Dukan Do It....

Bought my rhubarb today, Tell you what thou.....I am becoming a food police officer, when I'm standing behind folk in the queue I cant help but analyse there basket, I look at them and the food they buy. how horrible is that. Mind you if anyone does it to mine they would look at me and say ' oh yes look at all the chocolate cake and biscuits for her and her skinny husbands fresh fruit and veg and lean meat................ how wrong would they be, any ways back to rhubarb mmmm cant wait to eat mine. Such a treat, so why didn't I eat more of it all my life?

I judge people like that too. Best bit of food shopping ;-)

...And not just people shopping, but since losing weight, how often do you see a larger person and think....you could do something about that you know, I know the perfect diet. LOL.

I never used to buy rhubarb because it always seemed a faff, but since Dukan came along its a lovely addition to my porridge (only on PV days though) and its nice spread on top of muffins.

Weigh in this morning and the scales didn't like me, half a pound on, but that could just be a whoosh LOL. Won't know till morning.

Having said that, if my flippin body follows DH this week then I am due to be poorly. I started feeling rather peculiar on the walk back home from the swimming baths (DD Disco Dive) by the time we got home I was sweating and tummy hurting. I've had some hot water and have come to bed early, brought the laptop though so I can catch up LOL. If I do end up being ill it might make the scales shift LOL.........seriously I don't want to be sicky. Too much to do.

Dukan food today

BF Porridge and Yogurt...as of course you all know by now LOL.
LN Chicken Sandwich with Dukan Bread / Boiled Egg / Muffin
TE Oriental Crab Fishcakes / Chilli Cottage Cheese / Cheesecakes
SP 4 Crabsticks.........couldn't be bothered really but started them so finished them, Jelly went back in the fridge.

Hope the whoosh fairy has be visiting Karin. And if it was a bug it done a bunk xxx have a super Saturday.

Hi, no whoosh and tummy feeling mostly better, and another gain this morning, ¼lb. Don't know why, not a single thing eaten that was wrong, nothing I can do, just take it a day at a time. Second of my PP days today, so maybe veggies tomorrow might shift it. Had water tablets this morning in case its water retention.

DD had her dance class this morning and I got another compliment from the owner of the play area, I realised its half term after next Friday, can't believe how quick its come round. One more set of weeks and then its Summer Holidays and DD leaves primary school. Scary stuff...

Dukan food today

BF Porridge and Yogurt
LN Devilled Cottage Eggs with prawns on top and a few slices of pastrami / Ginger Muffin
TE Meatloaf with Chilli sauce / thin sliced beef / ginger Muffin

I wonder if the last two days I needed to eat a wee bit more protein, hence me doing the beef tonight, will have it as a side dish and then see how we go tomorrow.

That's a good idea, having some more protein - and make sure you're drinking loads of water? It'll come down, you're doing so well and staying positive which is the most important thing!

That's a good idea, having some more protein - and make sure you're drinking loads of water? It'll come down, you're doing so well and staying positive which is the most important thing!

Thanks hun, def had a bit more protein today, meatloaf and beef strips were gorgeous. I do like them both LOL.

Meatloaf sound delicious, I'm grumpy as PP on a Saturday evening and just realised I have nothing in at all. One solitary egg in the cupboard and I can't be bothered to boil it yet I've got the muchies. Silly me, when will I learn not to give the kids omelettes for dinner LOL!

LOL that's the thing isn't it, PP days can be quite restrictive when it comes to the munchies.

Go have a bath to take your mind off it, or go to bed early LOL. Or..... do you have skim milk powder in and yogurt.

Beat egg with 2tbs of yogurt and sweetner, add tablespoon of milk powder, add fave flavourigns and microwave for a little while till its cooked. It can be a bit weird texture wise, but its a cheats muffin eggy pudding LOL.

Ooh that sounds interesting, I've made quite similar in the oven with soya milk, couldn't be bothered tonight so doing it in microwave would be great idea thanks hunni x

Afternoon MM Friends.

I lost that ¼lb this morning, tummy still feels very bloated though, wish it would just stop being yuk.

Bought some spinach and asparagus for today and tomorrows Veg days so I can hopefully get stuff moving LOL.

Food today

BF Hearty Breakfast and rhubarb with Yogurt
LN Spinach with mushrooms/onion Turkey Rashers and Fried Eggs
TE Meatza with Rhubarb n yogurt

Looking back thru my weight loss chart I see that last weeks losses may have been a mid month low hormone time, it seems to coincide, if that's the case the next two weeks will be difficult. Has anyone else noticed a pattern with their cycles. Strange eh?

Got friends coming for visit today, on the spur as they need to pick up a card I've made for them. Best go wrap up presents I guess...as it was friends birthday last month and still need to give her stuff LOL.

Hi all

A cold night here in Hull, my hands and feet are freezing, but hey ho, wrapped up in a blanket and will keep warm.

Had a crappy day, tummy still bugging me (pun intended) I don't know if its a bug waiting to out itself or if its bloat or constipation. I had a gain on the scales today again!!! which annoyed me, again I think its either the bloated problem or hormones. But....its meant I've ended up cheating. I had choc cake and ice cream and have had some chocolates too. I do kind of feel guilty its only a sugar rush and it hasn't made me feel better...but the choc did taste nice LOL.

I will be back to normal tomorrow, kind of hoping the carb fix might just move whatever is in my tummy. Don't like feeling like this. I've stuck rigidly to the diet this last few weeks, no cheats, said no thanks to birthday cake, sweets, chocolates, even said no to pinching a grape...but cos of the hormone cycle it means last week was only a loss of ¼lb for the whole week.

I'm not going to dissect the reasons why its happened, I've gone over it before, this is the third month I have had a good loss week followed by a crap week, so I know its all to do with the hormones and coil.....so hopefully if my body follows its usual pattern it means that I will have another so so week followed by a good week which should then get me to TW...just in time for my personal deadline LOL.

In school at work today, one of the staff is off with an allergic reaction to something, she ended up in hospital with it, so I got called in at last minute. I do enjoy working with the kids, some of them are so cute, and come out with some cute things. One little girl was getting really upset with herself because she doesn't like blowing her nose but had boogies up her nose LOL, kids eh???

right slap given, mental shake had and will move onwards and downwards as our siddy sue says...Toot Toot!!!!

TOOT, TOOT is Paulines ditty lol, you know your body so well, which is good because you know a loss will come after the hormones are over. Forget your little slip and straight back on the bus xxx

TOOT, TOOT is Paulines ditty lol, you know your body so well, which is good because you know a loss will come after the hormones are over. Forget your little slip and straight back on the bus xxx

LOL, I was mixing phrases there, I did forget toot toot was our Ps.

I'll forget it hun, already trying. I will be back to normal tomorrow. xxx

Hahahaha, we need a new thread for Dukan metaphors and quotes!

Top of the list for me will be Sid's classic 'Head down, bum up'! Eh, doll? (Sara's!)

TOOT TOOT! :D

P x

hahaha, love it xxx

I definitely notice weight gain at a particular time of the month, my hormones are terrible these days and since Christmas every month I've come crashing off the diet week before TOTM and gorged on chocolate. Now, this month I am prepared - I have Apple Cider Vinegar to take (really helps bloating) and am going to flavour things with praline flavouring or dark chocolate and hazelnut to fool myself into not going daft! I might also, on any really difficult day, allow myself an extra muffin or some extra yoghurt as this would be a sensible treat. Maybe we are low on iron? Anyway, I have every faith that you will pick yourself up, brush off the chocolate cake crumbs and focus :). BTW, thanks for the yoghurt tips, much appreciated xxx

CD You're welcome. Hope it turned out ok.

P hmm, all these catchphrases, its difficult to remember who said them LOL..............but I do like em all.

Just a quick pop in tonight as I'm tired, was in school again today and have really really tried soo hard to be good. Had a bit extra dairy today than I have been having, but its helped to fill me up. Had some seafood for supper.....but I did discover a new recipe, though I'm not sure I've done it right.

I made the lemon curd, but left it warm and added some cooked chicken to make my own Lemon Chicken. Also had a tspn of sesame seeds........as the Life Plan book says its a tolerated item. But...dopey me didn't remember to take the chicken out of the freezer first thing so I had to defrost in microwave, however, what I did first was to thinly sliced with a very very sharp knife the frozen chicken (wouldn't have sliced as nicely if not frozen) and then added chopped ginger and garlic, fried it and then added to the lemon sauce. Very yummy.

Food today

BF Usual
LN Dukan bread beef sandwich with two boiled eggs and jelly
TE Lemon Chicken Chilli Cottage Cheese, Jelly and Quark
SP Seafood and muffin

This morning was a gain of 1¾lb, so not good obviously, nothing I can do about it now, so 'heads down, bum's up' 'Onwards and Downwards' 'Toot Toot' LOL

Keep going Karin - love reading your diary - always so inspirational!!! xxxxxxx

Another gain this morning, I don't know if its left over choc from Monday's blow out or if it was the Lemon or sesame seeds on my chicken. Arrggghhh Back in the 12s this morning.

I've been so strict today, not even having a dollop of chilli sauce or a few goji berries on my yogurt. No tolerateds, no extra food, dairy and eggs within my daily limits. So If I don't lose tomorrow I'm having a strop and a sulk!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Got all my shopping from farm foods this morning, bought extra fish as I realised I hadn't got any haddock left. Spent the afternoon at school on a family learning day with DD, making Egyptian pyramids and death masks!!! it as fun, we made little things from clay to go inside our pyramids, DD and I argued over which bit we were doing and what we wanted, but it was good arguing, not bad.

For the first time in a long time I suffered massive hunger pangs today. We left school at 4.30pm (after school clubs!) and as soon as I got sat in the car my stomach started, it was so so painful I was distracted driving. Got in and had big glass of water, and started on my tea. Family's tea was already sorted so I only had myself to do. I had planned on meatballs, but couldn't be bothered with the messing about so I used my burger press and made 5 beef burgers with my mince, thin ones obviously LOL, but I put lots of nice herbs and garlic into them, and then had a smaller portion of cottage cheese with a bit of mustard in it to spice it up. Quite nice if I do say so myself. Helped the hunger pangs eventually, but boy it was awful. Not had pains like that in a very long time. I don't know if it was because I ended up eating my lunch earlier so I could get to school or if it was not enough protein. Could just have been my body playing up, but I am quite proud of myself for not looking for a quick fix when I got home and getting on with making my tea.

Food today

BF Porridge and yogurt
LN Omelette Pastrami & Onion Rolls / Dukan bread with Lemon Curd
TE Beef burgers and Cottage Cheese Mustard / jelly
SP Muffin and Egg Pudding

Dairy 395g
Eggs 4
Fluids 2lts

Back