Consolidation Dukandebut's Trying to Stay the Same Diary

Hurray! The wind has finally dropped and the sun is out! I can come out from behind the sofa where I was hiding now! ;-)

Am aching a bit because our 2 cats seem to prefer my half of our bed - and so I was left clinging onto the end since they wouldn't let me have any room last night. I hope my dance exercise class today will help to get my joints moving and back to normal again. Extra exercise today as I'll be walking home and to the post office afterwards - almost 2 miles.

PV with carbs day:

B Yoghurt with oatbran, 1 muffin, small glass of apple juice
L Ham sandwich with salad, plus yoghurt
D Roasted red pepper beef with wholemeal pasta and Parmesan cheese, followed by crème au chocolat

OMG your Gala sounds lush.

I am having total food envy looking though all the menus.

Keep it up DD

Bren
x

I admit that I don't always read the menus in Conso. Not on a daily basis at least, but page by page rather when I'm not feeling peckish!

A bit like supermarket shopping, Jo. Definitely best avoided when feeling peckish! ;-)

I'll be out at the pub tonight, so will be sticking to Diet Coke instead of my beloved cider. Since I'll be eating my dinner much earlier than normal, I do hope I don't come home feeling ravenous - although I have plenty of yoghurts and various meats in the 'fridge if needed. I just hate that late night hunger feeling.

PV day:

B Yoghurt with small glass of apple juice
L Ham salad sandwich (may add a little extra bread as I'm not having an extra muffin today), followed by yoghurt
D Dukan pizza (galette base, tomato purée, cheese, ham, onion, mushrooms, egg on top), followed by crème au chocolat

Happily, I didn't feel hungry at all when I got home last night. That pizza was surprisingly filling - and delicious!

It's PP day today - but at least I have my lovely muffins to keep me company:

B Yoghurt, 1 toffee muffin
L Turkey rashers, cottage cheese with chives, 1 muffin
S 1 muffin
D Oriental meatballs, 1 muffin

Ooh thanks, DD. Just had inspiration for a PP pizza after reading your post.

Dukan galette base, fromage blanc with beaten egg mixture spread on top of that instead of tomato then smoked salmon on top and a tiny amount of onion/herbs. Obviously would be better with some cheese on top, but needs must!

That will be for next time though, brans been used already.

Oooh pizza........<dribbles>

Even though quark is technically a soft cheese I don't think it would behave as such on a pizza - it's too close to yogurt i think. Worth a try maybe, and I'd be interested to hear the results!

Even though quark is technically a soft cheese I don't think it would behave as such on a pizza - it's too close to yogurt i think. Worth a try maybe, and I'd be interested to hear the results!

Or you could do what the French do - but, instead of topping the cooked pizza with a dollop of crème fraîche once it's ready to serve, use fromage frais instead to give a nice creamy, dairy taste.

I really should ban the cats from our bed so I can get a good night's sleep, but I just don't have the heart.

So, today will be a very tired PV day:

B Yoghurt with small glass of apple juice
L Ham sandwich (possibly with extra bread) with salad, followed by yoghurt
D Galette, homemade burger, homemade ketchup, cheese, grilled onion and gherkin, followed by crème au chocolat

DD - lack of sleep can cause weight gain and will inevitably make weightloss more difficult due to tiredness - I know I always make bad decisions food and otherwise when I'm tired :eek: :)

might be time to find the kitty's a new home :) x

DD - lack of sleep can cause weight gain and will inevitably make weightloss more difficult due to tiredness - I know I always make bad decisions food and otherwise when I'm tired :eek: :)

might be time to find the kitty's a new home :) x

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

No way! I'd rather be the size of a bus than give up my furballs! (When I grow up, I want to be like that mad cat lady in The Simpsons.) ;)

And in any case, my naughty girl cat "helps" me to refrain from over-eating by stealing my muffins (and any other food which isn't kept under lock and key.)

I love my 2 cats to bits but they are permanently banned from our bedroom. I've enough trouble with the OH disturbing my sleep without adding cats into the bargain!

Back