Dukan Do It....

Hope you're having a wonderful birthday DF :) xxx

Thank you hun xx

Passion, yes I did have my treats LOL and my leg is 100% better thank you xx

Thanks trini and Sid. xxx

Well lets see, can't rem last time I was on, so I'll start with thurdsday last week. we went to the Yorkshire Wildlife Park, where I was so excited to be seeing Lions, Tigers and Bears.....oh my, oh sorry couldn't resist, actually no bears but they did have leopards too. The tiger even stood up from his lazing place and walked a bit closer to us...stood side on so we could see his profile and flopped down again. ooooo I do love tigers.

I had a treat at the end of the day, and all that walking, of a Mr Whippy Ice Cream. I debated whether to get a Calipo push up lolly or the ice cream. In the end I decided dairy was better than fruit......never mind the fat, carbs etc LOL.

Friday, my birthday. My porridge was made to perfection by my ten year old DD and brought to me in bed. I had a couple of friends visit and for one of them I opened the box of milk tray i was given last week. I initially had 1 choc, having promised myself 2-4 in the day....couldn't decide on the number. In the end thorugh the whole day I had 8 ooo eerrrr, and do you know what...i didn't enjoy them. They actually tasted almost greasy (fatty).

I did however totally enjoy my two small home grown jacket potatoes, very very nice and crispy, just how I like them. Also nice piece of steak with lovely salad and garlic mushrooms all for my tea. Afters (cos wasn't getting birthday cake (own choice)), was a magnum style ice cream. I did steal 3 chips off other two plates, just to see what they tasted like. ;-)

And at supper time had a bag of prawn cocktail crisps. So in one day i had a taste of 4 things I have been missing, 1 didn't enjoy, 1 tasted hmm ok, adn the other two were divine.

Saturday morning back to normal and weigh in said stayed the same....Sunday said half pound on, which I expected. My Friday weigh in showed a loss of a pound in the 3 days since weighed and yesterday's official weigh in showed a lost of 3.5lb in the week. So I am a very happy womble at having had my lovely cheats/treats and enjoyed them. It hasn't made me swerve off the straight and narrow and now I'm looking forward to my Christmas treats. LOL

Forgot to add,

Hubby didn't get the Managerial position and is now out of work. He went in yesterday after a weeks holiday, had a meeting on a different site with his boss to talk about this and was told he was definately redundant and they would arrange for phone, laptop to be brought in.

His meeting was at 9.30 and when he went into work at 8am was having problems with his phone and texts. Turns out they had already disconnected his phones and laptop work connection.

The other person didn't get it either, she was due to find out in a sep meeting yesterday but apparantly last tuesday walking thru a corridor another member of staff said toher, sorry to hear you're losing your job..............how nasty and despicable of the company is that.

Turns out that they have known for a year they were going to make him redundant. And so they've put him through all the crap the last year, with his illness and disability for nothing. He's taking it to tribunal for unfair/constructive dismissal.

He's looking at loads of sites online and registereing with loads of recruitment agencies etc., Waiting for official letter and then we can sort Job Centre etc., so unfair.

Oh DF where to start

ok well I'm glad you had a good birthday and got through it unscathed :) totally agree regards milk tray the stuff isn't the same as it used to be fortunately/unfortunately :eek::)

I was at yorkshire wildlife park a few weeks ago with DD and had a thoroughly good time, amazing I never knew the place existed and always thought chester zoo was the closest place until it was mentioned to me by a friend :) glad you enjoyed it

As for the calamities with your hubby's work, bah.... seriously I have no faith in employers anymore - had more than my fair share of work-related bullying and general carp - enough to last me a lifetime, I have no words that wouldn't be censored to describe your hubby's treatment, hope he manages to get some sort of justice via the tribunal route and that the agency applications pay off

big hugs xxx

DF, so sorry about hubbys job, b******s trick. Hope something comes along soon xx

Hey honey so glad to hear you've had such an amazing birthday. Also so sad to hear about your hubs, worrying times for you all and I hope and pray that he will find something very soon. If you fancy a meet and a bit of crafting to take your mind off things give me a shout would love to meet. Hugs xx

Oh DF, that's a lot of highs and lows I've just been catching up with. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your bday treats and managed to stay in control of the food and discover the chocs weren't all that.

But how totally rotten about your husband and his work. That totally sucks. Nothing to say really, I just hope he finds something soon and that it's more rewarding than what he had before, I really do.

Chin up, keep going with the inspiring weight loss, at least that's something you can make sure you're in charge of! Jx

Thank you so much everyone, I'm really grateful to have a good bunch of friends to sound off to. I agree about employers these days, there is no loyalty to its employees, I found that when I was working and to a smaller degree the school I work for now. My hubby has done loads for them, worked god knows what hours, even when he was ill. They've been weird with him all the way though this Pulmonary Illness and since his accident at work....which solicitors have been messing about getting claim sorted for months now. Wish they'd hurry up.

I agree the weight loss is probably about the only thing I can control at the moment, and I'm doing well. I feel very positive about losing weight. Being able to see the difference with the photos helps. Also the clothes sizes changing. Only down side to no money coming in will be trying to get clothes LOL. Though i did get a pair of linen crop trousers and a blouse from the car boot on Sunday. 50p each, can't go wrong eh?

Bit bloated at the moment,but I think its TOTM looming.

DD has a friend sleeping over tonight which will no doubt mean a late night to sleep. Hope they don't get up too early in the morning LOL.

I've had a couple of ok days, lost this morning after a couple of days putting a tiny bit on, not unusual if its water retention. I decided yesterday to stear clear of any salt stuff, and didn't add it to anything, it seems to have helped. I'm so close to the next stone I can almost taste it.

I made salmon pate today, its really easy to make. I used one pack of Asda smart price salmon trimmings, 60g of quark, good splash of lemon and some dill. Mixed all in a blender and soooo yum. I had it on dukan bread for lunch, and finished it off for supper with some oopsie rolls. Made for the second time today and they were much better than last time. I reduced the quantities of the recipe to make less rolls, but it meant I don't have to try and store them.

The mixture made four good sized rolls and I feel as though i've cheated with them, yet its only two eggs and some quark...amazing what we can do with all these ingredients.

Its been a strange week, with DH and his now non job, he's working hard at trying to find a new job. The printer has broken and needs a new printhead. Each day seems to just have flown away yet with nothing to show for it.

Weekend again, where are the holidays going....

Hi Lotto, thanks for asking. yeah I'm fine. All sorts going on, not least being summer holidays and kids stuff LOL. Hubby finally got his letter with dates of termination, turns out it was yesterday, even though they told him a week ago. All confusing, but no P45 in the package cos we think they are holding it off as a threat in order to get back the laptop and phone. It means we can't put into motion all the usual Job seekers and mortgage insurance stuff til after tomorrow.

I didn't think anyone was reading my diary so kind of left it a bit LOL, I know I've had comments but last weeks posts weren't read I don't think....probably wrong, :D

This weeks weigh in's so far have ticked off another two goals.

On Tuesday I lost TWO STONE ......woohoo.
Today I lost into the next stone down....YAY!!!!

Feeling bloated today though, end of TOTM so its probably a mix of that and some of the veggies today...hopefully.

I've found that if I have my supper too late I don't lose the next day, supper has to be at 9pm ish to help, unfortuantely tonight it ended up being late, so hopefully tomorow isn't going to be a gain and make my 15s disappear.

Going for a nosey about, bound to be loads to read.

YAY!! great loss DK really pleased to hear it, and it didn't seem to take you that long either, well done xx.

thanks PF, am very pleased. And I'm not doing anything drastic either, just following exactly. Some days I feel as though I've eaten too much but I am still losing.

DF, I always read your diary xxx, will always leave a message now so you know I've been. fingers crossed for your hubby and by the way whoooooop well done your doing fab xxx 2 stone......

thanks sid. god I hope my comment didn't make you or anyone else feel I was having a dig. I don't really take note of the number of views and so without answers kind of figured it had disappeared of the new/subsribed threads or something LOL.

Hubby looking for jobs almost none stop, loads of recruitment agencies and stuff like that.

sid I just noticed how close you are to your goal, you go girl, wow can't wait to see you say you've done it. Nice one xx

Thanks DF, and know i didn't feel you were having a dig and don't think any one else would either, I think sometimes there are so many of us we read more than we post xxx

your going well DF :) keep it up xx

thansk guys, I had a couple of days of staying the same and then lost 2lb this morning. Its a good week hopefully. Will see what official morning says tomorrow.

I am having to swap a few days around with PV and PP cos I got my week wrong. Am going to my parents in the week and tuesday is their PP day, I had thought it coincided with my own but it doesnt LOL, its not a problem though, I'll just end up with two PV days together but I can do it and not go off the rails. :D Its ok. Had a lovely chicken salad for tea today, with my seaweed rolls for lunch. Yuuummmmm. I do love the seaweed.

We did the online JSA application on Friday, it tells you it will take approx 1 hour and says have bank/p45 details available. It took nearly three hours and asked questions like who our mortgage was, when did we start paying it, when was the last time we had jsa and when was it paid. Ridiculous, thankfully my filing system is fairly up to date and was able to sort it all out. Now we wait for them to ring to sort out interview for hubby to go in to and then how much and what Job seekers we will get.

He's looking at loads of jobs, applying for tonnes. Its been hard going back to only having the one laptop, although we have a pc it is in the loft (converted) and its a bit of a hike for poor hubbies knee when all he wants to do is check emails.

Right will have a nosey about a bit before bed. Had very late night last night and so am shattered.

Hope you still having a restful brank holiday x

Back