Consolidation Dukan Insanity

Was chopping the hair all part of reaching tw or just a spur of the moment kind of thing? You'll need to post a new pic then you know!

Well I do have a posh black tie dinner next Saturday night, so that was my main motivation for sorting my hair out. Plus it just really needed a cut!!! I'll have to take a new photo at some point to replace my current avatar :)

How do you make the chocolate Dukan porridge?
You seem so organized!
And the Insanity workout is really insane!
( chocolate truffles? Yes, please :innocent0001: )

How do you make the chocolate Dukan porridge?
You seem so organized!
And the Insanity workout is really insane!
( chocolate truffles? Yes, please :innocent0001: )

I'm not sure if I'm organised, I just tend to eat the same things again and again :)

To make the porridge I mix 2tbs oat bran, 1tbs wheat bran, 1 tbs sweetener & 1 tsp low fat cocoa powder in a bowl and add around 100ml of milk. I then put it in the microwave on high for 2 minutes (stirring halfway through), and then voila, chocolate dukan porridge! I love it when it forms a crust on the top, that's my favourite bit!

The Insanity workout is intense, but it's surprising how quickly your body adapts to it.

The truffles were literally amazing!!!! The ganache inside was to die for, they were soooooo good!!! :D

Conso day 6 & 7

Day 6
B - chocolate Dukan porridge
L - toasted sandwich with cheese, ham, jalapenos & salad
D - sirloin steak, roasted tomatoes, mushrooms, fried onions & salad
Snacks - ff yogurt, blackberries (hand picked!)
Exercise - day 14 of Insanity (which is a rest day :D!!)
Non-Dukan food/drink: wine, doritos with an onion & garlic dip, wasabi peas

Day 7
L - 2 x vegetarian sausages, 2 x fried eggs
D - roast chicken with broccoli & carrots
Snacks - blackberries, ff yogurt
Exercise - day 15 of Insanity

I enjoyed my gala meal on Friday night, but I drank way too much wine (about 3/4 of a bottle....oops!). I also finished off the rest of the wine yesterday, as my parents came over and we were enjoying some drinks in the sun. I organised some nibbles too, and ended up eating doritos with an onion & garlic dip and wasabi peas. I can't resist snacking when I'm having a drink. Never mind, I will try to be stronger next time!

So my weight this morning after the numerous cheats on Friday & Saturday is 9.8, so only 1lb up. I'm sure that will come off quickly if I stick with the diet and exercise. Must stay focused!!!!! :)x

Last edited:
So you are human! Like Lotto says, pp Thursday's there to fix these little blips, I think. I know exactly what you mean, though, one food/drink/circumstance can easily set off a yen for another - we have to recognise these as habits and consciously break them there and then if we want to remain good Dukanites, at least until Stabilisation. Have a great Conso week, I'll be following your every move/mouthful! xx

Thanks girls!!!! I just need to stick to the rules, but keep cheating. Really feeling annoyed at myself today, but trying to stay positive and keep going!!!

Conso day 8

I've been good today (yippee!!!), and had the following:
L - egg sandwich, raspberries, ff yogurt
D - beef vindaloo & cabbage greens, sf jelly
Exercise - nothing :(

I feel so annoyed, yesterday I ate a whole giant bag of popcorn and a mars bar..... it all started going wrong after the gala meal on Friday!!! I woke up this morning and after three days of cheating my weight has climbed up to 9.10. After I weighed myself I started getting annoyed at the diet (even though it's my fault, as I haven't been following it since Friday!), and made my mind up to switch to calorie counting instead and to have a big blow-out today and start afresh tomorrow. Then I realised that this is what I always do with diets, it's always "I'll treat myself today and start the diet again tomorrow", so luckily I realised that was a stupid idea and I've been super strict all day.

I'm going to carry on with conso for the rest of the week, but miss out the starchy meal. I can't not have the gala meal this week as I have a dinner on Saturday. I'm also going to carry on with the bread, cheese and fruit as I have all of that stuff already in my fridge/cupboards for my lunches, and I hate wasting food.

I also really didn't feel like working out today, so I'll have to start back with Insanity tomorrow.

Sorry if this is a less than upbeat post, but it's best to be honest! Not the most successful first week on conso, hopefully this week will be better.

Oh, and I really don't want to change my stats, it's way too depressing :(xx

I just had huge cheats today

And I'm planning some for tomorrow too....

Somebody stop me please

:sign0009:

I'm probably the last person who should be giving advice after my previous post, but it's really not worth it!!! Weigh up a few minutes of pleasure whilst you're eating the food, against feeling sh*tty for the rest of the day. x

I will have those little cakes tomorrow ( I've been craving them for some time)
but after that I will return to CONSO fully.

I think those cravings happens for a reason.
( I had 100 g of pine nuts, 20 g of milk chocolate, 20 g of waffle, 300 g raw plums, 50 g blackberries, 170 g raw figs etc)

I will have those little cakes tomorrow ( I've been craving them for some time)
but after that I will return to CONSO fully.

I think those cravings happens for a reason.
( I had 100 g of pine nuts, 20 g of milk chocolate, 20 g of waffle, 300 g raw plums, 50 g blackberries, 170 g raw figs etc)

At least your cheats sound controlled, mine seem to just spring out of nowhere. Enjoy your cakes tomorrow, and I'll be checking in on you for the day after! :)

Ceri, the only way I can do Conso is by remaining super-strict. I almost had a second slice of bread this morning as it's delicious and I'm pretty sure I'm still losing, but I realised in time that that would lead to a bit more cheese, a second piece of fruit, etc. I need to know exactly where the boundaries are, and then not overstep them because the freedom of being able to move, bend, run, jump, etc is more important to me than the freedom to eat anything I want.

Be strong now, and get back to Insanity, if that's your thing! xx

Conso day 9 & 10

So this is what I ate yesterday:
L - ham, cheese & salad sandwich, apple, ff yogurt, boiled egg
D - mushroom omelette & salad
Exercise - nothing again!! must get back into Insanity....

Here is what I intend to eat today:
L - ham, cheese & salad sandwich, apple, ff yogurt, boiled egg
D - sirloin steak & salad, rhubarb with sweetened quark
Exercise - hopefully Insanity (can't even remember which day now!)

Feeling happy today as my weight is back to 9.7 after only 2 days of following consolidation properly, and I haven't even had a PP day this week! :)

I have a lunch event on Friday, as well as a dinner event on Saturday, so need to try to follow the diet as strictly as possible. I'm treating the Saturday dinner as a gala meal, but I need to try to be good for the Friday lunch. The lunch is going to be an afternoon tea with sandwiches, scones & cakes... so I'm not sure if I'll be able to resist........:eek:

You will probably find pp thursday leaves you under tw for friday morning weigh in, so don't worry too much about friday lunch/gala night - just only weigh on fridays after pp from now on - you're back in the zone :) xx

Back