Dukan Live Chats in a Nutshell

Love Dr.Dukans original diet, all this contradiction makes Dukan look like an arse tbh. He needs to stop changing boundarys his original format works, he's pampering to the needs of many. And I agree if I slip more than the two week cycle noooo way is it going to affect my weight down the line!

sididd said:
Love Dr.Dukans original diet, all this contradiction makes Dukan look like an arse tbh. He needs to stop changing boundarys his original format works, he's pampering to the needs of many. And I agree if I slip more than the two week cycle noooo way is it going to affect my weight down the line!

Sid, will you please get off the fence and say it like it is ...!! ;) ;)

P x

Lol : -)

Loooove this thread Joodle!! Would not be paying soooo much for coaching that is for sure!! x

I have a problem with :
Psyllium is allowed even on PP days but only in pill form
Psyllium is just fiber... either pill or powder

Key points from live chat 19[SUP]th[/SUP] July 2012

• You can have 3 cans of diet coke a day during any phase

I think this is another contridiction. I use a glass that is 250ml and I limit myself to three glasses of coke zero a day and the rest of my fluids are cold water or hot drinks. A can of coke is 330ml. That basically means you can have a litre of coke a day. (all but 10ml) I restricted my coke because of what I'd read. though not sure if that was book or site.

I think i will stick to the original book for the main advice, the information from the chat does give you something to think about,and you can filter out what seems to be ok and what seems to be misleading but i suppose that the diet is relatively new in comparison with WW or SW, how many times have these diets changed over the years? but i suppose the difference is that they seem to wait and see what happens then do one big new launch rather than Dukan where it seems to be offering different conflicting advice each week. I think that this may lead to more confusion, especially for those who haven't read the books and are depending on forums and websites for the information. Just my thoughts. xx

I'm still convinced that if a person only ever had the book they would lose weight anyway, lets face it a change is a change for the better.

I will stick to whats been working for me. Yesterday I had coke at home, and we went out for tea and could only have coke there, ended up with far far too much coke and put quarter on this morning!!!

Yep, it's definitely interesting to see all the contradictions come to light from the live chats. I kind of see how it happens though. I mean, Sid and Collette and all are right - the original way was the most severe and will pretty much guarantee results. But having the additional tolerated items makes it easier for some people to stick to in the long run, so I can see why they're introducing them. I reckon the thing to remember is that sticking to pure protein on PP days and then only adding in veggies on PV days is the bottom line. We can probably all cope with a few 'tolerated' items although some people may get away with more of them than others. Or you might be ok with one tolerated but not another.

I don't mind all the inconsistencies so much, as I can forgive them for trying to tweak the diet as they go along. What I find a bit annoying is that they don't always explain the thinking behind their decrees and I think that's why we're all going 'what? That doesn't make sense. Hogwash!'. I still think they're trying to make sure we need to go to them with every little question as if they just give us the basic guidelines on proportions of protein:carbs:fat we'd be able to do it without them!

So I'll keep scanning the live chats and posting here, but we should probably keep taking them with a pinch of (very un-Dukan) salt. Bottom line is, we know when we've put on weight or stagnated and we probably have an inkling of why this should be - from reading the diaries it strikes me that the most successful Dukanettes know themselves really well and know what they can or can't get away with to keep losing.

Let's see what Monday's chat brings!

Jx

Live chat from Monday 23rd July

• Protein powder is optional where given in recipes
  • 2.2% fat cottage cheese is fine
  • 1 tbsp goji berries are allowed on PP days while 2 are allowed on PV. They count as a tolerated item
  • Burgers up to 5% fat are allowed
  • Jelly does not count as part of your liquid intake, nor does skimmed milk, which should be counted as part of your 1kg of daily dairy
  • If you can’t find Quark you can mix together low fat cottage cheese with some low fat plain yoghurt to get a smooth but not runny texture
  • You can have one kilo of low fat, ideally fat free dairies without any added sugar (fructose, glucose, corn starch syrup...) nor fruit bites, per day. There are no specific brands as long as you follow these instructions.
  • You cannot have more than 8 crab sticks per day
  • Beef braesola or lean horse ones [blurgh] are best
  • You can have spirulina and chlorella (green algae with high protein content) in pill form during all phases
  • It’s best not to have more than 8 teaspoons of sweetener per day
  • Antibiotics can inhibit weight loss.
  • If you are lacking energy when exercising hard, you can have an extra oat bran galette beforehand and take some orange juice or fruit puree with you while you’re exercising. After your exercise have some milk, a yoghurt or some crab sticks.

Joodle said:
[*]If you are lacking energy when exercising hard, you can have an extra oat bran galette beforehand and take some orange juice or fruit puree with you while you're exercising.

WHAT?!! :eek:

P x

See now another contridiction....the book says burgers are allowed up to 10% as there are very few that are lower.

Crabstick contridiction again!!!!!

As for sweetner. if you have it in drinks, yogurt, baking then its already more than 8. Where do they get these numbers from. Grrr will stick to whats been working.

I'm still convinced that if a person only ever had the book they would lose weight anyway, lets face it a change is a change for the better.

I will stick to whats been working for me. Yesterday I had coke at home, and we went out for tea and could only have coke there, ended up with far far too much coke and put quarter on this morning!!!

Sometimes I drink up to 2 liters of diet coke a day.
It never slowed my weight loss.

omg i just found this thread .... what have i been doing??? great thread joodle, the bit about an extra oatbran gallette or fruit juice or fruit puree when excersizing (spelt wrong i know) is a little bit spun out!! but everyone is correct stick to the book go back over it if your unsure and if your thinking of starting this diet ...GET THE BOOK!! you will need it! xx

Well said Charly. Elisheba, I don't mind the coke, but I do stick to 3 glasses a day, works out to .75lt. I think all the coke the other day was more gases etc., and made me bloat and in pain.
its what we're used to eh?

DF, I think this is the key thing - sticking to what's been working for us individually. It's up to us to figure out what we can and can't tolerate while we're losing weight and it's bound to be different for everyone. That's what I'm taking as the main lesson from all these crazy contradictions. They can't make up one rule because we're all so very different. But who knows?!

I just loved Monday's crabstick question - can you have more than 8 if you had 6 as breakfast :D

Haha, me too! Like 'yes, of course, your body can't count that well so you can trick it by having some at breakfast and some later in the day. Maybe paint little moustaches and glasses on them before you eat them - that'll definitely trick your body and allow you to eat more.'

Who are these poor people?!!? Pauline, is it you? I know you love your crab sticks. :giggle:

WHAT?!! :eek:

P x

Yeah, I know. I'd seen that before as advice for someone running a marathon (as in, after 26 miles you can have 100ml orange juice) but this was to someone who was running 4 miles but finding they were getting very tired. Pinch of salt methinks.

Back