Dress sizes and weight loss

I'm also 5 foot 8, at my smallest I was 10 stone but never any smaller than a size 12 because I have hips and boobs. Then I gradually put weight on, I went upto 13 stone 10 and stayed at that for what seemed like a lifetime and I was always a size 16. When I got pregnant last year I went upto 15 stone 10 and after I had the baby in September I was in a size 18 bottoms and 16 baggy tops. When I started WW in the new year I was 14 stone and still inn a size 18. I have only just got back into my size 16s and I am 13 stone 4 now, sorry hope that helps. I am trying to get into a size 14 as I think this will be around the right size for my shape and height. I really don't know how much I will have to lose for this though as it is 3 stone different to when I was a size 12!

I'm 14st 11lb and I'm 5ft 6 I'm an 18 on bottom and 16 on top.

I am 177lbs and I am a size 14-16. Actually more of a 16, but it depends on the shop.

I tend to buy 16 because then it is slightly bigger, and therefore more flattering.

Interesting to see that CarolingG is 3 inches taller than me and a size lower at similar weights. At 5Ft6 and 19-20stone, I was in 26s, and occassionaly a 28 still fitted. Mind you, I wore those sizes at 22 stone too.

I'm 18st4lbs now and in 24s and a few smaller 26s. Very satisfactory to be in clothes I had grown too fat to wear. I am at the charity shop everyweek clearing out the clown clothes. I've also noticed my shoes are looser, and I wouldn't have said I had fat feet.....

Still wearing the 42DDD but won't be for much longer.

Roll on the 22s and some new intermediate clothes for the journey down to 10 or 12!

Ali

it's such a good feeling when you go down a size isn't it?

Almost more than the 1lbs shed!

definitely! As I am fitting into smaller clothes, but not losing much I feel better because I can fit into the smaller clothes!

Interesting thread.
If it's any use to anyone I'm 5ft 0 tall, at my smallest I was a size 10 and a little under 11 stone if I remembr rightly, my largest a size 20 at 15st 10, and currently a size 12 (most dresses) at 11st 13lbs :)

Interesting read, just reminds me how different everyone really is. If it helps anyone out, I'm 5'2 and last weigh in was 11 Stones and a 14 jeans size. My top size can vary between a 14, 16 and sometimes even 18 as I'm quite big in the chest area. When I was a stone heavier I wore a size 16 so looks like the 1 dress size down per stone lost theory is pretty common when you get down to 14/16. :)

I'm 5ft 3.5 and 12st 2ish 170lbs.

At 220lbs wore size 22 tops and 18 bottoms.

I was 182 and size 18/20 on top and 16 bottom.

Am now 14-20 on top and 14-16 bottom.

At my target weight of 147 was size 12/14 on top and 6-8 bottom. In fact had to change target weight from 137 to 147 as looked ill. Wish I had that problem now.

I lift weights and do yoga and winsor pilates which keeps me looking a size smaller than most people at my weight.

From reading here, it is clear my body shape is inverted, lop sided apple weeble!

So 5ft 6ins and just under 18stone at 251lbs - and fitting into size 22 bootcut jeans (just!) from George/ASDA. Yea!

I'm motivating myself by having a size down before I can get into them so also bought some size 20s. I was astonished the size 22s fit when I tried them on yesterday. They are tight-ish on the thighs but it's the first time for ages I've had trews that are tight on the thighs by design.

Ali

Hi there I don't know if this can help you, I'm 5' 2.5" and at my highest 15 st I was wearing size 24 clothes. When I started WW I was 14st 2.5 and I was a size 20/22. Now I'm 8 st and wear a size 6 in most shops (that have it) and size 8 for some jeans, especially skinny and superskinny (I've never tried those but probably I would be a size 10 there LOL).

I'll write down what weight I was when I changed sizes this second time I lost weight. I hope I would never have to check the accuracy of this again (e.g. put on again ;)):

start: 83.7 Kg - VERY VERY VERY TIGHT size 14 (really, size 16!)
80.9 - size 14 fit well
73.3 - size 12 fits!
69.4 - size 10 fits (M&S)!!!
66.2 - size 10 fits everywhere!
60.8 - size 8 fits!!!
53.5 - size 6 fits!!!!!!

Now I'm 51 Kg and size 6 fits in all shops except for some type of jeans.

Hope this will help someone xx

Keep the information comming ladies, I'm sure everybit of information is usefull to someone else and spurs someone on to loose, Thanks for all the contributions so far :)

Hi,

I am also 5ft8 but have had 2 kids so have a bit of a mummy tummy going on which I am very conscious of so maybe without it I could wear smaller sizes but here are my clothes sizes over the last 18 months.....

I joined Weightwatchers in summer 2010 and i weighed 15st and was a 18 bottom / 20 top.

I started the W8 diet 18 months later weighing 13st and was a 16 bottom / 18 top.

Right now I am 11.4lbs and have just gone into a 14 bottom / 16 top.

They say you go down a size with every stone you loss but I have found I only drop a size with every 2 stone I loss.

I have been a big girl all my life so I will be over the moon to reach my goal of 10.7 but I just didn't think I'd still be a size 14/16 when I got there as I was thinking more 12/14 but I suppose everyone's different.

Hope this helps :)

I was size 16 at 187lbs, down to size 12 at 154lb.
If you are interested i found this visual chart of peoples photos showing their height and weight, find the one that corresponds to your height and weight and it is interesting so see how good they look compared to how you feel you look!!

Photographic Height/Weight Chart

i started at 17st 4lbs and was a size 20 both top and bottom though very occassionally depending on where i shopped i would have to go for a size 22 top due to being a 40HH. I'm 5' 10" if that helps at all.

i've been dieting since 3rd Jan and have lost 25lbs so almost 2 stone which i was really happy with however am still having to get size 20 clothes which i'm quiet gutted about. people say i look a lot slimmer and say can see i've lost weight but i dont get how if am still the same dress size. Was really trying to drop my dress size so i could shop in my old fav store and not have to go to places for larger ladies.

Keep the information comming ladies, I'm sure everybit of information is usefull to someone else and spurs someone on to loose, Thanks for all the contributions so far :)

I've found this really interesting, thanks to OP for starting it :)

Someone, I think Bordersgirl, posted this great link somewhere. It compares yr measurements to a good list of shop sizes. Really useful. Enjoy!

What Size Am I?

Ali

Back