Dukan Do It....

Karin its your hormones and water retention again, you know your body well. Be good it will come off again. Im starving as Im sat tying now so think a glass of water before bed is on the cards xxx

Karin - be sure to eat PLENTY of protein today as I expect your hunger yesterday was due to your coming out of ketosis... don't try to restrict yourself on the protein front until you're sure your breath is nicely Dukan flavoured ;)

And remember that old resistance muscle... ;)

Anyone who's been there will tell you, the last 7lbs are the hardest. I don't wish to dishearten you, but they can take many weeks to shift. Up until this last week you had been sprinting, remember? You're bound to stall, slip back a bit, for a while but persevere and you WILL get there! Stay strong my friend xx

Karin those last few pounds are a pain in the butt!!! Keep going lovely lady - you can do this with bells on - look at how far you have come - you initially wanted to lose your daughter in weight and once you flew past that there was no stopping you so bask in your achievement so far - it's immense! xxxx

Anyone who's been there will tell you, the last 7lbs are the hardest. I don't wish to dishearten you, but they can take many weeks to shift. Up until this last week you had been sprinting, remember? You're bound to stall, slip back a bit, for a while but persevere and you WILL get there! Stay strong my friend xx
I know it will be hard, the last two months have been a stall to be honest sara, with a week in every three being a good loss....all down to my coil I think.

Karin its your hormones and water retention again, you know your body well. Be good it will come off again. Im starving as Im sat tying now so think a glass of water before bed is on the cards xxx
Yep its those two demons again, I know that it will calm down. xxx

Karin - be sure to eat PLENTY of protein today as I expect your hunger yesterday was due to your coming out of ketosis... don't try to restrict yourself on the protein front until you're sure your breath is nicely Dukan flavoured ;)
And remember that old resistance muscle... ;)
Ha, thanks Jo, I wouldn't have thought of that, thank you for your wisdom hun, I was a bit hungry again today but not as bad. Protein wise I had a fair bit but not sure if it was enough, having said that my portion sizes weren't any different from when I started the diet.

Karin those last few pounds are a pain in the butt!!! Keep going lovely lady - you can do this with bells on - look at how far you have come - you initially wanted to lose your daughter in weight and once you flew past that there was no stopping you so bask in your achievement so far - it's immense! xxxx
Thanks T, I know its gonna be a 'pain' LOL, just so desperate for it to come off now, really really want to reach my deadline.

A good Dukan day today my MM friends, shopping, post office, cleaning, workshop, school runs, meal making...usual stuff.

I had a lovely rhubarb crumble today but because I had forgotten to make some muffins I ended up crumbling some of the Dukan oatbran biscuits on top of the rhubarb and then poured some yogurt over the top of that to soften them up. I really enjoyed it, but it meant that I had to use both my tolerateds as extra oatbran, oh dear.

Food today PV day 1

BF Porridge and yogurt (forgot to defrost rhubarb)
LN Scrambled eggs and prawns with chopped asparagus on top, all on top of half a Dukan bread / Other half with lemon curd
TE Beef Fajita on a bed of stir fry veggies / Rhubarb crumble
SP Mussells on a small salad.

Dairy 350g
Eggs 3
Fluids 2ltrs

In school tomorrow voluntary bit and maths course. A job has come up at school for a lunch time supervisor in the nursery for an hour each day. It will take me 15mins to get there and back home each day, which means and hour and half out of the middle of the day, lunch has to be eaten at 11 and any and all commitments end upv , wage is likely to be what my hourly rate is now for LD work £6.45...averages £80 a month. I don't think its worth it and am not sure if I should go for the job or not. Esp as DD leaves the school this year, I did do the job for six months though slightly different year before last. Its such a pain having the day broken up. I can't go in town or go shopping unless I can guarantee to be home by half ten so I can get lunch and be at school just before 12. I would get home around half 1 possibly a bit later and then its only a couple of hours before DD home, so not much time to do stuff then either. I don't know why I'm rambling, cos I am pretty sure I'm going to say no, but I feel guilty for not thinking it thru, hence the ramblings.

Don't think about it its not worth it, don't feel guilty xxx

Thanks MM friends.

Forgot to say yesterday that I'd had a loss, 1¼ I think LOL, dopy me. Another loss this morning 1½lb off. back to 11st 11lb, phew, thank goodness.

I told school that I wasn't going to apply for that job, it really wouldn't be worth it, and at the moment every penny I earn is taken off DH JSA anyway.

We're looking to buy DD a phone for her birthday, just been shopping about for the cheapest but best tariff.....so much to look at. Think I've found one though, its a Tesco Mobile phone with an ok tariff, but can also get a sim only deal for a similar price. Hubby needs a sim deal as his phone is PAYG...need to think carefully though as its all money we can't really afford to be paying out, but a promise is a promise to DD.

In school this morning with the little tinkers and they were all hyper cos of the weather and wind...it really winds em up LOL. had a good Dukan day,

Food today is

BF Porridge and yogurt
LN Chicken & Rocket Sandwich with a few slices of beef. 2 Boiled Eggs (1 at 3pm though), Dukan bread Lemon Curd. A few asparagus spears to chomp on LOL.
TE Salmon and Boiled Egg Salad. Rhubarb Muffin with Yogurt

Dairy 360g
Eggs 4½
Fluids 2.1ltrs

I made a nice topping for the salmon. it was a piece from a frozen bag I bought from Aldi, turned out a bit bigger than first thought because it had been folded in half. Opened it out and fried it. Then with a tablespoon of Fromage Frais I added a chopped gherkin, was really nice.

Right early night for me, am tired today. Not had chance to look at all your diaries tonight so will catch up tomorrow I promise. xxx

The salmon topping sounds yummy, will havr it later on in the week. Well done on the loss :)

You have to make decisions that suit the family Hun, there will be other jobs that you can get when the time is right for you.

I have no doubts at all that you will get these last few pounds off! Your amazing and focused and determined and we want to see you in conso maintaining and giving us advice and support as a dukan guru!! Xx

You have to make decisions that suit the family Hun, there will be other jobs that you can get when the time is right for you.

I have no doubts at all that you will get these last few pounds off! Your amazing and focused and determined and we want to see you in conso maintaining and giving us advice and support as a dukan guru!! Xx
LOL I have an image of me wearing a turban and carrying round the Dukan Bible preaching LOL!!!!!

Thank you everyone. You are an amazing bunch of friends that I've never met :D I have my support with Mum and Dad and my family but you lot have been such a fount of information and motivation for me that I can't help but luv you all for it.

¼lb on this morning. Don't expect it to be any different really, just had two PV days, so now its a PP weekend so hopefully Monday morning will show something.

Seeing Mum and Dad on Monday, they coming for the day, so I have a Dukan lunch planned. Mum sent me a recipe a while back for seafood and asparagus quiche, I've not made it yet so I'm thinking of doing that. Also a cheesecake pudding. Dad and DH and DD can have spuds with theirs with the salad I am doing, Mum and I will be good with the salad, unless its Mums starch day LOL.

Done absolutely loads today, dance class with DD this morning, shopping at Asda for Sunday lunch as it was sprung on me that another friend is coming as DH and him are watching the Grand Prix. Cleaned bathroom and actually cleaned all the walls/tiled including shower stall. Lots of arm exercises there with the scrubbing and wiping, then dusted the living room and decided to do all the white work too....quite a bit of exercise today LOL.

Dukan food today

BF Porridge and Yogurt
LN Beef Pastrami Sandwich / Dukan Muffin with Lemon Curd
TE Vietnamese Chicken Liver with Egg Pudding
Sn Crabsticks
SP none unless I need a Jelly fix LOL

xxx

Blimey where is everyone, only one post unread in 24 hours...must be a record LOL. We all missing Sid are we.

Another gain this morning ¼lb. Forgot until I was talking to Mum, I had soy sauce yesterday with my chicken livers....and didn't drink as much as normal..Hmmm Soy sauce doesn't like me.

Food today

BF hearty Breakfast and Porridge. yum!!
Ln Seafood Cocktail
Sn Dukan Bread with Lemon Curd
TE Chicken Fajita Bits with Cottage Mix and Quark jelly Cake
SP Jelly n Yogurt.

Got Mum and Dad coming to visit tomorrow, Am making the quiche and have made a full Jelly Cake for pudding.

Decided what Phone we are getting DD for birthday. Its an HTC Desire C from Talkmobile. £7.50 per month with a decent allowance of minutes and texts that should do her fine. I printed out the receipt and dopy me forgot to take it off the printer so now she has seen it, although she says she didn't fully read it, she only glanced at it. Doesn't matter really because she won't be getting it till June anyway and she knew she was getting a phone LOL.

Right need a wee!!!! TMI and my bed. See you tomorrow xxx

Lovely catching up with your diary... Bank holiday for you all today, so hope to hear what you'll all be up to. It looks like a nice day too (over here at least) which is rare enough of late to merit a mention!
Enjoy your visit from your parents. x

thank you Joanne, yes it was a lovely sunny day here. Was nice to get out in garden with family, and we took some photos. My parents and I have all lost weight on Dukan and we all looked super slim and skinny today, was a great feeling.

Lost ¾lb this morning, good oh. Wore my brand new pair of size 16 jeans and a lovely satin look purple fitted blouse....I was still doing my hair when my parents arrived so I was last downstairs, and it was almost a grand entrance, my parents faces said it all......thanks Mum and Dad xxxxx

a good Dukan food day too. Ate a bit later in the day with our breakfast so we had lunch a bit later in the day with Mum and Dad

BF hearty breakfast with rhubarb and yogurt.
LN Seafood and Asparagus Quiche Salad (forgot to put asparagus in LOL, so it was added to salad) with Jelly Cheesecake and Yogurt.
TE Cajun Beef Salad with remaining piece of cheesecake and yogurt.
SP None.

A day for salads, but was easier for me that way LOL. Nice though.

Had a lovely visit with parents, Mum is a massive crafter and does a lot with wool and fabric, she had made both DD and I a lovely owl phone case, I also got a cute little cat cushion with a curly tail, just perfect for my head when I have my naps and my head goes on a side LOL. The mobile phone case was a perfect touch.....but cart and horse was happening to me today...I dropped my phone this morning, it fell between the seat/back of a deck chair and smashed the touch screen. I am so so upset and annoyed with myself for trying to carry too many things at once.

Its obviously hit down near the buttons, but the spiderweb of cracks spreads up the screen. It is still usable but its rough to touch. I'm going to try dribbling some clear nail varnish in to it to see if it will seal the glass shards, if I do it carefully enough it won't interfere with the touch screen usage as the main impact was down near the bottom. Grrrr

No point crying over spilt milk (broken glass) just got to make the best of it. Might be able to get a new phone when hubby gets his contract as he only really needs the sim and so I could have a phone. Not ideal though.

Hope everyone had a lovely bank holiday Monday, and that those on holidays now for school have a great week. xx

oh darn it re phone. I must admit that my (horrible) Nokia X6 has been dropped many times and has never done that, so that's one good point for that phone! What a joy to make an "entrance" and see other people's facial expressions. That sort of reaction makes all the months of "deprivation" (not that we feel it too much on Dukan) worthwhile. I'm surprised you're wearing size 16s at your weight and height as I'm still getting away with (bulging over the top of) size 14 jeans.

I must have missed your post describing your "hearty breakfast", although I've seen it mentioned in someone else's diary too... I'll endeavour to find that.

Enjoy your shorter than usual work week
x

Back