Consolidation Dukandebut's Trying to Stay the Same Diary

Laura - It's weird how people's tastes seem to have changed since being on the diet. I no longer crave carbs so much anymore. Definitely a good thing!

Bren - I would, but I absolutely hate having my photo taken. Most of me are with a napkin over my face or hiding under a table from the photographer! ;-)

jaqys - I've been really enjoying Conso so far, but am a bit worried about this week's weigh in due to my 2 Gala-ish meals and not being able to fit in as much exercise as usual. Hoping to catch up again in the next few weeks.

This makes lovely reading DD... you're doing brilliantly.

Ref your fruit question on first page. I hope you do manage to eat some fruit each day because it is the only sugar you have six days a week... and it's healthy sugar too... Also, if there's one thing I miss with Dukan is CRUNCHING... so a lovely crunchy apple is such a delight I'm still shocked when on French menus I see puréed this or that!

Keep enjoying! When's first weigh in?

Thanks, Jo. As for the fruit, I'm afraid that I've been a bit naughty there. I wonder whether a fruit yoghurt would count? I find it so hard to push myself into eating it, and the only fruits that I do tend to vaguely like are the banned ones - bananas and cherries. I'll be happy to eat melon when it's in season, though, as I do find that lovely and refreshing.

My next weigh in is scheduled for Saturday morning. Keeping fingers tightly crossed that the damage isn't too bad for that.

Fingers crossed although I feel sure that if you guzzle the water, slot in a couple of hours exercise (2) and stick to plan by WI, the gala meals you had at the beginning of the week may have been processed efficiently and you have nothing to worry about.

Bummer on the pic but totally understand.

XX

Thanks, Bren. I do hope so! :)

Yesterday
B Yoghurt + oatbran
L Cheese, ham and coleslaw sandwich
D Turkey, sprouts, balsalmic vinegar baked butternut squash and red onion, crème au chocolat

Today
B Yoghurt + oatbran
L Cheese omelette and toast
D Hungarian minced steak

DD where is your fruit?

I will be checking on you, well really JO, robinhood and Anja will! LOL

Hello DD and well done. I'm sure you'll make up the extra Gala in no time, especially if you are so cautious that you are still losing weight. Enjoy your food and accept that the weight will go up and down from week to week.

As for fruit - have you tried fruit juice? I had to build that into my conso plan from the outset as freshly made juice has always been part of my family's routine and it was a wrench to give it up when I embarked on dukan. Of course it's not quite as good as a proper piece of fruit (I have those too now), but as Jo said the idea is to gradually re-introduce sugar carbs to your system, so maybe the juice will help if you can't get as far as eating an apple etc. For reference: one orange makes about 1/2 a glass (100ml?)

Bren - I hate the stuff, unfortunately! Seriously, I'd have to literally force it down. The only fruits I tend to enjoy are banned things like bananas and cherries. I do like melon, but that's not in season at the moment, and any that I might find would be tasteless and as hard as rocks.

I do like Anja's suggestion of incorporating some fruit juice instead. That would definitely make it more palatable. I'll buy some oranges at the weekend, I think, and give them a try.

Actually, I wonder whether the supermarket (fresh and not from concentrates) fruit juice would do - half a glass at a time? I'd manage to get more variety that way.

Just read your Christmas posts and had to just say - wow I take my hat off to you - completely inspirational how you managed to keep control like that!

Well I would say bought fresh juice would do just as well, probably even the longlife variety, though as a lot of that is from concentrate it could be higher in sugar (? no expert) And stay away as before from Grape, Cherry, and any smoothies, they always seem to contain banana....

DD... oriental meatballs... yum! I have a meatball recipe for kefta, but it's cooked in tomato sauce so no good for PP... what do you cook your meatballs in? low fat/salt stockcube + water?

Jo, it's actually the Dukan recipe for Meatballs with Rosemary, but I call them Oriental meatballs instead! ;-)

They're dry-cooked in a non-stick frying pan as the flavour is good and so they don't need a sauce. I'd highly recommend them. Even my non-Dukan husband really enjoys them (and he's pretty sick of mince by now). I serve his with some Chinese egg noodles.

Here's my menu for today:

B Yoghurt
L Cheese and coleslaw sandwich
D Galette, homemade burger, grilled onions, homemade Dukan-friendly tomato ketchup, gherkin

oooh yes found the recipe. Look very nice (but I can't believe he's put BOTH plum sauce and worcestershire sauce in! I shouldn't think either fit his fat free/sugar free rule.) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Back