Dukan Live Chats in a Nutshell

Actually, you know what, that's made me think. On these live chats, they look at the daily diaries of everyone who asks a question so they can give tailored answers. Maybe that's why some things seem inconsistent? Because they're actually answering them according to the stats and diary of one particular person. If that is true, maybe the contradictions make some sense? But if they weren't more or less universally useful and applicable, why would they publish them on the website?

:confused:

See now another contridiction....the book says burgers are allowed up to 10% as there are very few that are lower.

Crabstick contridiction again!!!!!

As for sweetner. if you have it in drinks, yogurt, baking then its already more than 8. Where do they get these numbers from. Grrr will stick to whats been working.

Yeah, 8 teaspoons is hardly anything. I'm thinking 2 in my daily muffins, 2 stirred into yoghurt, maybe a coffee with sugar free syup = + 1 or 2 tsp, a glass of sugar free squash...really adds up! But if you're making it work then stick to it I'd say!

Jx

omg i just found this thread .... what have i been doing??? great thread joodle, the bit about an extra oatbran gallette or fruit juice or fruit puree when excersizing (spelt wrong i know) is a little bit spun out!! but everyone is correct stick to the book go back over it if your unsure and if your thinking of starting this diet ...GET THE BOOK!! you will need it! xx
Haha, thanks Charly - that's what I felt when I discovered Caro's 'things you only know if you're on Dukan' thread about a year after everyone else! And yep, think this is a case of keep it simple, the book works. Still, interesting to see what they come out with every day!

Jx

Joodle said:
Who are these poor people?!!? Pauline, is it you? I know you love your crab sticks. :giggle:

Oh you are naughty, Joodlebob, you've put 'mischief-making' in my head now .... ;)

P x

Paulinegin said:
Oh you are naughty, Joodlebob, you've put 'mischief-making' in my head now .... ;)

P x

Dare you to sign up to get coaching JUST so you can ask daft questions of the moderators during the live chats. We can sign up together - first one to make a moderator crack and type: 'No, you idiot, can't you see there's no way you can eat 20 kilos of chocolate then wash it all away with 3 glasses of ice cold water and a single press up. Aaaargh, I'm off to sign up as a Weight Watchers leader' wins.

So now I'm wondering - if I have half a chocolate fudge cake for breakfast does that count as a cheat ? I mean, since I'd be having it for brekkie??? Or maybe that would count as a tolerated? :D

I know they supposedly tailor the advice to each person, but countless times I've read people complaining that their personalised daily menus include fish when they've repeatedly told their counsellors they don't eat fish... Ah well. Keep at it Joodle, sometimes there's worthwhile advice to be had and other times it is good for a laugh :)

Joodle said:
Haha, me too! Like 'yes, of course, your body can't count that well so you can trick it by having some at breakfast and some later in the day. Maybe paint little moustaches and glasses on them before you eat them - that'll definitely trick your body and allow you to eat more.'

Who are these poor people?!!? Pauline, is it you? I know you love your crab sticks. :giggle:

Lol :)

So now I'm wondering - if I have half a chocolate fudge cake for breakfast does that count as a cheat ? I mean, since I'd be having it for brekkie??? Or maybe that would count as a tolerated? :D

It's fine as a tolerated, as long as you don't eat the other half in the same day! :D

P x

Ha! I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see a question like that Cheesegirl. Baffling.

Now, on a hunt for info about youghurts (I know, I know, it's been covered, I just still don't really get it...) I found this great thread by some of our Dukan 'ancestors'. Looks like the discussions we've been having about why the advice keeps changing are not new ones - this is definitely worth a read, thanks to Joanne, Anjuschka, Fractal et al! http://www.minimins.com/dukan-diet/187749-yogurts-please.html

Ha! I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see a question like that Cheesegirl. Baffling.

Now, on a hunt for info about youghurts (I know, I know, it's been covered, I just still don't really get it...) I found this great thread by some of our Dukan 'ancestors'. Looks like the discussions we've been having about why the advice keeps changing are not new ones - this is definitely worth a read, thanks to Joanne, Anjuschka, Fractal et al! http://www.minimins.com/dukan-diet/187749-yogurts-please.html

Ha ha I am an Ancestor now :D:D

I'm so fed up with this interminable yoghurt discussion which is why I have long stopped contributing I'm afraid. We started with ML Vanilla and toffe yes, then no, then tolerated... I worked out what worked for me and stuck with it... Definitely no fruit, no fruit bits etc. Only fat-free yoghurt, and only those flavoured ones (ie toffee vanilla) which use sweetener (ie 'diet ones' though some also have fructose). Some of the flavoured diet yoghurt have less carbs/sugars on their labels than plain fat-free yoghurt anyway...
For conso at first I allowed myself WW citrus yoghurts. And added fruity ones later.

On a different French thread (in 2010) they were discussing the yoghurt and for the flavoured ones the rule was 'as long as they are no more than 40 cal per 100gr they are okay' - that was going the whole French 'Sveltesse' range of flavoured yoghurts...

It's always the same with 'prepared' foods, you NEVER KNOW what they have added (starches, fillers, sweeteners, fructose) and labels are difficult to decipher so I stick to basics and flavour yourself. Boring I know, and not always conveient but then you have to weigh up the pros and cons...

So in my book sausages are off the menu too. totally, regardless of the carb/fat etc count, be they pork or venison or beef or poultry. I will admint that I was excited when I found that the Poulrty frankfurters (by Herta) are tolerated, I was quite desperate by that stage and I have had them very occasionally so I can 'join in' with a family meal, but of course now I can have sausages for my 'gala meal' so it's more flexible.

It's fine as a tolerated, as long as you don't eat the other half in the same day! :D

P x
actually theres a correction there you can have the other half if you trick your body into thinking it hasnt had the first half ..remember it cant count pmsl x

Yeah, 8 teaspoons is hardly anything. I'm thinking 2 in my daily muffins, 2 stirred into yoghurt, maybe a coffee with sugar free syup = + 1 or 2 tsp, a glass of sugar free squash...really adds up! But if you're making it work then stick to it I'd say!

Jx

Do you have this? I've not checked all the threads yet, but we were askign yesterday on one thread about sugar free / no added sugar squash.

If yes, which do you buy please. This would def help with the water issue. :D

anjuschka said:
Ha ha I am an Ancestor now :D:D

I'm so fed up with this interminable yoghurt discussion which is why I have long stopped contributing I'm afraid.

Yes you are, a venerable ancestor!

Don't blame you on the yoghurt ennui - I am bored of it too and I've only been here 6 weeks! That's why I was hunting through old posts rather than starting a new thread. We all find the 'cheats' we're comfortable with I guess, especially when apart from the 0% stuff, there are no other legal options. Found some lovely flavoured ones in Geneva, guess they're more normal on the continent! Thanks for dropping by, wise leader! Jx

I love this thread! Even though I'm not doing Dukan at the moment, I still like to pop by and read...

I did sign up for coaching on the French site years ago for a few months and one day, having ticked the box on the daily report that I was struggling with cravings, the response was to: have a banana! (WHAT?!!) Go figure!

As to some of the responses you'd have loved to give to some questions, some of us DID give them here on occasion in total exasperation, hence the "Witch" titles which crept in when one acceptant of our hard line advice here defended us to an upset newbie yet referred to us as "the Witches". "Ancestors" is a far nicer title, for which I thank you!

the witches lmfao funni stuff! xx

Do you have this? I've not checked all the threads yet, but we were askign yesterday on one thread about sugar free / no added sugar squash.

If yes, which do you buy please. This would def help with the water issue. :D

Yeah, I do...am I not meant to?! Oops. I use the robinson's fruit squashes with no added sugar and have tried to make myself enjoy them quite weak. I also have any of the fanta zero range, ribena extra light etc etc. I don't have them every day and I don't have more than one serving (e.g. 330ml can or large glass) a day. Might be causing some of the weird readings I've had though? Damn. I should probably cut out all sweetener if I want to do this properly...

Jx

I love this thread! Even though I'm not doing Dukan at the moment, I still like to pop by and read...

I did sign up for coaching on the French site years ago for a few months and one day, having ticked the box on the daily report that I was struggling with cravings, the response was to: have a banana! (WHAT?!!) Go figure!

As to some of the responses you'd have loved to give to some questions, some of us DID give them here on occasion in total exasperation, hence the "Witch" titles which crept in when one acceptant of our hard line advice here defended us to an upset newbie yet referred to us as "the Witches". "Ancestors" is a far nicer title, for which I thank you!

Thanks Joanne. Bananas though? Sounds like someone had been at the Dukan eggnog or something, how weird. Loving the witches story, I did wonder about how those names came about! What I find funny is that people get annoyed about the answers - I mean, as if you made up the rules to which their body will respond. Nowt as queer as folk!

Got a bit behind with these but still managed to save the text from the site so here's the start of the backlog.

Live chat from 25th July

- You know you're suffering from water retention when you feel a bit bigger especially your legs and fingers. Your legs also feel heavier.
- Respect the proportions of 1/3 vegetables to 2/3 protein to avoid water retention
- Wheat bran is found in bran breads and muffins, and is perfect for keeping you regular or alleviating constipation. It is rich in insoluble fibre, which you can have from the cruise phase and onwards. Oat bran effectively: improves heart health,lowers cholesterol levels, and prevents diabetes. You can have oat bran as early as the attack phase onwards.
- [Response to someone struggling with maintenance who said they found it tougher than earlier phases] What you are saying does not sound stupid, its actually very understandable. Its true the stabilisation is where you regain the freedom to eat what you want 6 days a week but you do your PP day one day of the week for life. You have done a great job so far but now you have to go out into the world and put what you have learned from this diet into practice on a daily basis. Should you ever get into trouble with you weight, go back to the consolidation phase and use this as your guidelines. Remember that the same actions will have the same consequences when it comes to food. It does not matter how much you eat, what you eat is more important. Remember this and you will be just fine.
- During the first two phases it is important to weigh everyday so we [the Dukan site coaches] can have a very accurate weight curve. This allows us to see and to understand when and why you could be stagnating or putting on weight if it happens. If this is disturbing you, then I would recommend to weigh at least 3 or 4 times a week.

Will carry on with the rest tomorrow, can't keep my eyes open! (Either I'm knackered, or the endless questions about jelly, yoghurt and whether you can have bran flakes have got to me.....)

Live chat from 26th July:

- On attack, it's best not to have more than one egg yolk per day and as many whites as you want. In case of cholesterol do not have more than 2-3 egg yolks per week. [It would seem eggs are the new yoghurt, in terms of confusing and contradictory advice I mean.....]
- All dairy under 2% fat can be eaten as part of your one kilo max of dairy intake per day. Any dairy item between 3 and 7% fat counts as a tolerated food and you can have 30g of it per day.
-- You can only have one glass of red wine, not beer, as part of your celebration meal. [Funny that. Why do I get the impression that this was made up by a wine loving Frenchman...?]
- You can have 1 tbsp goji berries on PP days and 2 tbsps on PV days.
- You can take evening primrose oil as long as it is pill [presumably mean capsule?] form

Best part of the chat was the person new to attack who asked 'can I have salad as part of attack?' Sonja answers no. New person: 'how about string beans then?'

Last edited:
Back