Dukan v thyroid

So glad I decided to join your Dukan challenge x you are looking fantastic and I think you should post a pic of yourself now xx love you x

Yes the icecreams were so worth it, it was a holiday after all. Resisting certain other things was also worth it too. Its been great to come home and not have a massive gain to tackle.
Mum (super Nana), you have done amazingly well, i can't believe you sts after 5 weeks away and how much you've lost since coming home! So glad the diet has worked for you x
Week 14 weigh in and 6 days after returning from hols = 5lbs lost! Sooooo pleased with that. Thats the 2lb holiday gain gone + another 3lbs:bliss:. I love this diet! I am dead on 2 1/2 stone lost now and also have reached 2 of my goals this week. My skinny jeans fit ( even if movement is restricted and i'm scared they will rub my suntan off) and i've been back to the gym! I am feeling really well and have so much energy. I brought a fitness band at the weekend for added motivation and i love it. I returned to the gym on monday thinking it would be really hard but it wasn't at all (probably because i'm 2 1/2 stone lighter than before!). My fitness band has motivated me to keep moving and in the evenings when i start to get a red line because i've been inactive i get up and run on the spot till its gone (slightly obsessive i know :)). Yesterday i walked to work which is all uphill on the way home and this morning i'm going to bodypump. This will definately hurt in the morning i know but i used to love it.

All in all it feels like life is good at the moment and i love having so much energy and just generally feeling well again! Am so motivated to get rid of the last 2 stone and reach my target. Im at the weight now where i feel happy and usually become complacent which leads to putting it all back on again. I have no intentions of going astray now though. This really is the last time i dukan!!!

What a super positive post!! you are in the zone!

Well done on back at the gym :)
The exercise will help these last two stones to melt off!

Well done on the 5lbs loss :) you've done so well on holiday! I gained 11lbs when I went away for 2 weeks (I did eat like a pig though!) congrats again xx

I love reading you and your mum's posts, TA - so great to see how you're motivating each other, and how proud you are of each other's progress!

Brilliant results after the holiday - well done!

I also used to have problems with ticker factory: sometimes you need to go all the way back to settings and re-confirm the numbers, or set up a new ticker?

Good luck, and looking forward to hearing more great results! Hope you're not too sore from body pump today :)

Cx

I haven't written in here for a good couple of weeks now but still been lurking. My weight has been up 2lb down 2lb every day for a while which has been frustrating but today i'm down an extra 2lb so it's shifting again. Yesterday i was really fed up with the scales not budging.........not thinking about giving up at all but i was definitely sulking! My Mum gave me a talking to and then a customer came i to work and said "my goodness haven't you lost weight!".

This (and my mother) made me realise i need to stop getting so hung up in the numbers! I have lost 37lb!!! :eek:. 6 months ago when i was unwell, i had resigned myself that i was going to relly struggle to loose even a stone, and in 17 weeks i have lost 2 1/2 of them. I just need to carry on being patient and stop getting frustrated with the scales. So note to my future self," the scales will move again.......keep doing what you're doing and stop sulking, look at what you have acheived!"

So some positives for where i am at,
I am over 1/2 way now
I am now medically overweight and no longer obese
I fit in to so many of my slim clothes
People are constantly saying how good i look (they can't all be lying)
I am still on track to meet my target for christmas. (this will make me slimmer than i have been for 11 years)

Hey Tryin Again!

Great to hear that you have got your head firmly back in the game. You not only "can do this" but you "ARE doing this" providing a massive inspiration, not only for all of us on here, but also your family, and especially your Mum - you definitely need to give yourself some credit, lady!!

The massive thing driving me forward at the moment is the chance to not have "to Lose Weight" as a 2015 New Year's Resolution. We've got this!!

Hope you have a brilliant day today - if you're feeling fed up, maybe shake up your menus a bit.
Give us a report on the gym! If you've been cracking on with it, maybe your body is stalling a bit because of the changes?

Wishing you all the best xoxo

I haven't written in here for a good couple of weeks now but still been lurking. My weight has been up 2lb down 2lb every day for a while which has been frustrating but today i'm down an extra 2lb so it's shifting again. Yesterday i was really fed up with the scales not budging.........not thinking about giving up at all but i was definitely sulking! My Mum gave me a talking to and then a customer came i to work and said "my goodness haven't you lost weight!".

This (and my mother) made me realise i need to stop getting so hung up in the numbers! I have lost 37lb!!! :eek:. 6 months ago when i was unwell, i had resigned myself that i was going to relly struggle to loose even a stone, and in 17 weeks i have lost 2 1/2 of them. I just need to carry on being patient and stop getting frustrated with the scales. So note to my future self," the scales will move again.......keep doing what you're doing and stop sulking, look at what you have acheived!"

So some positives for where i am at,
I am over 1/2 way now
I am now medically overweight and no longer obese
I fit in to so many of my slim clothes
People are constantly saying how good i look (they can't all be lying)
I am still on track to meet my target for christmas. (this will make me slimmer than i have been for 11 years)

hi tryin again,

Ive been reading your story and your achievements....fantastic, especially to see all your targets being achieved!!!!

seeing that keeps me motivated to do well too!!

i know what you mean about compliments. For me, they are the single most biggest motivator and they give me the biggest boost...bigger than the scales!!

keep going ....onwards & downwards!!

xxxxxx

Back