Dukan Live Chats in a Nutshell

You can also have 200 grams of stewed rhubarb or some goji berries: one table spoon on your PP days and two on your PV days.

Its this bit that has me confused. PV days;- two tablespoons of cooked rhubarb isn't gonna be 200g, but also I thought it was unlimited.

Will need to google this I think, I've been eating it on PV days without limits. wonder if thts why I've put on. Rhubarb is a veg so thought I was right.

Mmmm, not sure about it either. Just found this from another chat: "Rhubarb, which is classed a vegetable, you can have 200g a day but that is your total number of allowed tolerated foods for the day. You can have rhubarb whether on a PV or PP its good to help with constipation." (Diet discussion forum, weight loss forum: Pierre Dukan diet)

So if you're eating it totally unlimited then yes, it could be a problem especially if you're not counting it as a tolerated food.

The tablespoons refer to the goji berries, not the rhubarb so don't let that confuse you! Jx

Just checked the site and the next live chat isn't until Monday. The suspense!! Jx

thanks hun. Wonder if the 200g is cooked or uncooked LOL will assume its uncooked.

thanks again xx

Dukan live chat from Monday 16[SUP]th[/SUP] July.

• If you have a small lapse, increase your physical activity and do not eat any tolerated items at all for a couple of days. In the case of a bigger lapse, really increase your physical activity and do not eat any tolerated food for about four days. There is no need to do any extra PP days in either case – they regularly warn people not to go back to attack after lapses.
  • Muller light cherry flavoured Greek yoghurts are not allowed as they contain added sugar
  • "Eating oat bran raw is possible but not really nice" [Ok, this isn’t particularly informative but it made me laugh for some reason. ]
  • If your weight isn’t shifting when you truly think it should be, you could be suffering from water retention. If so, do not drink more than 1.5 litres of fluids per day (preferably green tea and water) and do not eat salty food. Make sure you’re eating plenty of protein.

Another lean chat, mostly taken up with people asking if it’s ok for them to eat crackers/biscuits/cake then do exercise to compensate. Those moderators have the patience of saints. I’d be replying ‘read the book people, just read the book’.

I'll vouch for the raw oatbran one...like sawdust!! Early on in diet+no time = that lesson x

- If you eat an entire chocolate cake with butter cream icing then do two sit ups, you will not gain any weight*.

I expect to see this answer given in the next live chat.

*Views expressed in this reply do not necessarily reflect the views of the official Dukan site and may, in fact, not contribute to weight loss at all.

I wonder if I can get a refund on my sticky toffee pudding or should I just swim an extra length !!!

Joodle thank you for passing on those tips

Love this thread!

LOL all great stuff, nice one.

That's the advice they've given a few times, yes Elisheba. But if you've been eating more and still losing, I wouldn't worry. Think they limit them as most types do contain some carbs. Jx

Yep, they've definitely not got their advice completely set in stone yet! I also think different moderators give out slightly different answers....

Live chat from 18[SUP]th[/SUP] July 2012

• Lean ham is allowed as long as it is less than 10% fat [Am wondering if this means meat replacement products under 10% fat are ok too?]

• Lapses can affect your weight even weeks after they happen, which can be the cause of seemingly inexplicable gains or stagnations

• The last few kilos/pounds are the most difficult to lose as your body tries to resist. Try leaving aside all tolerated foods and increase your physical activity to speed up your weight loss.

• Tolerated sausage stats (per sausage, two tolerated per day): 12g protein; 0.11g carbs; 0.26 sugars*; 7.6g fat of which 2.8g saturates (*This is what is written but I don’t see how there can be more sugars than total carbs...am I being dumb?)

• Intolerable sausage* stats (per sausage, not tolerated because of carbs) : 9g protein; 5g carbs; 1.7g fat of which 0.75g saturates [This last answer confuses me as some of the tolerated yoghurts seem to contain fairly even ratios of protein and carbs, so why aren’t these sausages, with higher protein than carb amounts, tolerated too? But I don’t eat meat so am not exactly a sausage expert! Wish they’d just give us a formula with max values e.g. it’s allowed if it has max 10% fat, max 5% carbs, minimum 8% protein or something. Sounds like they are working from some kind of formula themselves but can’t help feel it would be easier if they would just tell us! Maybe that would make us too self-sufficient for their liking though....]

• Pork is not allowed even under 7% fat. No reason given apart from ‘Dr Dukan doesn’t allow it’. Hmm.

• You can have 200 grams of stewed rhubarb to help with constipation [Think this answers a previous question about whether the 200g was raw or cooked]

• Weight loss cannot be linear during the diet - you will encounter ups and downs regularly, many of which are caused by constipation

• Low fat or fat free broth or stock (including home-made fish stock) are allowed in unlimited amounts

• Up to 300g per day of fat free and sugar free jelly is allowed a day

I also love how many people ask questions along the lines of ‘I seem to be stagnating, I don’t think the diet is working any more, what can I do?’ and invariably get a response from the moderator saying ‘I’ve looked at your journal and you have had 3 lapses in the last week which is why you are stagnating’. Love seeing them get busted so publicly! :sign0151:

*The Intolerable Sausage would be a great name for a pub. No? Ok then.

Key points from live chat 19[SUP]th[/SUP] July 2012

• Dr Dukan's new book "The Dukan Diet 100 Eat As Much As You Want Foods" with a lot of exclusive recipes is now available [Hate to give them a free plug but there you go. Bet we’ve got better recipes on here mind you!]
  • Stevia or xylithol are recommended for people who can’t have artificial sweeteners [although I find this a bit dubious and would be double checking with a doctor if I’d been told I couldn’t have artificial sweeteners....]
  • Dairy products are allowed as long as they are no more than 2% fat, without added sugar or any fruit bits
  • You can have 3 cans of diet coke a day during any phase
  • You can use 1 teaspoon of olive oil or rapeseed oil per day.
  • Onions can be cooked in a bit of water to save using any of the daily oil allowance
  • When just starting out on Consolidation, you may find you immediately put on weight when introducing bread and fruit. There is no need to go back to cruise when this happens – it is normal as it takes a bit of time for your body to adjust itself to all the new food. Stick to the programme with one PP day a week and things should stabilise
  • If you are going to be fasting for Ramadan, stay on cruise but really fill up on protein in the morning, then break the fast with a galette and plenty of protein in the evening
  • Shirataki noodles can help with constipation

[FONT=ArialMT, sans-serif]Livechat from Friday 20[/FONT][SUP][FONT=ArialMT, sans-serif]th[/FONT][/SUP][FONT=ArialMT, sans-serif]July 2012[/FONT]

• [FONT=ArialMT, sans-serif]Vitamin C is fine in pill form[/FONT]
  • [FONT=ArialMT, sans-serif]Drinking really ice cold water is recommended for constipation[/FONT]
  • [FONT=ArialMT, sans-serif]Psyllium is allowed even on PP days but only in pill form[/FONT]
  • [FONT=ArialMT, sans-serif]In consolidation, the most reliable way to monitor your weight is by comparing what you weigh the day after your PP day. There are likely to be fluctuations during the week as your body gets used to the new food items you have introduced but your actual weight should be more stable after a PP day.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=ArialMT, sans-serif]Some people lose inches before they see a difference on the scales[/FONT]
  • [FONT=ArialMT, sans-serif]Alcohol is the worst lapse you can do – it is extremely detrimental to your weight loss and takes your body quite a long time to recuperate from. (Erm...don't shoot the messenger, remember?)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=ArialMT, sans-serif]Seitan, tofu and quorn are acceptable substitutes for meat

That's it until Monday apparently folks!

Jx
    [/FONT]

You're a STAR thank you very much Joodle! (and I've been around for a while now so hardly any of it is new but the contradictions etc are amazing!) And Lean Ham under 10%? I've never touched ham that had more than 2% fat...

Joodle said:
Live chat from 18[SUP]th[/SUP] July 2012
[*]Lapses can affect your weight even weeks after they happen, which can be the cause of seemingly inexplicable gains or stagnations.

Joodlebob, I am still LOVING all this information, thank you :D

Read this excerpt and first thought was "Wow, that's interesting" but the more I ponder, the more I think "Hogwash"!

Would be interested to hear other views ....

P (self-proclaimed sausage expert) ;)
x

Back