Dukan v thyroid

Week 7 -2lbs, very pleased as totm so wasn't really expecting to see a loss. I'm fitting in to so many of my old clothes now and feeling great! I have to say i havent had any difficult days this time round. Even yesterday which i spent most of my time in a&e with my son after he sprained his ankle, i didn't go off plan. There was literally crisp and chocolate machines and then mcdonalds on the way home for him and nothing else available. This would usually send me into a full scale binge because "i had no other choice". Yesterday though my mind set was,"i can't have anything, so i won't have anything!" It did mean i only had one meal yesterday and that was at 9.30pm but when there is no choice i'd rather do that than eat carbs. Oh how i've changed!!!:eek:

Well done on your determination xx Soon be able to relax as well as keep focused ! Looking really good and I think you'll agree it's not hard any more xx

Hi tryin again! Just popping in to follow your diary. I see you've been around here for a while! I'm also a minimins 'returnee' and it's lovely to read all the diaries and meet new (and old!) dukaneers. Your results are amazing so far, and I'll be borrowing some of that motivation too, please :) Have a wonderful weekend and I hope you get a good result on the scales! Cx

Hi tryin again! Just popping in to follow your diary. I see you've been around here for a while! I'm also a minimins 'returnee' and it's lovely to read all the diaries and meet new (and old!) dukaneers. Your results are amazing so far, and I'll be borrowing some of that motivation too, please :) Have a wonderful weekend and I hope you get a good result on the scales! Cx
Hi Dukanista, you're user name rings a bell so we've probably be on here at the same time sometime in the past. I'm really pleased with my weight loss so far, it seems to have slowed down just recently though, however as long as its still moving i'm happy. Good luck with your re-start, going over to look at your diary now x

Hello! Yes, I started here in May 2012 so I'm sure we must have crossed paths! Did you change your username, or were you 'tryin again' the first time around too? :)

I forgot to post last week! The weeks just seem to be passing by so fast at the moment i can't keep up! I lost 2lbs ( thought it was just one till i checked with my ticker!). Weigh in for this week is tomorrow, but sneaky peak today showed no change. I get so frustrated when i see a sts, i know i've done everything right though and it's probably just my body catching up. I've also been feeling not so well again and am awaiting more blood results for my thyroid to see if i need to up the medication. If this is the case it makes sense that the scales haven't moved but we'll see. Might be a different by the morning. I am 2lbs away from 2 stone loss so would really love to see that tomorrow :scale:

Crossing fingers (and everything else!) for you, TA :)

Hi Tryin again, did you make that 2 stone mark???? if your stalling look at your tolerated, could be your being over generous ?

Ditto! Waiting with bated breath for the results. And if you're not there yet, it will come next week!

Cx

too busy to post again! I lost 1lb which was better than the sts i was expecting, however the next day i lost another :party0011:. So have officially lost 2 stone!!! I'm very pleased with myself, especially as people said to me "once your on thyroxine you'll never lose the weight". Well maybe they haven't tried dukan :scale:.

Still a way to go, but i really believe i will get to the end this time. It's not just about quickly loosing weight anymore, it's about a complete lifestyle change that i've undertaken to massively improve my quality of life. Being so unwell for so long this year has been a really big wake up call for me and some days it's still such a struggle. I've felt like i aged overnight, having no energy to do anything and then being so out of control of my weight gain, my confidence took a huge battering. I'm starting to get my confidence back as i loose weight though and love the feeling that i'm taking back control again. Not one thing has passed my lips that shouldn't have in the whole 9 weeks and i'm still feeling just as strong now as when i started.

I'm off on holiday in a couple of weeks to Greece for 2 weeks which will be a challange food wise. Usually, the food is a massive part of the whole experience for me as i do get a lot of enjoyment out of high carb/fat/sugary food. I'm determind to not put weight on while i'm away though and now i'm gluten free that wipes out alot of the things i would have been eating anyway. My plan is to stick to the diet wherever possible and when not to go for the lesser of two evils:devilangel:. I also have a really long swim in the sea every morning when i'm there. It's one of my favourite parts of the day when there's noone around and the sea is like a millpond. I'm hoping this will kick start my exercising off and when i get home i'll be able to go back to the gym, if not i might continue swimming here and just imagine i'm in that sea. :gen157:

Woohoo! Congrats! Love the holiday plans - sounds like you will come back a lot lighter, if you can stick to those eating guidelines and do the swimming as well.

Good luck!

Massive congratulations Tryin Again! 2 stone is completely incredible! You have really earnt you're lovely break, so I've got my fingers crossed for great weather for you while you're away.

I went to Greece last year. Amazing! but it was the sugary cocktails that did me in! You should have lots of choice with the great seafood though, so you'll still be able to enjoy some lovely "holiday food", even if you do have to skip the olives.

Like you, I sometimes find it hard to take the attention away from food, but swimming, sunbathing and relaxing should do the trick!
I love your plan about kickstarting exercise - sometimes it's best to start a new workout regime after a break, or even while away from home as you need that change of environment to really kickchange your attitude.

Huge High-Five for eating on plan with no cheats for this whole time! Please share your secret?

Otherwise, what's your favourite Dukan meal? And what's your favourite go-to snack? I need inspiration! xoxox

Massive congratulations Tryin Again! 2 stone is completely incredible! You have really earnt you're lovely break, so I've got my fingers crossed for great weather for you while you're away.

I went to Greece last year. Amazing! but it was the sugary cocktails that did me in! You should have lots of choice with the great seafood though, so you'll still be able to enjoy some lovely "holiday food", even if you do have to skip the olives.

Like you, I sometimes find it hard to take the attention away from food, but swimming, sunbathing and relaxing should do the trick!
I love your plan about kickstarting exercise - sometimes it's best to start a new workout regime after a break, or even while away from home as you need that change of environment to really kickchange your attitude.

Huge High-Five for eating on plan with no cheats for this whole time! Please share your secret?

Otherwise, what's your favourite Dukan meal? And what's your favourite go-to snack? I need inspiration! xoxox
Hi Shelly, yes Greece is my favourite place to be so i can't wait! I think i've found it easier simply because of having to be gluten free. The things i'd normally cheat with all have gluten in and knowing how ill it makes me it's just not worth it :sick0019:. I was very varied with my food to start with but have my favourites now that i seem to stick to regularly, i'll change it up if i get bored. Lunch is usally something and salad or a piece of salmon with asparagus soup on a pv or 1/2 cooked chicken or burgers and fried egg for pp. For dinner, my favourite is chicken breast stuffed with lowfat garlic and herb soft cheese, wrapped in bacon with roasted veg, bolognaise or a roast with butternut squash instead of potatoes for pv, then lucluc beef or salt & pepper chicken for pp (both recipies from here). i also make egg custard to have every night for dinner. I don't really snack much, have a gallette for breakfast(love them) then a muller light for my break at work then just lunch and dinner. I'm never hungry between meals so don't really think to snack. So no secret really and probably a bit boring!

Week 10, 2lb off. Happy enough with that, although it would be lovely to see a big number every once in a while! Feeling very slim today though!:stickdance:

Lunch is usally something and salad or a piece of salmon with asparagus soup on a pv or 1/2 cooked chicken or burgers and fried egg for pp. For dinner, my favourite is chicken breast stuffed with lowfat garlic and herb soft cheese, wrapped in bacon with roasted veg, bolognaise or a roast with butternut squash instead of potatoes for pv, then lucluc beef or salt & pepper chicken for pp (both recipies from here). i also make egg custard to have every night for dinner. I don't really snack much, have a gallette for breakfast(love them) then a muller light for my break at work then just lunch and dinner. I'm never hungry between meals so don't really think to snack. So no secret really and probably a bit boring!

Not Boring at all! You have given me loads of good ideas! Definitely gonna fix up some burgers and some of that egg custard. I get so stuck on PP days and have started to dread them. I'm such a piggie in the morning too, I always have the galette and something - like egg whites on PP and sliced tomato on PV. I think for me, the problem is, I love different textures, so I need to have more than one think going on on the plate each time. It's really tough not being about to find cottage cheese here. Looking forward to my next trip back to the UK to stock up.

But I love your menu. I would benefit from going completely Gluten free. I have quite bad psoriasis on my head, and on my fingers and toes. when I cut out the wheatbran, it gets much better. But I am lazy and complacent and the wheatbran brings me other benefits ;) Also, I can cover the infection in my nails with nail polish. Maybe once I finish this bag, I won't buy another one, and I'll see how it goes.

Brilliant work on 2 more lbs this week. It's melting off! Just in time for your holiday! :)

Great stuff last week, TA! How did it go this week? You must be getting ready for your Greece trip soon... Lucky girl!

Cx

Back from a wonderful holiday in Corfu at 3am this morning. I was determiend to stick to dukan as much as possible with salad every day. I had a greek yogurt with oatbran for breakfast but also mixed in honey. Made a feta cheese salad most days to take to the beach for lunch and then chose some sort of meat with salad again for dinner. I had an icecream every day which i had planned from the start and thoroughly enjoyed all 14 of them! During the second week i wasn't as strict and had a two bags of crisps and a small amount of chips with about three meals. I was determined to weigh myself when i woke up today, preparing for quite a large gain especially after the flight but i have only put on 2lb!!!!:scale: I couldn't believe what the number said so checked three times! I'm over the moon about this and have proved to myself that i can have some treats on a holiday without having to eat everything in sight. I did do a long swim every morning in the sea to try and reduce the gain a bit but i was honestly expecting far more than that.

Straight back to a pp day today as i know from past experience that if i don't get straight back in the dukan zone, then it just doesn't happen. Am hoping that the 2lb will be gone in a couple of days as am planning 3 pp days followed by pv sat and sunday.

For now though back to unpacking and washing, hopefully will catch up on all the diarys over the next few days x

Wow that really is a result! Good for you. It sounds as if you had a spell in "real life" there. Having a little of what you want, but being able to pull back going for everything in sight (as I have a tendency to do on holiday!).

Good for you and I bet those 2lbs will be history pretty quickly.

x

Fantastic news, tryin again! That's a tiny gain and I'm sure the ice-creams were worth every mouthful :)

Good luck getting straight back into pp this week. The 2lbs will be gone in no time!

Cx

Tryin Again! you are inspirational! what a way to prove you can loosen the reins, but still keep on track - those 2 lbs will be gone in no time!! fantastic stuff!

Miss you around here, welcome back! Hope your nice memories and tan are keeping the post-holiday-blues at bay! xx

Back