Dukanista's Diary: Part III!

Aww I wanna cuddle Couscous :D....

Totally agree regards desk jobs, I spent most of my working life being office based and it didn't help at all with the waistline....in fact I can pinpoint exactly where my problems lay....

When I got my car (I read somewhere it adds 10lbs a year to the waistline through less walking)

Being desk based (worse when working with women - :( someone always brought cakes/biccies in, as we were all totm-ing at different times there was always someone carb craving and dragging the rest of us down with them :eek: :D lol)

Then of course there was the time I had the job from hell, with the boss from hell and every evening I felt the need to "treat" myself to make myself feel better after a nasty day with her :).....

end of ramble :D sorry x

Couscous is always up for a cuddle. He can be very cute when he's after food... :)

I think a lot of the bad office habits can be changed, with some willpower, although its bloody difficult. I thought it would be impossible, but I just started saying no thanks to the snacks this year. Or if people insist, just putting them away 'for later' or passing them on to someone else. I still have a full drawer of snacks at work since I started dukan and have hardly touched them!

I also try and make myself walk around the building during the day and get out for a walk at lunch. Our office has 4 floors so I do have lots of opportunity. No more ordering food and staying at my desk either!

Caro a drawer full of snacks would play on my mind all day (I would say all day every day, but they wouldn't last past day 1:eek::)) x I would "have" to eat them x

Well at first I did have to put them in my locker so they weren't so accessible. But eventually i just stopped thinking about them. And it became a kind of symbol of my progress, that I was able to control my cravings. I didn't want to throw them away, so I just kept them as a reward when I reached tw. But I do need my gum and sugar free sweets and water bottle on the desk,though, so I have something else to put in my mouth!

Anyway, lotto, I think you have more willpower than you give yourself credit for :)

Ceri, did you start insanity yet or are you waiting for charly? I might still join you guys - as Sara said, I'll need the motivation if I'm exercising at home.

Yep, I'm waiting for charly, and we were thinking about starting next week, so the more the merrier! I might start a new exercise thread for motivation!x

Good, that gives me a few days to psych myself up... Have you done the crazy fitness test?

On the plus side, I started cycling to work again yesterday. Yay!

On the minus side, I went out 2 nights in a row and drank lychee mojitos and had a monster 5 course Italian meal with wine and an amazing chocolate pie - which i couldnt finish. Each course was small, but boy did I feel stuffed! Guess it's this week's super gala meal :)

Hooray, it's Friday!

Dukanista said:
On the plus side, I started cycling to work again yesterday. Yay!

On the minus side, I went out 2 nights in a row and drank lychee mojitos and had a monster 5 course Italian meal with wine and an amazing chocolate pie - which i couldnt finish. Each course was small, but boy did I feel stuffed! Guess it's this week's super gala meal :)

Hooray, it's Friday!

Wow what a meal it sound very very nice mmmmm xxx

Hmmm, I am studiously avoiding my own diary these days. Have to get back on track again but i just seem to have so many things on at the moment. I hosted meetings and a movie night at my place this week, which required snacks and drinks, of course.

I'm not worrying about it too much as I'm focusing on the exercise challenge for now, but going to try and be stricter from next week.

Happy Wednesday everyone,

Cx

I just bought 2 size XS belts? Woohoo! Still have to get around to having my trousers taken in but at least now they will stay up:)

On the way home now, picturing my dinner...I think it's going to be smoked salmon and Philly lite and a huge bowl of vanilla egg custard for dessert. Mmmmmmm!

Day 5 of insanity tomorrow - with the time difference I feel a huge weight of responsibility to set the pace and get my daily workout done. And then I can tell ceri what she is in for! Pure cardio tomorrow...

Cx

Just reporting back that dinner was delicious! I have to make more custard: so quick and easy in the microwave and completely dukan friendly! I'd been thinking about chocolate on the way home and just gave myself a mental slap on the wrist. I have to remind myself that dukan desserts can be just as delicious as the bad ones.

Right, one more insanity workout this week: better get some sleep!

Ok, time to face reality... My weight has been creeping up a little, and I was hoping it was just the extra exercise and totm, but I know I have to get a grip before it goes up further. I was ok with fluctuating about a kilo during stabilization, but now I've hit 2kg and that is not good. No panic yet as all my clothes are still hanging and I think some of it is 'insanity muscle', but I was maintaining 55kg while doing body pump before and so I shouldn't have much more muscle to gain.

Sigh... And the sweet tooth is back. Once I started allowing myself chocolate here and there, it is so hard to do without it on a daily basis! I haven't really introduced carbs or fats or even masses of cheese like I expected to, so it really is down to the sugar.

So... Back on track, girl! I'm going to start recording my food again and try very hard to cut out sugar completely. It's just lack of prep, honestly: if I took the time to make a batch of jelly mousse, frozen yoghurt or vanilla custard every week, I'd be fine. But it's getting home late and being tired and just wanting to cuddle up with a book and (gulp) a jar of Nutella... Ugh! There, I confessed.

Wish me luck, everyone, and watch this space!

Caro-the-chocolate-slayer

im with you on the nutella.... i bought a jar accidently with my online shopping on monday ...it remains unoppened in the cuboard and im hoping hubby finds it soon before i crack lol

ellie1969 said:
im with you on the nutella.... i bought a jar accidently with my online shopping on monday ...it remains unoppened in the cuboard and im hoping hubby finds it soon before i crack lol

Accidentally bought a jar ... ?! ;)

P x

yes :( was ticking off the things i needed on my favourates list and ticked that instead of skimmed milk powder lol

At least you can blame a slip of the mouse. I can't say it accidentally fell into my shopping basket and got accidentally paid for at the till :)

Ok, today's food (this is more paleo than strictly dukan as I dont want to completely cut fruit and nuts, but i'll see how i go).

Muffin, whey protein shake, coffee
Leftover chicken soup and spinach bake with quark and super-slim processed cheese
Handful of mixed nuts
Veggie soup
Yoghurt and persimmon shake
Hot chocolate (fat reduced dukan cocoa, and then I decided to add a tbs of Nutella...)

So not tooooo bad, and I picked up 3tubs of quark on the way home to make a few batches of mousses and frozen yoghurt. Maybe I should try that chocolate mousse recipe with the low fat cocoa?

Paulinegin said:
Good luck C, well done for grasping the nettle :D

P x

Thanks p, and good luck to you too! We're still here waiting for you if ww doesn't work out :)

And in other news, I booked my ticket yesterday! Landing in London, hopefully with 2 cats in tow, on jan 8th.

Now just have to sort out visa, job, apartment, pet relocation, and stick with my diet and exercise plan! :)

Back