Drop in clothes size

the true me

Hi All.

This is the second time I've lost this amount of weight, and the same thing has happened. Clothes are slightly loose, but nowhere near dropping a size.

Am interested in how long it took you to drop a size?

I'm not really too worried, because I know that it will happen. I am just wondering what the average is, especially if someone is as large as me (20 stone).

Thanks!

hi i started of at 16 stone and a size 22/24 now im 12 11 and a size 16 started october had a break 4 exmas and restarted jan 20

I think it depends on the shape of your body. The last time I lost weight, I managed to lose about 20 lbs and still hadn't changed sizes. Of course it probably doesn't help that I mostly wear stretchy clothes anyway. Right now, I wear XL shirts, underwear and sweat pants most of the time.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

i have to lose 2 stone and maybe a little more to lose a dress size
xx

If you are larger you will find it is probably a loss of a stone to two before you drop a dress size. I was almost 21st and after losing 2st I hadn't dropped a dress size yet. Since starting CD I have lost 4st and 3 dress sizes. So in essence it's been 2st off for a drop in dress size. However now am expecting a stone off for a dress size as I have lost all the excess weight in areas it shouldn't be i.e. waist, back etc etc. Hope this helps.

Good question i was wondering the same. I was 17 st 3 last week and a size 20 for tops and bottoms.

Have lost 12lbs this week but still comfy in all my clothes so not down a size yet but havent tried any size 18's yet.

Cant wait to go down a couple of sizes!

I started at 14st8lb, I found after a couple of weeks things feeling looser, I am only 5ft 3 too. I know I am a pear shape (hoping for an hourglass under there somewhere teehee)

I went from 18 (refusing to move into 20!) and now a 16, not tight, I tend to wear jeans so the are not very giving for any weight gain!!

I have lost 20lb too (yippee to us both) :) But not dropped a size.. I can get into my 'skinny' 18's now though.. I can actually get into a 16 pair of jeans today but too much of a muffin going on for my liking! lol

We'll get there.. for sure! :D Well done on your weight loss :)

I think i read on the weight watchers forum (Offical one) that you wont drop a dress size at first because, more thank likely alot of people tend to wear smaller sizes. If that makes sense. So in reality i wear a size 22 but i should really be a size 24. This means that the first dress size you drop will be the dress size you are now.

Hope that makes sense hunny xx

Again, thank you for all your great replies. My housemate said that she could see a major change in the way I look (especially the way a specific shirt fits) I think I need to move out of thinking I am a fat person, and think of myself as I am becoming!

Back