dress sizes?

Our bodies change as we get older!

Having lost 4 stones I am still heavier than I was 15 years ago yet I am wearing smaller sizes now than I was then!

I am thinner in the face, neck and shoulders too.

Right now I have no idea what I am going to look like when I have lost another 7 stones!!

I was in Principles yesterday and saw an olive green long cardigan (down to the knees). I didn't want to waste £45 on something I won't be able to wear soon but really love it so was thinking of buying it for the size I'll be by Christmas. The 12 fits me okay but is a bit clingy on the butt and as I plan on losing another 2 stones 5 pounds I can't work out what size to get.

I explained my dilemma to the Assistant and I said that there is no way I am really a 12 at the mo (5'4.5" and 11 stone 5 pounds). She told me to remember that they have dramatically changed the sizes over the years as people got bigger and the fashion industry decided it is better to 'flatter' people rather than let them know their true size. Bit deflating but I suppose it's as well not to kid myslef I am a 12 when I'm really not.

Still doesn't help with the cardie - I think I'll need it in a 6 and I don't ever want to be that small a size even if it's not really a 6. Guess I'll have to leave it and hope it is still available later on.

Back