Dukan Recipe Thread

Hello there! If you're on attack, this is the recipe. If on cruise, you can have 2 tablespoons of oatbran, and add 1 of wheatbran (if your transit is slow - it makes for a nicer taste anyway in my opinion!)

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 tablespoons of Oat Bran
    1 1/2 tablespoons of non-fat fromage frais or quark
    1 egg (or egg white if have cholesterol problems)

Directions

Put oat bran in a bowl, add non-fat fromage grais or quark and one egg.

Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and pour on to a non stick pan that has been greased beforehand with fry lite spray.

Cook for 2-3 minutes each side.

One tip is not to try to turn it until you're sure the first side is cooked, else it can all go sadly wrong... Once turned, I usually press down on the pancake to make it thinner and to cook it through.

But I prefer muffins (see page 1)

Welcome Kay and feel free to start a diary and join in on the other threads! (and fill in your User CP so we can see what you weigh and how tall you are etc... we're a nosey crowd!)

Thanks they do look great and I might definitely try some.
But do use with caution - 3 eggs in a pancake recipe for one dose of Oatbran??

Also the pictures are somewhat 'idealised' in certain cases.

As they all (at least the recipes) come from "the" new recipe book, another case of "Dr Dukan goes commercial"?

No I think it's just part of the publicity machine that rolls in to action when a book comes out. And the English versions have just been published so the publisher will have been bombarding all the papers with press releases etc. And it's a good subject for their column to write about.

hmm I'm not so sure.... a lot of the time newspapers and magazines show "promotional" ads.... as the column hasn't shown details of other diets recently....i'll reserve judgement :)

I was in the Femail online section of the DM... no one paid me!

When I lost my weight in 2002... Femail did a two parter on me :) (Good job no one's asked me for an update!!)...

Rhubarb Crumble

microwave 1 ramekin full of rhubarb with about 1 tbspn of water for about 3 mins.

drain excess fluid and then add sweetener to taste

Topping

Mix 2 tbspn oatbran, i tbspn wheatbran, 1 tbspn sweetener and approx 1 or 2 tbspn of water, until the mixture starts to kind of clump together and look a bit like crumble.

Spread the crumble over the fruit and bake at 180 for 20 - 30 mins.

I served with a big dollup of 0% fat greek yoghurt mixed with a little sweetener.

You could also use the topping without the sweetener to make a savoury crumle perhaps with chicken and philly?

This is good! I cooked the rhubarb with ginger, then added sweetner, added the crumble mix and in the oven (and made a cake for the kids as the oven was on anyway). Had it with a little fromage blanc on the top.

Will try Jo's recipe tomorrow!

This is good! I cooked the rhubarb with ginger, then added sweetner, added the crumble mix and in the oven (and made a cake for the kids as the oven was on anyway). Had it with a little fromage blanc on the top.

Will try Jo's recipe tomorrow!

Glad it went down well; I am going to try a savoury version with salmon today. I was surprised at how crumble-like it was when there is no fat in it!

Good to hear it re the crumble...

Sorry I went home after posting about femail. No nothing to do with Dukan as I lost weight on my own. I can't for the life of me recall now how I was initially contacted, but I do remember speaking to someone at some point on the phone... and they asked me to type up "my story" (which they used to some extent, but they did change things (aaah I can see how the stars complain at being mis-quoted!)).

This isn't exactly recipe oriented, but since we're here, and the link doesn't seem to have expired, here you go. Remember this was before I knew anything about Dukan. And concerned my weight reduction from 22 stone to 10 stone 9lbs in 2002-2003. (and errr they wrote that I was their Slimmer of the Year of 2003!)

Part 1 - you'll note that I used a pseudo from the French website:
Femailer slimmer of the year | Mail Online

Part 2 -
How Kelly lost 11 stone | Mail Online

It has done me good to read this stuff again... (And I smiled at my conclusion in "Part 2" where I say "I don't like salads!")

My extreme reaction to the weight I have gained back needs putting back into perspective! (Oh and I smoked back then too...)

seafood quiches

Individual seafood quiches (PP or PV)... cooked in muffin moulds... very useful to add to lunches at work

3 eggs for six little quiches (I tend to throw a yolk away for the sake of my arteries, and don't notice!)
a little water

+ whatever you fancy as main ingredient
frozen seafood - defrosted, cooked briefly in a little skimmed milk
prawns - ditto if frozen
smoked salmon - diced
smoked fish

if PV, cherry tomatoes or diced pepper go well

Preheat your oven to Gas Mark 6
In a pouring jug, whisk eggs, add a little water, salt + pepper
Half fill your muffin moulds with whatever ingredient you're using - you can mix and match so that you haven't got six the same
Pour egg mixture over.

To easily identify your PV quiches after cooking, think to shake some mixed herbs over the top!
These quiches sound lovely please can you tell me how long you cook them for ?

just check them like a normal quiche Kay , mine take about 20 mins but i make 12 really small ones

Dukan newbie here ladies. Can someone please enlighten me as to where I can purchase Skimmed Milk POWDER???????????

Many thanks

Glad it went down well; I am going to try a savoury version with salmon today. I was surprised at how crumble-like it was when there is no fat in it!

This is gorgeous with salmon. Cooked salmon, with dabs of extra light philly (30g) and then cover in the crumble mix and cook for about 15 mins. Don't forget to omit the sweetener from the crumble:D

Dukan newbie here ladies. Can someone please enlighten me as to where I can purchase Skimmed Milk POWDER???????????

Many thanks

You'll find dried skimmed milk in any major supermarket... the trick is finding where they've hidden it! (Ask an assistant if you really can't find it!)

Back