Dukan Recipe Thread

Just awake until about 3.....quite normal for me really.

PV Italian Seafood Soup - Cioppino

This is a dinner-party staple of mine as its quite impressive served in a big bowl with loads of seafood (though I did used to serve over spaghetti... that bit's gone!) I adjusted slightly (only had to remove Olive Oil) and I've made a huge batch since starting Cruise and use it on PV days. Its great to have on hand as it can be used as base for loads of things. Its also quite easy (despite the lengthy recipe ;))!

[FONT=&quot]Dukanized Cioppino[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1/2 cup fresh basil leaves[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3 garlic cloves, peeled[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 medium onion chopped[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2x400 g can chopped tomatoes, undrained [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 x Tbsp Tomato paste[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 cups water[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]¼ cup dry white wine[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 tbsp Splenda (or like)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 tsp salt[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1/4 tsp oregano (Mediterranean is BEST)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1/4 tsp pepper[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Season to taste (I add cayenne for pep)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]For Special Meal:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Seafood to add last[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Need to be alive when bought and cleaned before cooking.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]500g raw cleaned shrimp (I leave tails on when serving for a dinner party)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 dozen mussels and 1 dozen clams if you can get [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1kg white fish (deboned and cut into pieces) – use anything… haddock or cod[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Directions[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Rub oil in large Dutch oven medium heat.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Chop parsley and basil coarsely.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Add garlic to electric chopper or food processor, then parsley and basil for a few seconds. Add all to pan.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Pulse onion in processor and also add to oil[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Sauté about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Season to taste [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Add tomatoes, paste, water, wine, sugar, salt, oregano, and pepper to pot. Cover and simmer over medium to low heat for 30 minutes at least – I personally let them simmer for nearly 2 hours over low heat. (You can make this part a day ahead and refrigerate.)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I use the tomato base for loads of Dukan meals – meatballs, seafood, prawns only. Just heat up the (soup base) and then add meat or whatever you like or nothing at all – my daughter eats just like soup.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If you are making it proper for a special meal follow these instructions just before serving:[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Add clams and mussels to soup and simmer about 15 minutes or until shells pop open. Then add all remaining fish and shrimp and cook for 5-10 minutes more.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Serve[/FONT]

Hi All

I wanted to have a go at making the muffins but I can't find any fat free fromage frais. Do you know if I could replace it with quark or greek yoghurt?

Thanks
Lynsey

Chinese Chilli beef

Hi everyone,
I'm new to Dukan (day 2) and also forums but made this for dinner tonight and felt the need to share! : )

Chinese Chilli Beef
2 good sized beef steaks
1 finely chopped red chilli (not a mega hot variety)
2 cloves crushed garlic
1 tbsp aspartame
1/2 tsp vinegar
1/2 tsp mustard
1/4 cup of soy sauce

Cut the beef into thin strips. Mix all other ingredients in a bowl and add the steak and mix. Fry for 4-5 mins until sticky. Enjoy x

Yesterday was a PP day and had

Breakfast - yoghurt with oatbran
Snack - tin of tuna
Lunch - two chiken breasts
Snack - smoked salmon
Dinner - tandoori chicken (alot!!!)

Then went to the pub after work and had water :)

Today has been a PV and I've had:

Breakfast - Dukan toast with quark on top
Lunch - 8oz steak and veg (mmmm)
Dinnher - left over tandoori chicken and salad

not really been very hunrgy today so not had much to eat.

Planning on a chicken tomorrow as usual :) I really am gettin addicted to chicken these days it's amazing! Lol

For that nutella recipe - tell me about "skimmed cocoa powder"... can you buy that in England? Over here, that recipe exists but the "cocoa" has to be sugar free, and fat free(?!), and can only be bought in bio shops. Quantity allowed is 1 tspsn per day on Cruise ONLY. Not attack.

(I have never made it.)

Sugar free jelly - glanced at the composition and I'd say NO (Sainsbury's website is excellent for giving you the breakdown of foods...)
Energy1187kJ/279kcal34kJ/8kcalProtein52.9g1.5gCarbohydrate16.8g0.5gFatTraceTrace
Hi Maintainer,
I have been using the Hartleys sugar free jelly. Is this one ok, do you know?
energy 284kcal (100g) protein 62.6g carbs 8.4g fat trace.
thanks.

GOT THIS RECIPE FROM ANOTHER FORUM AND JUST MADE IT. IT WAS LOVELY. I WILL COPY AND PASTE IT
(THIS IS FROM DUKANER FORUM by LADYMEBA)
I used a ratio of 5 or 6 heaped tablespoons of yogurt to 1 little teaspoon of jelly (jello) crystals - don't forget to dissolve them in a little hot water before adding to the yogurt.
When the hot, jelly water has cooled add it to the yogurt and stir well.
Place in the freezer and set your first alarm for 25 - 30 minutes.
When the alarm goes off take the yogurt out and really stir well to get rid of as many water crystals as possible.
Rinse and repeat... and repeat...
Mine took about 4 hours but it really was worth it.
Mine came out with a delicate Strawberry flavour, a lovely light pink colour and just a little sweetness.

Here is the original page
http://http://travelingspoonblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/easy-frozen-yogurt-no-ice-cream-maker.html

And here is the original recipe

Easy Homemade Frozen Yogurt
1 package sugar-free gelatin (4 serving-size), any flavor (I used Hartleys Sugar Free Jelly and nowhere near this amount)
1/2 cup boiling water (I would use just enough to dissolve the crystals - 1/2 cup is way too much)
32 oz. nonfat plain yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract (I didn't bother with that... cos I didn't see the point )

Combine the boiling water and Jell-o powder in a medium bowl. Stir well, making sure all the gelatin powder dissolves (it has a tendency to clump at the base of the bowl). Allow to cool slightly before stirring in yogurt and extract. Stir until there are no lumps and the gelatin mixture is evenly distributed.

If you have an ice-cream maker, this is the point at which you transfer the mixture and follow your machine's directions. If you're trying it by hand, like me, pour mixture into a freezer-safe bowl and place in the freezer. After 20 minutes, remover bowl from freezer and stir mixture, taking care to scrape the sides of the bowl. Stir until smooth and return bowl to the freezer.

Repeat this stirring process every 25-35 minutes until your frozen yogurt begins to thicken and set. This may take several hours. Be sure not to miss any stirrings as this will cause ice crystals to form in your yogurt. Also, mixing more frequently will result in lighter, creamier yogurt. Serve immediately when yogurt reaches the desired consistency.
I MADE IT IN AN ICECREAM MAKER WITH FAT FREE NATURAL YOGURT AND A TEASPOON OF SUGAR FREE LIME AND LEMON JELLY(HARTLEYS)
HOPE YOU LIKE IT. IT WAS LOVELY.

Last edited:
Hi Maintainer,
I have been using the Hartleys sugar free jelly. Is this one ok, do you know?
energy 284kcal (100g) protein 62.6g carbs 8.4g fat trace.
thanks.

Hartley's is good!

Hi I'm on attack day 2. Can anyone tell me if it is ok to add a couple of spoons of unset Hartleys sugar free jelly to the fat free natural yogurt as flavouring during attack phase? Thanks

Just subbing this thread to read it later. After some inspiring Dukan recipes!

Back