Dukan Do It....

Jojo, thats so true. It never even occured to me that I should give up, but I am pleased to have hopefully discovered the reason for my slowed down losses, I have always always aimed for the 2lb a week, assumign quarter pound a day, but obv I have done better than that overall lost again this morning, having only had 1 tolerated yesterday. today my PP day I didn't have the rhubarb for breakfast, and have only had a half teaspoon of tom puree to mix to my dressing for my seafood lunch. I will have my hot choc for supper as I have been having one of these every night for the last three months and can't do without it now LOL.

Just had an amazing pudding, all free, cos its mainly made from eggs and milk. See the Cream Cake recipe I've just put in the threads.

I am so so close to the 3 stone mark, and the 14s. I can't remember the last time I was 14 something. Though I know I have lost weight previously on WW and SW which would have got me very close to it. I seem to think I was in the 14s when i got pregnant in 2001, so 11 years ago.

Fantastic df, when you get to the 3 stone off mark......what an achievement and a boost for the rest xxx Have a good Dukan week xxx

thanks Sid. Its gonna happen sometime this week, jsut a matter of when LOL.

did someone mention cream cake :p

You're doing absolutely great, DF. I have rhubarb every morning, pp or no pp. But then I must admit I don't use cornflour or cocoa... But then I don't often follow recipes, eating everything very plain, which is probably not a good idea in the long run. it's a case of finding out through trial and error what works for you, I guess. Keep up the good work xx

thanks all.

I've done ok again with the tolerateds today. had my hot chocolate and thats all today.

I lost a total of 2.25lb this week. TOTM again though and started early again, felt very bloated this morning and in quite a bit of pain with cramps, but am better now this eve. had some more 'cream' for my pudding at lunch.

I bought a low fat yogurt from Aldi today for my muffins, it was vanilla with choc bits :eek: but was only 1g fat per 100g so I thought that was good. I made it into a muffin loaf instead of muffins buns. Cut the loaf in 4 which has given me a nice big block. I was able to slice that into about 7 slices. Similar sizes to malt loaf. I think I'm going to make it in a loaf from now on, I know its all in the mind, but this block and 7 slices seemed a lot more than 4 buns LOL!!!!

totm here too DF :( not expecting any losses this week, but a week of low self esteem and generally feeling flabby :( big hugs xxx

hugs to you too lotto, horrid time isn't it. Yuk!

yeah it sucks, I haven't felt "right" healthwise for about 3 weeks now :(....will be glad when totm bogs off :D...can get down to the serious business of busting some fat cells :) x

Great loss this week DF,keeping a check on your tolerated items must be paying off x

hope so, though it was a gain again this morning. I'm hoping its only TOTM. Fed up of stressing at the moment LOL.

I keep looking at my menu and thinking am I having too much, is that food too much for today....but then i think I've had days like this before and still lost. I really wish I could try and stay away from the scales for a few days so I could relax a bit, but its hard. i am almost obsessed now, I need to see what I've done that day. LOL.

So I had a bit of a light bulb moment earlier and thought, blow it, I know this works, I can eat as much protein as I like, so Dr D says....so stop worrying. Lets see how long the effects of my lecture last LOL.

The girls always say the more protein you eat the bigger the losses. You really do sound like you need to address the OCD with scales though Hun, our bodies are complex things & we will never ever fully understand why we gain when we've stuck to the plan to the letter.

In the past if I stuck to a plan but saw a gain it used to make me think sod it what's the point ! But with D I've never thought that - its odd.

You said it yourself, you know it works you are being honest with what you are putting in your mouth so try & relax up a little. You are doing fabulous x

Thanks Jo, the scales thing though is cos Dr D says to weigh every morning, now I have got into the habit of it I can't miss a day LOL, I wonder how I've done if I don't weigh.

Yes I know I've done well and I know it works, I am still very focused with it and don't think even once, right thats it then...done with.

Ithink i do quite well with my foods, todays menu for instance.

B - Porridge with oabran and milk. Yogurt with flavourings. Coffee
L - Two boiled eggs, dukan bread toasted. Jelly & yogurt.
D - Beef in peppercorn sauce. Milk pudding.
S - Crabstix, mussels, yogurt and muffin.

1 coke
3 coffees
1 water
1 Hot Choc = 6 drinks = 1.5ltrs

Right, think I need to go to bed, LOL, tomorrows another day. Thanks Jo xx

1.75lb down this morning...Phew thank goodness. i actually ate more for my supper last night as I was in the mindset of s*d it, I know it works, I'm not gonna be daft. That lightbulb moment that said, it all works, protein is good, weight will come off slowly.

Tea will be late tonight though as we are going to look at another high school, though this one isn't really on my list for my daughter, but its a new build last year and I want to be nosey LOL, plus a friend is going that might be sending her daughter next year so we are going to be nosey together.

Went for a walk to the post office to get the local paper so hubby could look at jobs, wasn't a long walk and turns out the paper has hardly any jobs in anyway. Its so lean out there at the moment. Very scary.

Great loss and youve said it ..........you KNOW it works so stop stressing. Your doing great and theres nothing wrong with your menu its great. Keep the faith you looser. :-D xxx

I know I know, I am a stressy person. I just need reminding eery now and then.

High school was quite good, very very bit and lots to see. We've decided to put it as our third choice as the other schools we've looked at are first and second. One school we have been talking about for a couple of years, has slowly gone down the list, having been to see it we've removed it completely, it just didn't feel right at all.

The school we are putting as first preference is a Girls school which has a really good reputation. Having talked with our DD she has decided she wants to go to this school too, she said it makes her feel right inside. I guess you go with the gut feeling!!!!

Then that's a good enough reason for her to go to her chosen school. If your happy, it will make school life a pleasure xxx

Back