DUKAN ON A BUDGET ...

Thanks Anja I'll keep an eye out.

M&S 3 for £10 deal usually isnt as good value as the supermarkets, but some of the fish included is, there are packs of lemon sole included that are usually £5-£6 each, which itself is too much for me but a good deal if buying 3.

Hi,

At Asda you can get a "seafood shaker" containing prawns, mussels, squid and surimi for only £2!!! Its cooked and the sauce comes seperate so you dont have to eat that (though i do think its mainly vinegar). Its lots (i mean lots) of seafood which you can add your own flavourings to and is cheaper than buying a pack of prawns.

can anyone let me know about eating sugar free sweets please?
are we allowed and if so, what are people eating?
thank you

DD doesn't say, but I eat them. I get those Swiss ones -Ricola? DD also suggests sugar free chewing gum, which I like as it seems yo moderate hunger.

I use sugarfree gum, in fruit flavours. I find it stops craving for sweet things mid-afternoon, but I know some people report that gum chewing triggers cravings - so try it out carefully, with that caution in mind.

Extra Lean Steak Mince at Tesco 4.48% fat. It costs £3.30 for 500g but is currently on offer - buy 2 for £6.

Also Tesco, Mullers are on BOGOF and they cost £3.29.

HTH xx

I use the butchers and get their steak mince which is very low fat. It costs less than any supermarket deal. Also their chicken breasts etc will all be cheaper too with the added bonus of being able to order and get wrapped exactly what you want. I shall be asking if the make chicken sausages next time I am in and if so can they make them without non Dukan fillers.

sausages always have rusk in... alas... hence "in my day" were a no go. Now well <eyes raised!>... they're a tolerated food so only if you're in cruise, happy with your loss, prick them well, and cook them very well to get out all fat.

In this economic climate the shops, especially the independents, are always on the lookout for something to bring in the customers. They have said to me if there is something I want they will do their best. So I will ask if they can make them with minced chicken breasts, spices and herbs and maybe some leeks for cruise days. Since there is so little Dukan food out there you can buy ready made, they may well find it is a good seller. Sometimes if you are willing to buy enough of it, they will make it for you anyway. I shall ask on Friday when I go in.

Tesco have their Alaskan wild salmon fillets on offer, 600g (6 fillets) for £5.
Also, their Finest raw king prawns 250g half price at £2.49

Thanks, mmouse - bought 3 bags of their oat bran last week, grrrrr!

If anyone are steak eaters asda have a good deal on with two packs for ten pound. Ended up with three sirloins and five rumps for a tenner! :D

Total 0% Greek yoghurt 500g on offer at Morrison's for £1.50 :)

Following Dukan friendly things on offer at Tesco...

8 Muller Light Yogs for £2

Splenda £2.49 for 125g instead of £3.15

Extra Lean Steak Mince still on offer at 2 x 500g for £6 (usual price £3.30 each)

Tesco Oatbran on 3 for 2 BUT I bought this a few weeks ago when it was not on offer for 99p, now it's on offer it's £1.49 :eek: so actually works out at a penny more for the 3!!! :rolleyes:
I'll be interested in seeing the price of this once the "offer" ends.

HTH xx

Don't forget fishmongers for fish - much nicer tasting and often much cheaper than the supermarkets. We get salmon every week now and it is SO much tastier than Tescos yet half the price and they will fillet it for you.

Back