Consolidation Dukandebut's Trying to Stay the Same Diary

You can change the target amounts of protein fat and carbs under the goals section(I think) as the carb aim is massive and the protein amount small.

Thanks, jaqys - although I have no idea what I should be changing it to, to be honest! :eek: :D

I've also now found the bit where you can add your own recipes, which should save time and also give a more accurate figure.

Thanks, Jo. I've had to edit and make a slight adjustment as I got my metric muddled up and put 30g down for the oatbran. Just weighed it out this morning when I made my breakfast and it's actually 10g. I thought it sounded very calorific for the amount concerned! :eek:

I must admit that I have never (or perhaps a few years ago) weighed my oatbran. He does say 2 x 15g tablespoons though... so is your tablespoon big enough, rounded enough?!! I'm scrabbling around here, cos I have never weighed it.

111g carbs is an excellent level (to still be losing weight at). You must have a fabulous metabolism!

I must admit that I have never (or perhaps a few years ago) weighed my oatbran. He does say 2 x 15g tablespoons though... so is your tablespoon big enough, rounded enough?!! I'm scrabbling around here, cos I have never weighed it.

111g carbs is an excellent level (to still be losing weight at). You must have a fabulous metabolism!

No, they're normal-sized, Jo, and I do tend to have them slightly heaped. I think that Dr D (and myself initially) is getting 15g muddled up with 15ml. I know that metric weights and measures are supposed to be pretty consistent, but oatbran is very light and I'd need 6 tblsp to get up to 30g! :eek:

Oh dear, about the carbs - I'd imagined that my level was low! :eek: What is it supposed to ideally be at this stage? I didn't think that my metabolism was all that good (it used to be fantastic when I was younger - I could eat anything, but has slowed down greatly since I was unwillingly forced over the age 40 threshold a few years ago).

Your carbs are low compared to a normal diet with 400 but high compared to someone on Atkins. A really impressive level for someone on maintenence.

I dont know what the shoulds are with the carbs fat protein either I just fiddled with mine, raising the protein to what sounded resonable then kind of splitting the other two.

I think the machine self adjusts anyway when you insist on one field (in my case carbs being at 60...).

As Jaq explains re carbs. I'd feared, given that you were still losing, that your carbs were still very very low... but given that you've posted a menu without starch, without gala meal, that's encouraging. Which day(s) do you have your pasta/rice? Gala?

As Jaq explains re carbs. I'd feared, given that you were still losing, that your carbs were still very very low... but given that you've posted a menu without starch, without gala meal, that's encouraging. Which day(s) do you have your pasta/rice? Gala?

Jo, part of me is wishing I'd never set eyes on this devilishly infernal fitnesspal website! I'm using it as an excuse to finish off the Christmas chocs before they go out of date now! :eek: (Thankfully, I'm managing to stick to a maximum of 3 or 4 a day, but will have to keep a strict check on myself.) I may have to cut out my chocolate treats altogether, though, depending on my gala/carb days.

All a question of balance. Some low days should be fine as long as I balance them out with higher ones to a level of stabilisation.

Anyway, my gala day for this week will be Saturday and my carbs will be on Wednesday. It'll be interesting (and possibly scary) to see what they turn out to be like. I'm also keen to find out how my PP day goes.

If it wasn't for your continued weight loss, we'd not be "approving" those chocolates every day - cos, as you say, it's not Consolidation behaviour OR the sort of habit you want to get back into. Have you many left? I'd far sooner see extra wholemeal bread or pasta...

I couldn't post my statistics either so you're doing better than me. Stay away from it if it's distracting you.

I couldn't resist weighing two of my spoonfuls of oatbran and mine weigh 28g. Not sure what's up with your oatbran. Will open a new thread to get others to weigh the English stuff! Strange yours is so light!

If it wasn't for your continued weight loss, we'd not be "approving" those chocolates every day - cos, as you say, it's not Consolidation behaviour OR the sort of habit you want to get back into. Have you many left? I'd far sooner see extra wholemeal bread or pasta...

I couldn't post my statistics either so you're doing better than me. Stay away from it if it's distracting you.

I couldn't resist weighing two of my spoonfuls of oatbran and mine weigh 28g. Not sure what's up with your oatbran. Will open a new thread to get others to weigh the English stuff! Strange yours is so light!

You know, this fitnesspal thing might just prove to be a blessing as far as chocs are concerned, Jo. I never realised just how many calories and stuff were in them. Just 3 or 4 of them are packed with calories! And I'm beginning to wonder whether they're actually worth it now - whereas in the past I would have eaten between half to a whole box in a single day. :eek: This exercise is really bringing the stupidity of that home to me, and I don't even feel tempted to get back into my old habits.

There are a fair few left, plus 2 bars of choc. However, I've already thrown some of them out (most unlike me!) I think, as long as I continue to lose weight or stabilise with them, I might eat 3 or the nicest ones every so often (definitely not every day) until they're gone. Otherwise, I'll dump them by giving them away to friends or neighbours.

As for the oatbran, I've posted in your new thread. I'm starting to wonder now whether my weighing scales are dodgy, because the spoons are definitely the right size, 15ml.

Nearly forgot. Daily PV menu:

B Yoghurt with medium glass of apple juice
L Big bowl of courgette and mint soup with cheese and spring onion toasted sandwich, followed by yoghurt
D Galette containing stirfried chicken, red pepper, red onion, mushrooms, small dash of Worcestershire Sauce and fresh coriander, along with a fromage frais and chive dip, followed by crème au chocolat

The mere idea of someone throwing chocolate away upsets me :cry:

Do you not have "a cupboard"? You know that place where "things" are that you don't want to see every day? That's where I'd put them, and have them for a dessert on a gala one day...

Have you increased your bread ration now?

The mere idea of someone throwing chocolate away upsets me :cry:

Do you not have "a cupboard"? You know that place where "things" are that you don't want to see every day? That's where I'd put them, and have them for a dessert on a gala one day...

Have you increased your bread ration now?

Don't cry, Jo. The chocs I threw out were horrid coffee ones. They're disgusting and deserve to be in the bin. ;)

I don't have a cupboard, but I have popped them in the spare bedroom instead. In my former life as a crazed chocolate binger, the chocs used to stay on my desk, within easy reach, so my new Chocolate Storage Facility (am thinking of making a sign for the spare bedroom with that typed on it) is a definite improvement.

As for the gala dessert, I'm afraid that I'm too addicted to my brownies and proper puddings to substitue chocolates for them. However, I've decided that even when I get onto Phase II or Stab, one dessert a week is sufficient, so I could always have 3 or 4 chocs once a week instead of the other gala dessert.

And yup, I started having the increased bread ration (60g for now) as of yesterday. If I keep losing, I'll also buy some fruit yoghurts at the weekend and add one of those in each day.

Do we still not get to see a photo of you? (even a headless one?!)

Do we still not get to see a photo of you? (even a headless one?!)

I really, really, really hate being photographed, but I might do a headless one if I can pluck up the courage. No promises, though. My husband, friends and family would tell you just how bad I am for this. Most of the photos they've tried to sneakily take of me have hands in the way, or shots of me with napkins over my face or diving under tables (yes, really).

I am the same re the photos DD - but kind of wish I had some fattest ones now. The trouble is that when I look in the mirror (in the buff) I think I look the same as I did when I was nearly 20 st - even though I know I can't possibly!

I'm still the same - isn't it funny how your brain tells you something completely different to what's true. I'm pulling clothes out of my wardrobe that haven't fit me in years and thinking I'll never get in that, and then being surprised when it's too big! I wonder if it will stay like that always or if we'll be able to see ourselves actually being as thin as we are in the end...

When I'm sitting down, I keep looking down, expecting to see my bulging tum - but it's not there anymore! ;)

I think we've been so used to the flab that it's difficult to get our heads around being slimmer.

Another silly thing about the photos is that I'm convinced I'll look flabby in them and they'll make me paranoid, even though I KNOW that I am most definitely a lot slimmer! :eek:

On to today's food breakdown. As you can see, I added a couple of chocs (getting a bit near to the best before date now). However, it's carb day tomorrow, so I won't have any then.

Breakfast
Grove - Fresh Organic Apple Juice, 250 ml 118
Weight Watchers - Vanilla Yoghurt, 1 pot 47

Calories 165

Lunch
DD's wholemeal bread, 1 serving 207
Sainsbury's - British Cheddar, Mature, 40 g 164
Spring Onion - Spring Onion, 15 g 3
Weight Watchers - Citrus Fruit Yoghurt Orange and Nectarine, 120 g 49
Courgette and Mint soup, 1 serving(s) 79

Calories 502

Dinner
Dukan galette, 1 serving(s) 99
Peppers - Sweet, red, raw, 0.5 large 21
Raw - Red Onion, 0.5 Onion 23
Generic - Coriander Fresh Bunch, 4.5 sprigs 3
Dukan creme au chocolat, 1 serving(s) 106
Chicken Skinless Breast Fillet - Chicken Breast, 185 g 198
Mushrooms - Raw, 3 medium 12
Fry Light - Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray, 1 sprays 10" pan 10
Herb - Chives Fresh, 3 g 1
Sainsburys Be Good to Yourself - Fromage Frais (Plain), 30 g 15
Lea & Perrins - Worcestershire Sauce, 1 tsp 5

Calories 484

Snacks
Thorntons Chocolate - Milk, White and Dark Continental, 2 piece 134

Total Calories 1,285

Carbs 120, Fat 43,
Protein 80

I haven't done the recommended levels as I've discovered that they become higher whenever you track any exercises. Since I did an hour of dance and 30 mins of moderate speed walking, I was given quite a high extra allowance, but thought that the differing levels would prove to be a bit confusing.

Last edited:
How do you get it to post so prettily Emma? (I too ignore the exercise as it deducts plenty of calories for it.)

Ref the whole weight loss and seeing yourself as you now are - trust me - that can take quite a while. I still to this day gaze at my silhouette as I walk past a shop window and often do not recognise myself, expecting to see the 22 stone myself.

I regretted not getting a picture of us, Mouse, when we met. Trust me - you do NOT look 20 stone!

re photos no that problem been searching for photos of me and OH for visas can i find any of me errr not a chance

How do you get it to post so prettily Emma? (I too ignore the exercise as it deducts plenty of calories for it.)

Ref the whole weight loss and seeing yourself as you now are - trust me - that can take quite a while. I still to this day gaze at my silhouette as I walk past a shop window and often do not recognise myself, expecting to see the 22 stone myself.

I regretted not getting a picture of us, Mouse, when we met. Trust me - you do NOT look 20 stone!

Oh you're right, we should have had a picture! Emm is right it is so silly how our brains think. I know I am thinner because I enjoy (this is so bad) not always being the fattest kid on the block nowadays - does anyone else remember that - wherever you went you were always the fattest person around. Now I often look around and see people who are fatter than me and it makes me feel good!!

Back