Eat back calories or not

Cupcake40

Has anyone been eating back their calories from exercising? If so how productive has it been? I am looking and been toying with different plans. I was looking at 1200-1400 caps but if burning around 600 calories should I be leaving it or eating back around 300-350 cals?

I was going with no eating back but really unsure the best option to go by?!?! If you have been eating back calories what have you been eating?

Really appreciate help

xx

I think its a good idea to eat back some of the calories you burn but not all. If you burn too many calories, and don't eat enough, your body will slow down on the weight loss.
Plus you need the extra energy

I don't intend to eat back my calories, but normally eat something small before and after a work out anyway, so I imagine I'm probably eating 100-200 more on a pre/post-workout protein shake or protein bar anyway - it depends how much you're really burning, calorie burn is significantly exaggerated on a lot of gym machines - if you think you're burning 600 but only really burning 300 you might end up eating too many cals.

Try and eat protein rich calories too, as they'll help your muscles and are a lot easier to burn than carbs and fats
X

I've always wondered this. When I was using fitnesspal and putting in my calories that I have burnt off from the gym it would add that onto my calorie allowance but surely it would be defeating the object of trying to lose weight.

Back