How big are your glasses of water? Like my glasses are big, about 1 pint so 4 in 2 hours would be a lot, lol. Do you tend to drink more in the morning than the afternoon?

Do you not find you need the toilet drinking all that?? I know I don't drink enough - so far I've had one cup of tea today, but already I need the toilet!!! I find tea and NAS juice especially make me go more often, which is why I don't drink a lot while I'm at work - my boss would think I had a bladder problem, which I'm sure I don't!! xx

I think the cup is around 200-250ml. And I do go to the ladies quite often. Maybe 3 times so far today (it's now 2pm) I know I drink alot but if I drink less I feel thirsty... Would u call this a drinking problem? Lol

If it's not alcohol, it's not a problem!!!

Just weighed myself, have gained 1.5 pounds! :(

Have been dining out for lunch on sat and sun, and for dinner mon and tues... (with wine and champagne and bread..)

So I guess I deserve it.....

Well at least I know where the gain came from!! Will draw a line and get on with my weightloss journey! Hope to report a better gain next week!!

Just weighed myself, have gained 1.5 pounds! :(

Have been dining out for lunch on sat and sun, and for dinner mon and tues... (with wine and champagne and bread..)

So I guess I deserve it.....

Well at least I know where the gain came from!! Will draw a line and get on with my weightloss journey! Hope to report a better gain next week!!

If you had a good time with friends then don;t worry about it and like you say.. draw a line. I think from time to time we need these blow outs as i don't know about you but at times i feel i can be a tad obsessive about what goes into my mouth, planning ahead etc... consuming a lot of my head space... a blow out from time to time (i believe i am sure others won't) can sometimes give you a bit of a breather and 'letting your hair down' so to speak...

I agree - you definitely need these blow outs occasionally, otherwise we would all be bored to tears with SW as it would be a very boring life!! xx

Absolutely. But I think I need to take more care not to let this happen too regularly. I do dine out quite alot with hubby and friends... once in a while is ok, but not too often :p

Hi Dream - sorry to see you had a gain, but at least you know what caused it!

If your social life revolves around eating (as mine does!), try and make just one or two small changes to your meal and enjoy the rest - so that you don't feel too deprived! I eat curry out quite a lot, and have swapped from a balti (which has a lot of oil) to a dhansak, which has lentils and pineapple and isn't so oily, and I've swapped nan bread for boiled rice. But I still have a poppadom and, occasionally, an onion bhaji!

I think if I had to change my social life to fit in with an eating plan, I'd find it much harder to stick to and I'd feel deprived - this way I might have to put up with slower losses, but at least I know I can keep going!

Hope you have a better WI this week! x

Spanx said:
Hi Dream - sorry to see you had a gain, but at least you know what caused it!

If your social life revolves around eating (as mine does!), try and make just one or two small changes to your meal and enjoy the rest - so that you don't feel too deprived! I eat curry out quite a lot, and have swapped from a balti (which has a lot of oil) to a dhansak, which has lentils and pineapple and isn't so oily, and I've swapped nan bread for boiled rice. But I still have a poppadom and, occasionally, an onion bhaji!

I think if I had to change my social life to fit in with an eating plan, I'd find it much harder to stick to and I'd feel deprived - this way I might have to put up with slower losses, but at least I know I can keep going!

Hope you have a better WI this week! x

Thanks for your tips. What you said made complete sense. I can't give up my social life so that I could lose weight. I will go mad I think. So I'll just be sensible and opt for healthier options.

And maybe eat more veg and fruit when I'm not going out to balance out.

Back