Dukan v thyroid

May not go this weekend. Not feeling too good so may chicken out. I enjoy eating off plan but drinking scares me. Can get a little naughty with the drinks and as I haven't had any for a while may be disastrous

It might be fun! I always stick to vodka when on dukan though, wine would probably make me very ill.

2nd day of week 2 today and I'm feeling good! I've been food shopping and brought an awful lot of food! I'm eating loads at the moment and really enjoying it :). I have a very sweet tooth so am making sure that I am armed with supplies ready for the evening when I want something pudding like. At the moment I have a baked custard in the oven, rhubarb in the microwave and I've just made a jelly too. That should keep me going :p.

I'm starting to feel like I've got more energy which is fab. I'm nearly asleep by 9 pm but then I'm up at 6 am wide awake and raring to get in the scales. Long may it continue!!!

food yesterday, breakfast galette, lunch salmon and salad, dinner chicken curry.....the whole thing!
Today, breakfast galette, lunch burgers and egg, dinner steak, and egg custard and possibly some rhubarb too, yum!

It might be fun! I always stick to vodka when on dukan though, wine would probably make me very ill.

I don't drink vodka. My usual is whiskey... Dont know how that will go down. Will let you know on Sat! No talking tomorrow ;)

2nd day of week 2 today and I'm feeling good! I've been food shopping and brought an awful lot of food! I'm eating loads at the moment and really enjoying it :). I have a very sweet tooth so am making sure that I am armed with supplies ready for the evening when I want something pudding like. At the moment I have a baked custard in the oven, rhubarb in the microwave and I've just made a jelly too. That should keep me going :p.

I'm starting to feel like I've got more energy which is fab. I'm nearly asleep by 9 pm but then I'm up at 6 am wide awake and raring to get in the scales. Long may it continue!!!

food yesterday, breakfast galette, lunch salmon and salad, dinner chicken curry.....the whole thing!
Today, breakfast galette, lunch burgers and egg, dinner steak, and egg custard and possibly some rhubarb too, yum!

Sweet tooth here too... Its not a sugar fix that I need. Just something sweet!

I now plan a desert for lunch and dinner everyday. May not eat it but make sure its there so I dont reach for mum's chocolate :D

Enjoy your eating xx

2lbs down in 2 days on the second week :D:D:D. The weight seems to be falling off so far! I did put the last stone on very quickly though with being ill and I think I've timed starting dukan with my meds kicking in properly so the two are working hand in hand. I'm just so relieved to be loosing weight at last!

i have felt fantastic today, think I've go that dukan high, I'm always so much happier when in control of my eating. I love how light I feel on dukan too, probably due to the fact that there's no bloating.

Off for another game of badminton this evening with my boys, then home for spag bowl without the spag....... That'll be just bowl then! I've made a huge amount too so I can eat as much as I like. Now just need to get the courage to go to the gym. Maybe tomorrow?..... We'll see :cool:

Doing well xx it's such a relief to know you are feeling so positive x Don't push too hard give the Gym another week or two xx

2lbs down in 2 days on the second week :D:D:D. The weight seems to be falling off so far! I did put the last stone on very quickly though with being ill and I think I've timed starting dukan with my meds kicking in properly so the two are working hand in hand. I'm just so relieved to be loosing weight at last!

i have felt fantastic today, think I've go that dukan high, I'm always so much happier when in control of my eating. I love how light I feel on dukan too, probably due to the fact that there's no bloating.

Off for another game of badminton this evening with my boys, then home for spag bowl without the spag....... That'll be just bowl then! I've made a huge amount too so I can eat as much as I like. Now just need to get the courage to go to the gym. Maybe tomorrow?..... We'll see :cool:

Hi trying again,

glad to see you are feeling fantastic :) thats great that another 2lbs has gone forever.

keep up the good work, hope you enjoyed your 'bowl' lol

x x

I love that feeling, waking up and itching to get on the scales! Excellent work so far on week two! Cheering you on xxx

Feeling absolutely exhausted this evening :cry:. I really would love to go to bed and sleep till the morning but it's only 6pm. I was full of energy all morning, buzzing around with a smile on my face so I don't know what has happened to me!

Meat at day today, I've eaten loads again and have a steak for tea and an egg custard in the oven for later as when I'm tired the sugar cravings are even worse. Thank goodness it's the weekend!!:)

I saw my doctor today and when I told her I had lost 12lb in 9 days she was amazed! She said she'd expected me to loose very slowly now if at all for a while. She wrote down the name of the diet and said she might try it herself :D

Last edited:
Day 12 today, weightloss is definitely slow this week :sigh: . Having lost another 2 lb on first day of this week, I've stayed at that and today put a 1lb on! No idea why, yesterday was a pp day too. I know from previous attempts though that after the first week my weight goes up and down all the time. After an up usually comes a better down so am staying positive. Need to try and stop weighing daily now also. Maybe just twice a week will be better so that the scales don't determine my mood and confidence levels for the day. :):mad:

Lots to do today, when all I really want to do is sew! Instead I need to clean, wash, cook, shop, and probably do several loads of washing up. My boys are home and tend to use a new cup for each drink, which they leave in an obscure place. ( I play hunt the glasses most evenings when we've run out) , also when I'm eating different food to them there seems to be so much more dishes to wash! ......I need a dish washer :rolleyes:. Firstly though I actually need to get out of bed.

Still haven't felt energetic enough to start exercising, which is a pain as It makes me feel so good. Maybe next week?

Right, time to get up, I've just had a request for bacon sandwiches, happy Saturday everyone! X

End of week 2 and I've lost 2 lb this week. I know that's ok, 12 lb in 2 weeks but I am a little disappointed as I'd lost that 2 lb on the first day of this week and the scales have been going up and down all week. :confused: However, if I lost 2 lb a week that would be better than nothing which was happening before. I suppose I just want all this extra weight gone now! I've still got such a ling way to go and the loss doesn't show yet. I looked back at my old diary last night and the last time I started dukan I was 2 stone lighter. It's been so frustrating being unwell for so long in itself but piling the weight on regardless of what I was eating was almost as bad. Psychologically I feel horrible at this weight. I feel embarrassed about how I look and I really would hide away from everyone I know if I could because this time last year I was dukaning and was a good 3 stone lighter. It's like I've put my life on hold until I get to a certain number and I think that's why I'm so impatient with it.

However.......I'm still 12lb lighter than two weeks ago and that's really good! Putting my positive hat on and giving myself a slap round the face for being miserable. Start of a new week, and hopefully another loss at the end of it :) My challenge to myself this week is to not step on the scales for at least 3 days. Going to be hard!

Hi!

I'm new to this website (this is my first post!). I'm a repeat Dukan-er - on my first go around, I lost 30lbs. I'm on day 4, and I'm down 5.5lbs - currently at 16.5 stone (I love this whole concept of stones - a lot lovelier than seeing it all in pounds!). I don't have a thyroid issue, but I am trying to conceive, and my doctor would like my thyroid number a little lower, so I'll be re-starting synthroid whilst trying to make a baby :) I'd love to check in for support while going through the diet... not sure if this is the right place, but it seems like there are a couple of you who have similar timing with your start dates. Looking forward to getting to know you!

How's the no weighing going ? I just can't resist but am not quite so obsessive now x Think you are going to have a nice weight loss at the end of this week and with all health challenges this will be a tremendous achievement - keep going xxxxx

Hi!

I'm new to this website (this is my first post!). I'm a repeat Dukan-er - on my first go around, I lost 30lbs. I'm on day 4, and I'm down 5.5lbs - currently at 16.5 stone (I love this whole concept of stones - a lot lovelier than seeing it all in pounds!). I don't have a thyroid issue, but I am trying to conceive, and my doctor would like my thyroid number a little lower, so I'll be re-starting synthroid whilst trying to make a baby :) I'd love to check in for support while going through the diet... not sure if this is the right place, but it seems like there are a couple of you who have similar timing with your start dates. Looking forward to getting to know you!
Hi Teresa, well done on your first few days, that's the hard bit done as you know. I'm interested to know why your doctor would like your thyroid number a little lower yet thinks you don't gave a thyroid problem. I've researched so much on the subject if thyroids over the last few months, it's such a mine field!

I have painstakingly followed weight watchers for months and just continued to gain weight but dukan seems to really work well for me. As long as the scales continue to move downwards I'm happy!

Good luck with your weightloss and more importantly, having a baby :)

How's the no weighing going ? I just can't resist but am not quite so obsessive now x Think you are going to have a nice weight loss at the end of this week and with all health challenges this will be a tremendous achievement - keep going xxxxx

I haven't weighed today! Whether I can do the same tomorrow I don't know! The thing is I love the boost it gives if the scales are nice, but in the same way hate the mood they put me in if they're not!

Day 16! That's gone so quick! I haven't weighed today but after yesterday's time of the month and todays several toilet trips I'm hoping the scales are moving again ( thanks rhubarb). Very bad headache today but think that's more hormones than dukan.

As for food it's easy now. It's amazing how quick you can get used to eating this way and fall into a routine. It's the only diet where I can stay away from chocolate and not feel like I'm going to explode :eek:

Such a a busy day today, my children are off on holiday wit heir dad for two weeks from next week and I've been ironing all of their clothes.....god I hate ironing. Am shattered but still have heir dinner to make then off out to karate lesson(not mine!) before finally getting home at 8 for dinner. Stir fried steak tonight. Yum and quick!

Day 16... Doesn't time fly when you having fun? :)

Hope you managed to get all the ironing done xx

Back