Consolidation Dukan Insanity

Just caught up with your new diary, love the pic's of the jeans. Will be following you to see how you get on with conso & the pitfalls :) x

Conso days 16 & 17

Day 16 (Tuesday)
B - chocolate Dukan porridge
L - cheese, chicken & salad sandwich, apple, ff yogurt, 2 x boiled eggs
D - chicken salad, sf jelly
Exercise - 1hr @ gym

Day 17 (Wednesday)
L - cheese, chicken & salad sandwich, melon, ff yogurt, 2 x boiled eggs
D - chicken & spinach
Exercise - 1hr @ gym
Naughties: 2 small glasses of white wine, and about 6 olives

I've been fairly good the past couple of days, but did have a couple of cheats last night. I met a friend for gossip and wine, so couldn't not have a glass (or two) of vino. She also ordered some bread and houmous, which I resisted, so I think having a few olives was pretty restrained?.... Anyway, I've decided I'm going to forfeit the gala meal this week, and count all of my little extras as a gala.

Today is protein Thursday. I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to eat today, so I'll update my diary tomorrow with what I've eaten. I'm at work though, and I've only brought in 2 boiled eggs and some fat free yogurt, so it will probably be something really boring for lunch, most likely a plain chicken breast from M&S. I've had my porridge this morning, and for dinner I'll have to pick something up on the way home as I didn't take anything out of the freezer last night. I'm so unprepared today!!!

Tomorrow morning is my official weekly weigh-in. I'm expecting a gain after my gala weekend, hopefully it won't be too much of a shock when I step on the scales...... :eek:

Last edited:
sarafvrm said:
Sounds like you were very good yesterday. I wouldn't count the olives as cheats x

Neither would I :)I can see that leg hanging outside the wagon is back in! :D well done Ceri :)

Conso days 14 & 15

Day 14 (Sunday)
B - Fried breakfast at the hotel I was staying at (sausages, fried eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes & bacon - way too fatty, but needed it to mop up the booze from the night before)
L - toasted sandwich with cheese, chicken, jalapenos & salad
D - roast chicken, carrots & broccoli
Binge - mars bar, wispa bar & bag of hula hoops :eek::eek:
Exercise - none

Day 15 (Monday) - starchy evening meal
L - chicken, cheese & salad sandwich, 2 x boiled eggs, ff yogurt, apple
D - chicken curry with brown rice
Exercise - none...lazy bones!!!!

I had a binge attack yesterday!!!! I ate a wispa, mars bar and a packet of hula hoops..... so disappointed that I did it, and I ate them all so quickly I didn't even have time to enjoy the taste. Ugh... oh well, nothing I can do about it now except remember how annoyed I felt afterwards and hopefully that will stop me from doing it again....

I have been super good today, and feel motivated to have a strict week! I'm hoping that the scales will be kind to me on Friday, but we shall see. I've also got out of the routine of completing the Insanity workouts.... things keep getting in the way, and I'm finding it quite hard to stick to completing it 6 days a week. I guess I need to start it again from day 1 as you're supposed to complete each day consecutively, with just one day off a week. I'm going to have a bit of a break from it for now, and go back to the gym, and re-start it in a couple of weeks.

I don't know what to do about gala meals, they keep turning into gala weekends!!! I'll try again this Friday, although I think I'm going to avoid alcohol this time, and just have gala food!
Xx

Totally just laughed out loud at your reason for editing this post!! Becky, stop scaring Ceri!!

Saying that, I totally love you for writing all this up so honestly and I'm secretly a little bit relieved that I'm not the only one struggling with conso as prescribed by Dr D. Isn't it interesting that we mostly seemed to cope a lot better with the stricter rules than the more relaxed ones?

I shall keep reading and I know you, you will have got yourself back on track in no time. Good Dukan vibes coming at ya' from another recent conso-er!

Jx

Golly, what you've written is so similar to what I've been thinking/doing with conso. I actually think I prefer the idea of little treats through the week as the idea of the gala meal is absolutely not working for me. It just seems to give me permission to eat far too much of everything and then back to the familiar territory of 'oh well, I've blown it now....'

Anyway, good on ya, you're doing so very well. And Becky, good on ya too, for kicking butt in a scary/lovely way out there! Just thinking - I need a Becky app on my phone or something....

Jx

My thoughts exactly Joodle!
I'm having little treats every day too ( 10 -20 g of nuts&dried fruits)
but when I stick to strict conso ( 2 gala meals + 2 starchy meals/ week ) I seem to gain weight.... simply because I eat too much, I think...
I don't know.
It is good not to be alone in Conso, girls!!

Keeping this conversation in the memory bank, this could be an option xxx

Golly, what you've written is so similar to what I've been thinking/doing with conso. I actually think I prefer the idea of little treats through the week as the idea of the gala meal is absolutely not working for me. It just seems to give me permission to eat far too much of everything and then back to the familiar territory of 'oh well, I've blown it now....'

Anyway, good on ya, you're doing so very well. And Becky, good on ya too, for kicking butt in a scary/lovely way out there! Just thinking - I need a Becky app on my phone or something....

Jx

Thanks J! I agree about the galas, they keep turning into gala weekends for me - not good! I think I'm going to try each week to 'earn' a gala meal on Friday (i.e. by not cheating), but if I do have the odd treat throughout the week then that's my gala meal gone! x

right relief is cursing through my veins!! i had PP day yesterday weighed today and i have gained weight 2lbs...ARRGGHHHHH so i have bee studying your diary for help! still at a loss lol but good to know others are having the same problem! but the thing is my usual WI day is on a tuesday but i changed it to friday as i have PP day on a thursday now! so i havent even had a gala meal yet?? and i havent cheated!!! arrgghhh
think what i will do is carry on as if i havent weighed do another week exactly as it says in book and then weigh myself ... what do you think??? i am a little bit freaked out!!! and i am also wanting my gala meal tomoz lol xxx

Conso day 18 - Protein Thursday!
L - chicken, 2 x boiled eggs, ff yogurt
D - lean bacon, 2 x fried eggs, sf jelly
Exercise - none

My PP day went ok yesterday, but I should probably try to keep it as clean as possible and avoid the bacon....

It was my official weekly weigh-in and I'm still 9.7! I'm not sure how that happened, but it appears that after my gala weekend and wine/olive treat on Wednesday I haven't gained. I'm not sure how this is even possible, but I'm not going to complain! :D

I'm going to miss my gala tonight, and if I'm good for the next 7 days I'll allow myself a gala next Friday.

I didn't manage to fit any exercise in yesterday, but I'm going to start Insanity again tonight! Third time lucky??? I hope so!x

right relief is cursing through my veins!! i had PP day yesterday weighed today and i have gained weight 2lbs...ARRGGHHHHH so i have bee studying your diary for help! still at a loss lol but good to know others are having the same problem! but the thing is my usual WI day is on a tuesday but i changed it to friday as i have PP day on a thursday now! so i havent even had a gala meal yet?? and i havent cheated!!! arrgghhh
think what i will do is carry on as if i havent weighed do another week exactly as it says in book and then weigh myself ... what do you think??? i am a little bit freaked out!!! and i am also wanting my gala meal tomoz lol xxx

Hey Charly! Don't panic about the small gain, I'm sure your weight will balance out again over the next few days, especially if you haven't been cheating. You could still have your gala, what were you planning on having? If you're worried, maybe cut out a dessert/wine, etc, if you were planning on including these as part of your meal?xx

Alli sts great reading on the scales. Like your Earned gala meal xxx

hmmm right not gonna panic just chill n carry on see what happens!

i really fancied hummous so its like this!
starter: tbs hummous and my 2x wholemeal bread.
main: homemade curry and rice (opted for homemade as healthier and took a leaf out of your book)
dessert: small chocolate fairy cake! cant not have a pudding as i really want one!! (maybe deny myself next week if i dont shift the 2lb)
no wine!!

what do you think?

Ceri, that's fantastic news, shows your body is getting to grips with things and not freaking out and grabbing on to every last calorie! It's possible that giving it a few more calories it's realised it's not in starvation mode and that's kick started your metabolism even more. Whatever it is, sounds good! Earned gala meal is also an option - but either way, I think you've just shown yourself you can be a bit more lenient and not gain. Hurray!

Charly, like the others say, I really wouldn't worry. I'd be surprised if it's anything other than a blip as you've been so good with everything. I'm even tempted to say that if you fancy a glass of wine, you should have one. You can't get to TW and not let yourself celebrate a bit! Look how many of us have lost more weight once we relaxed our diets a little. But I don't want to force you if you're happy being stricter!

And Sid, come on, come on, come on over to conso!

Jx

Joodle.....i'm trying, i'm trying......oh how i'm trying xxx

Back