Dukan Do It....

Your menus look fab Karin, im sure youll get a loss next week, overall you doing really well xx

I must admit Trudy I was a little scared that the tofu had caused my gain, but Ihad the other half today. Very yum. I'll def be trying this recipe. Do you use the solid tofu as well, I'm sure I saw a recipe recently that used it and fried it to make it crispy, am I right with that. Not sure.

Col, thanks, fingers crossed.

The app I downloaded for the fluids has helped me today, I've reached the end of the day with just over my 2 litres, not unusual, but I usually count the number of drinks and not the mils, so if I went on that i haven't drunk 8 and don't want the 8th before going to bed, but cos I used a slightly larger glass in the day it means I have already reached my target. Thanks for the person who told us about the app.

Only thing I've had today which I shouldn't have had really, was a teaspoon of hellmans mayo, watered down and poured on my salad. As I was having beef i really didn't fancy balsamic vinegar which I would normally have. I've written it down as thou a tolerated......but yes I KNOW its not a tolerated and not allowed at all. Its a one off, only do it maybe once a month cos I need the flavour and even then its been about three months since I last used it.

I made four batches of my bread today so I don't have to worry about it in the week. Froze it. Also made some cheesecakes and froze them, they will be my PV day suppers.

Food for tomorrow
TUESDAY
P/P
[h=2]Breakfast
Oatbran Porridge
Yogurt
Coffee
[/h]
[h=3]Lunch
Ham & Egg Mayo
Coffee
Dukan Bread/Cake
[/h]
[h=3]Tea
Cheeseburger Pie
Coffee
Jelly/Yogurt
[/h]
[h=3]Supper
Sweet Omelettes
Tails
Tea
[/h]

Blimey it does seem quiet on here today, has been for a few days. Hope all are ok.

Scales were my friends this morning. 1¾lb off today. See the water tablets are working, I've wee'd my weight away :D LOL

Sun shining this morning thou its still cold. Bought some turkey mince from Aldi this morning and decided to make a full carton of cheeseburger mince, split it into three portions and froze two, so it will save on the full cooking bit when I next make it. And the other pack I made into red thai turkey burgers, have frozen them too, they are great for putting between a bit of 'bread' for a burger.

Not much else to tell you at the min, all quiet here.

well done on the loss Karin youve got this diet nailed

Thanks Sue. I'mjust determined to get there, and even when I have gained, its not stopping me, even though I grumble long and loud LOL.

Just been on a thread about water/squash and I mentioned I drink hot water. last week in a bid to reduce dairy I cut out my daytime coffees and had hot water instead. In the past I have heard opinions for and against drinking hot water, so decided to go Google.............and this is what I found

How Drinking Hot Water Can Detoxify Our Bodies - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

I will def be carrying on. The hot water has a different taste to cold and will actually help me not want my coffees, and still warm me up on cold days LOL.

I've had the odd mouthful at work when I've forgotten to put a tea bag / instant coffee in it, and euwh! I can't say it's for me.
I think your menus are excellent. You always take the time to cook properly and think in advance! I
too retain water big time (nearly a kilo on overnight after my favourite smoked salmon + scrambled eggs PP dinner, but I'm not convinced water pills are the answer (cos I asked my GP once and he poo hoo'ed them). I do sporadically take them mind, and always see a loss, but it comes back on when you stop taking them doesn't it?
I wondered how late you're eating your evening snack though... The only day I eat late is Sunday, when we travel back to the city, and I always see a gain on a Monday (but that could come from just generally eating more over the weekend too, so it's not science talking!!).
Keep it up! Those fluctuations are sent to try us. Maybe worth moving your official weigh in day away from the weekend?

I've had the odd mouthful at work when I've forgotten to put a tea bag / instant coffee in it, and euwh! I can't say it's for me.
I think your menus are excellent. You always take the time to cook properly and think in advance! I
too retain water big time (nearly a kilo on overnight after my favourite smoked salmon + scrambled eggs PP dinner, but I'm not convinced water pills are the answer (cos I asked my GP once and he poo hoo'ed them). I do sporadically take them mind, and always see a loss, but it comes back on when you stop taking them doesn't it?
I wondered how late you're eating your evening snack though... The only day I eat late is Sunday, when we travel back to the city, and I always see a gain on a Monday (but that could come from just generally eating more over the weekend too, so it's not science talking!!).
Keep it up! Those fluctuations are sent to try us. Maybe worth moving your official weigh in day away from the weekend?

We usually have our evening cooked meal around 5-6pm and then I have my supper about 9pm. I have made a huge effort to make sure it doesn't go past that time as I find it does weigh heavy for the morning. Funny you should say about moving the weigh in, I was only thinking of this the other week. I have been on the diet for about 40 weeks now, and in all that time have only ever lost weight on a Monday on about 5 occasions. I think its because i eat my three meals within a short period of time on a Sunday. Breakfast during the week is at 7.30am, but on a Sunday its about 10am. Then two more meals fitted in before 7pm. But at least I know LOL. Water tablets are only for whilst its TOTM for me, as its then i retain, but because of my recent coil fit, it is causing me to have an eratic month and will be like that for a few months. I am prepared for it though LOL.

Karin, you're becoming the model cruiser! As Jo says, all your planning and cooking in advance is definitely of benefit and shows how determined you are. Keep it up, lovely, and Sid and I will start warming your seat in Conso xx

aww thank you, it does seem to be getting quite real now.

I put half back on this morning, just one of those things. On/off it all works out. Had a stressful day and hardly any sleep, FIL rushed into hospital with DVT last night, emergency surgery, but all is looking good. Managed to stick to food plan.

Food for today
WEDNESDAY
Breakfast
Oatbran Porridge Rhubarb
Yogurt
Coffee
Lunch
Omlette Rolls
Tom/Cuc filling
Coffee
Dukan Bread/Cake
Tea
Chicken Korma P168
Coffee
Jelly/Yogurt
Supper
Cheese Cake
Crabsticks
Tea

Your sticking to food plan in a crisis because you so well organised. Credit to you. Hope your fil is ok and as Sara said were warming the coso seat for you xxxx you going to love it in our gang lol ;)

Water retention is a terrible curse, t messes with your head when you get it. Asparagus is great for getting rid of the water, keep an eye on the hidden salt intake too. Your doing really well hun.

Hope your FIL is recovering from his surgery. x

Thanks Col, he seemed in fine spirits last night, we'll see him tonight and hope he's more comfy.

I bought some asparagus today so will have some tomorrow with my fish. PP Day today.

1¼lb off this morning. Def going up and down, but at least its only one step backwards for each two steps forward. Not far off the next goal now, feeling very excited about reaching my TW. Still think it will be another couple of months, but it feels so much closer than it did amonth or so ago LOL.

Food for today
THURSDAY
P/P
[h=2]Breakfast Oatbran Porridge
Yogurt
Coffee
[/h]
[h=3]Lunch
Quorn Sausages 3
Coffee
Dukan Bread/Cake
[/h]
[h=3]Tea
Prawn/Crabs Quiche
Coffee
Jelly/Yogurt
[/h]
[h=3]Supper
Sweet Omelettes
Mussels
Tea
[/h]
[h=3]Other Food
Fajita Flavour Tofu
[/h]
Drinks
aim is for 2ltrs

God, 5st 7lb lost Karin so far xxx A medal as big as a bin lid on its way to you as we speak xxx

Not quite yet hunni.........thou yes I am counting it down. I need that quarter pound in the morning to make it that magic number. But I'll accept that bin lid with pride LOL............thank you xxx

had a late supper tonight though because of hospital visiting and am really really hoping it doesn't lay heavy on me in the morning, sweet omlette and small bowl of mussels so not too bad a food though. Would love to be able to go into school and boast LOL. :D

oooh I do hope the scales are kind this morning - you really deserve it!
Asparagus! Thank you for reminding me. I'll try it too this weekend. The ups and downs of weight with water retention are indeed irritating and, if I didn't love smoked salmon so much, I'd abolish it! I am considering cutting down to once a week henceforth as I usually have it for Sunday breakfast treat and once in the week for dinner! Shucks!
I'm tempted by the chicken korma you mention too. OH will moan re no rice though! What do you serve yours with? (I can have it dryish with salad no problem...)
x

come on Karin whats the weigh in xxx

* DRUM ROLL*....................................................................

Back