Dukaneers with a PB craving...

alottolose

Gold Member
Hi Girlies...:)

So I went a-googling and I found this...

rabbipete : A lot of my eating is from habit rather than from hunger. In the past I have eaten sweets, crisps, anything at such times. More recently, to avoid carbs, I have eaten nuts - but these are very fatty. What are good snack foods out of the following? carrots, celery, radishes, tomatoes, cucumber, tehina, salsa, guacamole? Should any be avoided? Any at all allowed on PP days? Thanks for your support.
Moderatrice Pierre : Dear Rabbi, what you tell me is frequently coming back in messages we receive everyday. Snacks and cravings on sweet and fat food is a very bad habit. For the first items you are talking about as carrots celery radishes and tomatoes and cucumber, it's really fine. The problem is with the three last ones including nuts this is not possible; If during the day you need something to eat you can use low fat dairy products, crab sticks, dryed meat as bresaola, and
something really interesting soya bean chunks which is nuggets prepared with textured soya proteins. Instead of preparing it as a vegetarian meal you can eat them raw but dried, it's really crunchy and taste as a peanut.
Try to find them to eat them and come back to me to tell me if you like them as I love them. Have a nice day.
October 8 Weekly Chat With Dr. Dukan

Now then ladies :) whaddayathink? :) I've found some online, gonna give it a go, but not convinced :) x

Sounds good :) let me know how it tastes really please:)

Oh gosh I could so go for anything that tastes like peanuts!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be on the lookout for some now.

That's what I thought when I read it :)...I guess it's like dry quorn type stuff...but not quorn :) ok I'm confusing myself...

I had a look and it seems to come under the heading of "tvp" textured vegetarian protein (soya)... not edamame/soya beans though...need a decent veggie/vegan to pick the brains of :)

As an ex-veggie and vegan, this is TVP. Cheap enough from whole food shops (including H & B). Not entirely convinced I could eat it 'raw' though but good luck and let us know!!

P x

Excellent thanks for the input pauline :) very helpful, I must admit I have my reservations :D...not least because in the book I believe soy beans aren't allowed, yet this derivative is....and from what I've seen with a similar (in some cases worse) nutrient profile.....any counselling subscribers able to pose the question to the dear Dr?

Difference in soya beans (edamame) which he says we can't have and soya protein chunks which (see above) he says we can...also if the latter have any limits/restrictions...if he says yeah - I'll be forum guinea pig :D <gulp> x

I also recall Jo (Maintainer) saying that soya flour wasn't allowed, yet tofu is...and I believe Manda or mayb e Jaqys did use soya mince before, so that was ok too....Soya is baffling on this diet....one thing ok, another not....

I sometimes get the impression even Dudu doesn't know what's allowed from one day to the next :) <humph> x

Tried these once reconstituted and nearly gagged :) Maybe straight out of the packet, dry, they are better. They're dirt cheap so I might give it a go!
But, has anyone else heard of the soya controversy, that excess amounts allegedly raise estrogen levels and thus increase the risk of breast cancer?? Seems hard to believe though, giving that the incidence of breast cancer is (I've read) relatively low in Asian countries where consumption is high?? Plus I'm not sure what would constitute an 'excess amount' :)

To be honest, I take most nutritional controversy with a pinch of salt (!) ...... one day it's good for you, the next you're about to keel over because you had one wine gum too many .......

PS - sorry if you're all now craving wine gums! ;)

Do you think they could be toasted to add some depth of flavour? I am eagerly awaiting to see what you think of them Allot xx

We used to have this now and again - a couple of times a month, but soaked in spices/herbs and used in chilli or spag bol (with courgettes not pasta:p). Mice in the kitchen cupboard put me off (the mice loved it raw - maybe they like peanuts too?) from buying it again.

I wouldn't fancy it, but suggest sprinkling some paprika or mild chilli and toasting or drying out in oven a bit. Let us know (not that I'll be trying, not a huge peanut fan).

haven't managed to get to buy any past few days, can't drive on the painkillers and there's nowhere locally that would stock such things...x

suggest sprinkling some paprika or mild chilli and toasting or drying out in oven a bit.

I did that last night!
I sprinkled some with pepper, some with chilli, some with garlic and a few with cinnamon.
:)
Love them.
One question: how many can we have?

I already had 100 grams on Saturday and Sunday.
I would like some more but I'm afraid it is too much.

Still need a counselled minimins member to pose this question to dukan himself for me on the dukan site...as I've not found out how much is allowed - some brands seem a bit carby,,,

xxx

Then I will keep it at 100 grams a week.... till we get an answer.
I noticed too that some have more carbs.

Oh, no!
I just remember reading somewhere that it was allowed 50 grams/week.
Or I'm just confused (?)

Back